Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,400,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And? Just WHAT did they say?

My opinion is your opinion is nothing but a baseless, self-Righteous whine.

BTW, if you really want to paint all liberals by the actions of entertainers I guess you must also assume all conservatines are drug abusing hypocrites like Rush, eh?
Liberals thought these were jokes and defended them as such unless the jokester treaded in the way of the obama kids or michelle then not so funny....
These "jokes" hurt ALL WOMEN not just the target ones.
Ok because I have a minute to do your memory refresh and research.
Letterman...........
not the 14-year-old daughter who actually accompanied Palin on her New York trip. Letterman said "I recognize that these are ugly" jokes. NOW agrees. Comedians in search of a laugh should really know better than to snicker about men having sex with teenage girls (or young women) less than half their age.

Letterman "Jokes" About Palin's Daughter

Sandra Bernhard issues 'gang rape' warning to Sarah Palin

Sandra Bernhard issues 'gang rape' warning to Sarah Palin - New York Daily News

Jamie Foxx: Miley Cyrus should 'make a sex tape
'The 41-year-old Oscar winner tore into the 16-year-old "Hannah Montana" star on his Sirius satellite raadio show The Foxxhole on Sunday, saying that she should make a sex tape, take drugs and catch a venereal disease.
Jamie Foxx: Miley Cyrus should 'make a sex tape' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,732 posts, read 6,762,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Did you not understand what I said?
What was not to understand?? Apparently you didn't understand my question.

20,054 posts, read 18,233,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Ding!!! Ding!!! Ding!!! Sperm banks!!! Anonymous donors!!!! No shortage there!!!!
My friend (who shall remain anonymous) is a veteran sperm donor (under the table so to speak). I can tell you some interesting stories. Basically, the jist is that most recipients go the under the table route because they cannot afford the sperm donations from a bank or believe they are too expensive and want to save a few thousand. Unfortunately, the under the table route yields a problem for many guys also because the guys are afraid they will be chased after for child support even with a contract (since courts don't always recognize them). So, the women are back to square one. No willing males to offer sperm. The only compromise is to let my friend inseminate them "naturally". My friend has stated that few guys are willing to give sperm artificially with such a high risk. They want s*x in return. So, in reality, the woman has few choices if she wants to circumvent a guy. But, you can thank lawyers for that problem.

In the end, you still need a guy to say "I'll let you become pregnant" to become pregnant. No one has disproved that, but I did attract a lot of h8rs.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
What was not to understand?? Apparently you didn't understand my question.
Can you expand on your question and I will answer it. Thanks very much, ma'am.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,978,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Isn't it typical that SOME have to back 100 years and get their view on women from a French aristocrat.... I wonder why they can't see the significance....gee, do ya think they might be stupid???
Yes, and inadequate......... losers that can't attract modern women and/or can't compete with modern men to get one.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, and inadequate......... losers that can't attract modern women and/or can't compete with modern men to get one.
Ah, the peer pressure crew is here early, only the 4th page even.

Since most American marriages end in divorce, why would anyone want to "compete" with metrosexual wimps who end up getting the girl but have to succumb to her materialistic desires?

Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,413,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Anyone who believes they are superior to the opposite sex only demonstrates that they, personally, are inferior. Being better at some things is not the same as being superior which would be better in all things.

Just a thought.
By jove, you win the prize for The Only Intelligent Post On This Thread So Far!

I like men. I think they are much maligned. I prefer having one in my life - a helpmate, a confidante, a passionate lover, a best friend.

As a strong, intelligent woman, I looked for a mate whose skill set would complement mine, and I found that mate. I am confident enough to acknowledge and accept that I have inborn weaknesses as well as strengths.

When I decided to choose a mate, I looked for a strong and yet gentle man - one who was respectful of women and simultaneously chivalrous, one who was protective without being condescending, one who admired me without feeling competitive with me. I wanted an alpha male - in the best sense of the phrase. But if you want a man like that, you won't get one by being a defensive, bitter woman.

I got one - and I don't mind cooking him dinner and giving him a foot massage, not after all he does for me especially. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Men and women ARE different, and those differences are what make things interesting.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
My friend (who shall remain anonymous) is a veteran sperm donor (under the table so to speak). I can tell you some interesting stories. Basically, the jist is that most recipients go the under the table route because they cannot afford the sperm donations or believe they are too expensive and want to save a few thousand. Unfortunately, the under the table route yields a problem for many guys also because the guys are afraid they will be chased after for child support even with a contract (since courts don't always recognize them). So, the women are back to square one. No willing males to offer sperm.
A veteran sperm donor?? Did he think his DNA was so incredible or did he just do it for the money?

Men have the choice of being "open donors" or "known donors" or being anonymous. I think men who want to be open donors or known donors just want someone to know how generous they are and take some kind of satisfaction in "spreading his seed". The majority of men and women - married or single - that turn to sperm donation actually don't want to know who the donor is because it isn't about the donor.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
A veteran sperm donor?? Did he think his DNA was so incredible or did he just do it for the money?
Did it for the s*x. He refused artificial insemination. He used "various methods" to avoid any possible child support issues down the road. He paid for his own travel to get to the recipient's place. I'd prefer avoiding discussion about those methods.

Quote:
Men have the choice of being "open donors" or "known donors" or being anonymous. I think men who want to be open donors or known donors just want someone to know how generous they are and take some kind of satisfaction in "spreading his seed". The majority of men and women - married or single - that turn to sperm donation actually don't want to know who the donor is because it isn't about the donor.
Quite correct. In the end, this still doesn't change the fact that a willing male has to allow for pregnancy to occur.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
In the end, you still need a guy to say "I'll let you become pregnant" to become pregnant.
(Twins)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies