Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What he's saying is that Italy did it too, and very recently. For the oil, baby.
Italy doesn't do anything without US support or recognition. But it's totally beside the point. Italians aren't patriotic, and it's pretty hard to find any Italians who are willing to go to war for oil. If you ever stop by, you'll see what I'm saying is true.

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
LOL, you've been hanging around tourist trap sidewalk cafes too much. I'm talking about Italian leadership, not the actions of "Georgio six pack".

Like I said, check out some historical context on how France and Italy are big time regime manipulators on the world scene.
It is just that due to the jealousy factor the US is under a magnifying glass, and people are quick to jump in and critisize no matter what we do. I have lived in Europe long enough to know about the jealousy factor there. Of course Italy and France have similar incidents, but no one bothers to harp against them for it.

700 posts, read 637,960 times
Italian ship fires on Indian fishing boat, 2 dead - Yahoo! News

I think your problem is oikophobia.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
LOL, you've been hanging around tourist trap sidewalk cafes too much. I'm talking about Italian leadership, not the actions of "Georgio six pack".

Like I said, check out some historical context on how France and Italy are big time regime manipulators on the world scene.
More "they do it, why can't I??"

This thread is about America's actions, not those of other countries. (And to me, there's absolutely no comparison anyway. None. Like comparing an apple and an apple tree.)

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
I don't know if you've been reading the news much recently, but the US has been toying with the idea of starting a war with Iran.

Italy is not planning to go to war with anyone.

BIG difference.

And that is the topic of this thread: war. (not pirate ships)

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 07:37 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
When the polls start sagging, a war here or there always helps.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is just that due to the jealousy factor the US is under a magnifying glass, and people are quick to jump in and critisize no matter what we do. I have lived in Europe long enough to know about the jealousy factor there. Of course Italy and France have similar incidents, but no one bothers to harp against them for it.
Jealous of WHAT?? High health care rates??

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 07:40 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Jealous of WHAT?? High health care rates??

Peace,
brian
Friends and family of mine who live "across the pond" do not like their standard of living and would prefer to live here. They find it difficult to get ahead where they live and are always struggling to get by.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We have put ourselves in this position by our constant policing of the world and our arrogance.

What is there to be jealous of? A 17+ trillion dollar debt? Our public education that has gone downhill? Our healthcare costs which have gone through the roof? Our 20+ million illegal aliens in this country? Over 5000 troops dead? Being molested by the TSA? 46 million Americans on Food Stamps? 8% unemployment?

Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
As an American, and as much as I'm not proud to say this, the more I live in Europe, and interact with Europeans, the more American culture seems very barbaric. I didn't see it so clearly while I still lived in the US, but now that I'm out, it's just amazing..

Peace,
brian
My old man saw the European concentration camps and he saw the citizens eating out of garbage cans in 1945.

Not very impressed with their culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies