Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

This is getting ridiculous. YOu act as though half the boy scouts are "struggling with their sexuality" or half the leaders are gay. They simply said the boy scouts isn't the place to be dealing with that type of thing. If your struggling with your heterosexual sexuality it isn't the place to address it either. Like I said before let the dam kids alone. Go camp, dig up rocks, earn your badges, shoot a bow, catch some fish whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's a cop-out because it doesn't suit your wishes. Too bad for you. The BSA identifies themselves as a religious organization. Are you now seeking to re-identify them to suit what works for you?

Your other point about snake handling has no connection.

Nope. Still a cop-out. The Boy Scouts is not a "religious organization." You don't go to Scouts to go to church and learn about God.

Again, they require a belief in SOMETHING, but do not preach what that one true something is. The snake thing shows the absurdity of viewing religious beliefs as rational basis for discrimination.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
No. Its not "tough". If they are going to be so discriminating against gay men, not to mention all the youngsters who may be struggling with their sexuality in the organization, then they better be ready for the backlash. A struggle like this never ends.
Why don't you go get some sleep and get yourself some perspective?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This is getting ridiculous. YOu act as though half the boy scouts are "struggling with their sexuality" or half the leaders are gay. They simply said the boy scouts isn't the place to be dealing with that type of thing. If your struggling with your heterosexual sexuality it isn't the place to address it either. Like I said before let the dam kids alone. Go camp, dig up rocks, earn your badges, shoot a bow, catch some fish whatever.
Unless if you are gay. Then you are not allowed.

And I never insinuated that half of the boy scouts are struggling with their sexuality. I would gander that about 5% of them are though. They shouldn't be made to feel like they are inferior to their peers.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I agree. Liberals try to ruin everything: Augusta National, Boy Scouts, Women priests. This is precisely reason why Democratic administrations are so awful, because they whine about this dumb stuff rather than focusing on things like the poor, education, fiscal sanity, job growth, it's always about transgender bathrooms, boy scouts, how sexist it is that women can't use the men's locker room, fuming over Augusta National, how much rich people make, etc. Misplaced anger IMO.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Unless if you are gay. Then you are not allowed.

And I never insinuated that half of the boy scouts are struggling with their sexuality. I would gander that about 5% of them are though. They shouldn't be made to feel like they are inferior to their peers.
They're not inferior, they're simply asked to not to deal with their sexuality in the context of scout activities. Is that so hard for you to grasp?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why don't you go get some sleep and get yourself some perspective?
Because it is 5:15 pm? And I just had coffee.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:

The only ones making homosexuality an issue in the Scouts are those who attempt to "weed out" the gay Scoutmasters and Scouts themselves.

Someone being gay is just a part of someone's being. Like having blonde hair. Yet we'd find it patently ridiculous to discriminate against blondes in the Scouts, no matter how many Holy books and angels and demons say being blonde is baaaaaad.

In the end, of course, they are a private organization and can do what they want. And, like the Republican Party or conservtive religious sects, no self respecting gay person should attempt to associate with groups that wallow in ignorance and outward hatred towards them.

And the Boy Scouts also must realize that they will be targeted by those who disagree with their policies. Again, the decline in membership and increasing irrelevance of the organization over the years speaks volumes.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
In the end, of course, they are a private organization and can do what they want. And, like the Republican Party or conservtive religious sects, no self respecting gay person should attempt to associate with groups that wallow in ignorance and outward hatred towards them.
That's insulting.

I have not heard one single conservative or Republican say they hate gay people.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
There you go with the equivocation. Boy Scouts are aged 11-18, not "little boys", and don't try to tell me that homosexual men are not completely obsessed with boys in that age range.
Homosexual men are not completely obsessed with boys in that age range.

(That's not to say that, just as you have heterosexual men in certain social circles say things along the lines of 'Yeah, she's a hot little number...too bad she's jailbait', you may have homosexual men saying the same sorts of things. But BFD. If an adolescent male is not gay, he ought to know how to turn down unwanted advances. I certainly did.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies