Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Maybe the US shouldn't be in the Persian Gulf to begin with.

Peace,
brian
Maybe you shouldn't be in Europe to begin with, then then we wouldn't have to be in the Persian Gulf...to begin with.

Peace,
john
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Pretty much everything that is American. Our standard of living for one, and our way of life. I'll tell you, imitation is the purest form of flattery, and Europeans imitate US in every way.
I can tell you that many many Europeans (I meet new ones every day) do not admire the US in many regards: use of the death penalty, schoolyard shootings, starting wars in other countries....

Way of life? Italians are proud of Italian clothing, Italian food, German cars... Not much about the US that they admire there, aisi. Well, some want to admire George Clooney and Julia Roberts, I'm ok with that. But that's not the topic of this thread.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocietySam View Post
Who cares if we are invited or not- it is not our business.
Freedom of the seas is our business. As long as we are dependent upon oil from that region it is our business to make sure no one has the ability to impact shipping.
I care if we are invited. Its the difference between being an invader and a welcome guest.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Maybe you shouldn't be in Europe to begin with, then then we wouldn't have to be in the Persian Gulf...to begin with.

Peace,
john

Hi john,

on a personal note, I didn't ask anyone to go to the Persian gulf, thank you. As far as I'm concerned, they should leave immediately, and start working on peace relations with Iran.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocietySam View Post
We can take this argument back a long way to prove it is the western zionists who started this war with the middle east.

America does not belong on their lands. America should not be occupying lands with military bases.

Cry me a river muslim sympathizer. I wish we would just get it over with and nuke Mecca, then take over the entire middle east for all their oil.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The Boat was warned to steer away. They elected to ignore the warning. I prefer our military to error on the side of caution for our own.
As for the whimpering the US needs to learn to get along lecture. Then why did Europe need us to go clean up their back yard. Bosnia???? Half the problems in the ME are a direct result of European politics.
I have been to Italy 27 times with the Navy. Not a bad place to visit and I like the people, but perfect italy is not.
Again, Bosnia and other past problems are not the subject. (Unless you are willing to propose a peace solution that would be relevant to the current issue.) The issue is now, not the past.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Cry me a river muslim sympathizer. I wish we would just get it over with and nuke Mecca, then take over the entire middle east for all their oil.
Unfortunately, many Americans think the exact same way. That's what I mean by "barbaric American thinking."

Peace,
brian

Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
I can tell you that many many Europeans (I meet new ones every day) do not admire the US in many regards: use of the death penalty, schoolyard shootings, starting wars in other countries....

Way of life? Italians are proud of Italian clothing, Italian food, German cars... Not much about the US that they admire there, aisi. Well, some want to admire George Clooney and Julia Roberts, I'm ok with that. But that's not the topic of this thread.

Peace,
brian
Checking the give a damn meter...... Nope its still on zero. Europeans don't admire the US?
Hmmmmm Who paid for the security they enjoyed during the cold war? Oh yeah that was the USA.
Who foots the lion share of the bill for NATO? Yes the USA again.
What this means is they were able to use tax dollars for other things. Dumb of the USA but good foe them.
Some on this foeum are not well traveled but I am.
Italy sports some of the dirtiest cities I have ever seen. Naples is a crap hole. Good food but very dirty.
I learned to ski in Italy and like it there. But please. Italy is no paradice nor is europe. France is almost as dirty as Italy and french people actually deserve the reputation.
Go to asia and observe. It is not the americans who are rude to the locals. It is the french and Russians.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
A lot has changed in 65+ years!

Peace,
brian
It will never change over there. Without the US ww3 would have happened already and it would have started in Europe.

You think you're safe in Italy? Think again. You aren't far from anarchy.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
There are only 3 countries I would consider living in. The US, Canada and Germany. Italy wold be the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies