Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Romney ever flew in a Bain aircraft after he left Bain? Getting the perks would be very telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I wonder if Romney ever flew in a Bain aircraft after he left Bain? Getting the perks would be very telling.
Lol, yes, because flying in a plane is the same as making investment decision.

Time for the Bainers to give it up.

Romney Hits Obama Camp Over Discredited Attacks, AP Oddly Silent on Facts - Guy Benson

Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Use a search engine to find Bain Capital Investments and its history. It clearly states when the CEO resigned there was unfinished business he had to address. Time frame extended 2 or 3 years. There is bunch of stuff floating around the web about Bains affairs and high value sell-offs. Bain even bought into a steel mill. If you curious it is interesting reading.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

An un-named large corporation once flew me to Europe on their corporate jet for a discussion about how I could help their company.

Does that "perk" prove that I had any affiliation with that corporation outside of them soliciting my expertise?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Very weak argument and very stupid on Obama's part. Who cares? Romney was working on helping the Olympics. What a dumb story they are trying to inflate.. Obama the loser.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Too bad we don't have a "beating a dead horse" emoticon to post!!

It would apply quite aptly to this entire thread.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:05 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Good to see you have fallen in line with Obama's lack of responsibility. Let's snap out of the Bush blame game. He has not been president for four years. Please tell me what Obama has done outside of ACA, which is an insurance company driven disgrace, other than divide and set our country back on its heels.

Oh, I don't know if I have ever watched Fox News. Not that I am opposed to it, but I would rather get my news elsewhere.
Silly winger...who was blaming Bush for anything? I was directly blaming the SCOTUS and American people who were stupid enough to vote for Bush the 2nd and 1st time. And if you need a list of PRESIDENT Obama's accomplishments, you can refer to other posts in this thread, but I'm sure your nutjob website wackos will convince you not to.

And it's okay, we all know. But I'm glad you can admit it also. You know exactly who Faux News is, and made the connection. It is amazing how the subconscious can reveal the truth to us ain't it?

Old 07-16-2012, 02:24 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"On another filing with Massachusetts officials, Bain Capital listed all of Bain’s directors and officers for 2001. The form lists Michael F. Goss as “president, managing director and chief financial officer,” along with seventeen other managing directors. Mr. Romney is not among them, suggesting that while he still owned Bain’s management company, he was not an officer of the company." -- When Did Romney Step Back From Bain? It's Complicated

If you're going to be this invested in the topic, try diverging at least a little of that investment getting to know the basic facts of the issue.
Talk about having basic knowledge of the facts. How about basic knowledge of the story you linked.

Quote:
Mr. Romney’s name or signature appears on dozens of documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission between February 1999 and August 2001, when he finalized a retirement deal with the active Bain partners and transferred to them his shares of Bain’s management entity.
From one of the partners in the firm at the time!

Quote:
“Mitt’s name were on the documents as the chief executive and sole owner of the company,” Edward W. Conard, a Bain partner at the time, said during an appearance on MSNBC on Sunday. “And it took several years for us to sort out how to put the management team in place.”

All told, Mr. Romney’s name appears on at least 142 such forms, some of which have been the subject of news coverage in recent days, fueling questions about whether Mr. Romney ever really left. One such form, posted last week by Talking Points Memo, lists Mr. Romney’s “principal occupation” as “managing director” of Bain Capital Investors VI Inc., a private equity fund.
And another quote, which clearly shows that Romney not only possibly took a paycheck for nothing, but COULD HAVE intervened in actions WHICH COULD HAVE STOPPED Bain Capital from shipping jobs overseas, but did nothing to stop it.
Quote:
When Bain takes positions in public companies, they’re required to show anyone who has an ownership interest that could be the effective equivalent of control. So Romney has to be shown on those filings. If they didn’t show them on those filings, they would have broken the law. But it has nothing to do with who’s actually running Bain Capital.”
And if he didn't have anything to do with the company, why is he only 1 of 2 people in 2001 who controls over 1MM voting shares in BCIP and Bain Trust?

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...04/dsc13da.txt

Mmkaay - YouTube

Old 07-16-2012, 02:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Too bad we don't have a "beating a dead horse" emoticon to post!!

It would apply quite aptly to this entire thread.
Wait, over four years of lame birfer threads and you think two or three days covers this topic you haven't seen anything yet.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:29 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Silly winger...who was blaming Bush for anything? I was directly blaming the SCOTUS and American people who were stupid enough to vote for Bush the 2nd and 1st time. And if you need a list of PRESIDENT Obama's accomplishments, you can refer to other posts in this thread, but I'm sure your nutjob website wackos will convince you not to.

And it's okay, we all know. But I'm glad you can admit it also. You know exactly who Faux News is, and made the connection. It is amazing how the subconscious can reveal the truth to us ain't it?

BTW little fellow, didn't you read the news that principals at Bain confirmed the fact that Romney was not involved in decision making after 1999? Oh, and two of them are contributors to the Obama campaign....ridiculous, I know.

Now, I already know what many believe to be Obama's accomplishments. Unfortunately, he has done far more damage than any irrelevant "accomplishments".

Yes, I know who Fox News is...even know a few of the personalities. No, I have never watched it. Proud to say that I have never watched MSNBC either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies