Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Lopez is a fool and I'm being nice.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-17-2012 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Can't understand why the legals support the illegals.. I know if I did something the legal way, I would not like the ones who got the same benefits by doing it the illegal way. No one cares about fairness anymore.. it is a free for all , grab what you can and no right from wrong. Lopez should read up on what the word illegal means. He is no upstanding citizen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Many have family members that are illegal.
Many have felt the discrimination towards Hispanics that people like Arapaio condone.

Case and point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Lopez is a fool and I'm being nice. Every time some La Raza person says stupid stuff like Lopez did; it just makes ALL "Hispanics" look worse and worse in American eyes. Yes; I'll say it: prejudice is getting worse against Hispanics and people who look like regular Mexicans.
Ignorance. I'd rather support 1 million illegals, than support people like this poster above.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Many have felt the discrimination towards Hispanics that people like Arapaio condone.

Case and point:

Ignorance. I'd rather support 1 million illegals, than support people like this poster above.
I wish Lopez would shut up AND ALL illegal aliens; not just the "Hispanic" ones go back home. Sheesh!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
George Lopez is nothing more than a loudmouth Illegal alien supporter.
No, he's a washed up has been comediian illegal alien supporter. lol

Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
I have very good Mexican friends. They were born in this Country, does that make a difference. They have always been hard workers, ever since i have known them, Have their own business, as we do. Are very family oriented. Do for the community, and are just really nice people.

They don't feel as Lopez does about illegal immigration at all. Infact not all Mexicans do. The ones i know feel differently about this. They are so against it. They just think differently. As they tell me if your going to make the damn sacrifice to come to this Country, have the guts to do it right, and learn the lanugage of this Country.

While Lopez and others feel a certain way, there are many Mexicans i know who feel the opposite of Lopez, and are very against illegal immigration, and the pandering that Obama caters to them, drives my friend nuts.

Because so many of us are against illegal immigration, don't get it confused with legal, or hatred, it is neither, it is wanting people to do the right thing by our laws, and not getting rewarded and freebies, for breaking our laws.

What kind of crap is that anyways.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have very good Mexican friends. .
No offense, but I find this statement vaguely familiar, needless to say I stopped reading after this point

Some of my best friends are...

Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 PM

717 posts, read 647,958 times
Arpaio is an idiot trying to become a morn, unsuccessfully I might add.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
No offense, but I find this statement vaguely familiar, needless to say I stopped reading after this point

Some of my best friends are...

I accept that. But after twenty yrs, they should be best friends, ya think. I have so many friends, i really do, and they are individual, and every race.

I should have said friends of mine who are Mexicans, that would have sounded better, do not agree with the likes of Lopez, but accept you not wanting to read, the way i put it. And i am still friends with those i was friends with in High School.

Too many on this forum believe that all Hispanics think and act the same way, and that is wrong, because they do not, everybody does not fit the same mold?

How would you have wanted me to state the fact, that i do have Mexicans as best friends, i have known some since my High School days.

And they don't agree with illegal immigration? And that ain't no lie.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:06 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
...How would you have wanted me to state the fact, that i do have Mexicans as best friends, i have known some since my High School days.

And they don't agree with illegal immigration? And that ain't no lie.
Ehhh, but in the end, AA-NYC will call them "illegal" too...

Page 2 of this topic shows it...

Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ehhh, but in the end, AA-NYC will call them "illegal" too...

Page 2 of this topic shows it...
Well then sorry to disapoint? If they were born in this Country and they were, they are American as i am.

Are you kidding me, the majority of my friends, don't even speak spanish. A couple do, but for the most part, most don't speak spanish.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between being born in this Country, and those illegals, who break the laws to get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies