Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which course of action do you think will be more likely to cause the situation in the Middle East to
Withdrawel of American Forces from Iraq within six months. 4 26.67%
Military action against Iran. 9 60.00%
Not Sure. 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,313,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
If we move against Iran, the entire area will unite against us. Then, when they get rid of us, (and they will) they will turn on each other until the strongest one gets the biggest piece of the pie.

It would be a comfort to pretend that we would never attack Iran, but there is that attitude in Washington that since we are the biggest and best, we deserve to win. And as long as some believe that piece of drivel, there is real danger.
What Arab countries will unite against America, if Iran is attacked by a group of countries?

Even France will be attacking Iran this time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
France will talk diplomacy. And if there is a confrontation, while France might join a fight, it will not start a fight or be the first to attack.

France has not had a good strong army since Napoleon and even then....

As for which Arab and/or Middle East countries will join a fight, I'd reckon if we make this an all out attack, it will be viewed as a potential blood bath, and all the nations will form an alliance to protect their land, resources and ideology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
What Arab countries will unite against America, if Iran is attacked by a group of countries?

Even France will be attacking Iran this time...

Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Arab nations will join in the attack on Iran.

Arab nations will join in the attack on Iran. They know the truth!

Next, these same Arab nations will clean out Syria themselves.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 AM

Can you name the nations you believe "know the truth" and will join the US in an attack against Iran?

Quote:
Arab nations will join in the attack on Iran. They know the truth!

Next, these same Arab nations will clean out Syria themselves.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Iran The Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
If we move against Iran, the entire area will unite against us. Then, when they get rid of us, (and they will) they will turn on each other until the strongest one gets the biggest piece of the pie.

It would be a comfort to pretend that we would never attack Iran, but there is that attitude in Washington that since we are the biggest and best, we deserve to win. And as long as some believe that piece of drivel, there is real danger.
Here's a good article on this subject of Iran
IRAN THE BULLY | By PETER BROOKS | Opinions | Scott Stringer | Adam Brodsky

Old 10-01-2007, 11:13 AM

This is not good reporting, but an editorial piece that makes assertions, and does not answer any real questions.

The Middle East will unite against the US if pushed just like two brothers against a common enemy.

Make no mistake, Captain, brothers in Islam, will unite against the West not fight with the West.

Quote:

Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Please do not call me captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
This is not good reporting, but an editorial piece that makes assertions, and does not answer any real questions.

The Middle East will unite against the US if pushed just like two brothers against a common enemy.

Make no mistake, Captain, brothers in Islam, will unite against the West not fight with the West.
Please understand, I never called myself a captain. Please do not call me captain. I was a proud, lance corporal (E3) in the Marines. CAPMARINE stands for Combined Action Program (CAP) Marine.

The Combined Action Program (CAP) is the unit I served in Vietnam. You can read about the unit in a LIFE Magazine article at: LIFE*Cover

Back to the topic of this thread and your comment. Arabs do not trust Persians. Arabs see the truth, just like I mentioned. Syria is Arab but their bother and sister Arabs, see through their betrayal.

You will see Arab nations supporting the cleaning out of both Iran and Syria.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:

Here's the link to the article that you deleted. Please offer your comments about this article. Bolton has some great knowledge about Iran, since he had access to information that most Americans will never have. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mon-sense.html

Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 PM

I think the former Ambassador is a war-mongerer. The Iranian's are only beginning to explore nuclear power; they don't have it. It is premature to think about any strike, and the fact that this article appears in Jerusalem and not in the US, makes me believe he is pandering to the Israeli hawks.

Quote:
[b] Please offer your comments about this article. Bolton has some great knowledge about Iran, since he had access to information that most Americans will never have. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mon-sense.html

Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Where do you get your information from... IRAN?

Quote:
I think the former Ambassador is a war-mongerer. The Iranian's are only beginning to explore nuclear power; they don't have it. It is premature to think about any strike, and the fact that this article appears in Jerusalem and not in the US, makes me believe he is pandering to the Israeli hawks.
"The Iranian's are only beginning to explore nuclear power; they don't have it."

Where do you get your information from... IRAN?

In spite of all the information you have from important sources, the action will take place when they decide. There was a recent practice run against Syria. Iran's time is soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies