Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
On the national level, no, but I never faced more discrimination for being Jewish than I did through 4H related programming. I stuck it out, because I'm never one to go down without a fight, but the fact that we were all forced to participate in religious services every day of 4H Camp was horrific.

Girl Scouts, on the other hand, were great. Individual troops vary but we were encouraged to be whoever we were in a very real way.
I was involved in 4H from the time I was 9 years old until I was 18, I was a county all star, wen to state and national conventions, was an Animal Ambassador and state officer and never ONCE did I participate in any religious services. Not once. I'm a very staunch Atheist and think I would have noticed.

Your 4H group must have been one of the odd ones out, because I've NEVER heard of a 4H group including religion or religious services in anything they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 09:38 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Chicken boycott going well. Figured out that a Chick fil-a sandwich is just a McDonalds chicken fillet with a pickle on it. Obtained jar of pickles from grocery store on sale.

How's the Target/Starbucks/JCPenney/Microsoft/Apple/Google boycott going?
They put butter on it too. Very good simple food..

Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times
Boy Scouts is a private organization. They can do whatever the heck they want. At least they arent being swayed by certain organizations such as the gay ones.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What difference does that make? You said that the organization wasn't religious, I showed proof otherwise. A simple Google search should help clear up your confusion.

This is also demonstrated by the fact that to become an Eagle rank Scout you must earn a religion merit badge . It doesn't mater which one if you are Jewish, Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Budhist or even Taoist. You have to get one of these merit badges or you never become an Eagle Scout no mater how many merit badges you place on your uniform sash. The badges tell a scouts religious creed by the specific badge earned a simple cross for Protestants, the Papal crossed keys for Catholics, the Orthodox rite cross for a Russian Orthodox scout, Star of David (Jewish), the Crescent and Star(Islam) , the Emperor's Chrysmthmun for Shinto. Being reverent and worshipping according to your belifs with the exception of none was viewed by Lord Baden Powell are being essential for a scout to make the transition from boyhood to manhood. Remember a Boy Scout is Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent!

As for me I got up to Star Rank (5-9 merit badges including at least one required for Eagle Rank). before my family went to Africa were there was no scouts for me to join.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
This is also demonstrated by the fact that to become an Eagle rank Scout you must earn a religion merit badge . It doesn't mater which one if you are Jewish, Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Budhist or even Taoist. You have to get one of these merit badges or you never become an Eagle Scout no mater how many merit badges you place on your uniform sash. The badges tell a scouts religious creed by the specific badge earned a simple cross for Protestants, the Papal crossed keys for Catholics, the Orthodox rite cross for a Russian Orthodox scout, Star of David (Jewish), the Crescent and Star(Islam) , the Emperor's Chrysmthmun for Shinto. Being reverent and worshipping according to your belifs with the exception of none was viewed by Lord Baden Powell are being essential for a scout to make the transition from boyhood to manhood. Remember a Boy Scout is Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent!

As for me I got up to Star Rank (5-9 merit badges including at least one required for Eagle Rank). before my family went to Africa were there was no scouts for me to join.
Probably have to get a transgender badge, diversity badge, tolerance badge and of course a not fair badge if they get their way.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Probably have to get a transgender badge, diversity badge, tolerance badge and of course a not fair badge if they get their way.

You can rule out a transgenter or similar badges because the CLEAN in the Scout Creed refers to Mind body and Spirit. Most normal Americas, view deviant sex as lets not mince words its SODOMY! A crime against nature and a manifestation of ungodliness and wickedness!.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You can rule out a transgenter or similar badges because the CLEAN in the Scout Creed refers to Mind body and Spirit. Most normal Americas, view deviant sex as lets not mince words its SODOMY! A crime against nature and a manifestation of ungodliness and wickedness!.
Ungodliness and wickedness can be fun!

Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 AM

684 posts, read 1,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I think it's immoral to teach a homosexual 12 year old that the natural urges that he is having are sinful and will send him straight to hell.
Oh, they aren't teaching the boy that he is a sinner and going to hell. Hopefully, he'll learn the truly important lesson: the Boy Scouts is an organization to avoid, like the KKK and Aryan Nation.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well you certainly won't earn a tolerance badge....

Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
Oh, they aren't teaching the boy that he is a sinner and going to hell. Hopefully, he'll learn the truly important lesson: the Boy Scouts is an organization to avoid, like the KKK and Aryan Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies