Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:36 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,425,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Every American claiming to be concerned about the economy should care about the bill. It's a pretty straightforward bill that will have a positive affect. I find it pathetic that not one right winger on this thread is not even a tiny bit embarassed to openly support the demise of the bill by the GOP. How deep can blind and dumbed down partisanship go? The GOP counts on this completely idiotic base. Fools!
Just because you say it is a good bill does not make it a good bill. The bill will absolutly increase expenses for American companies. In an economic climate such as we have, that can and will be the deathnell to many companies.

My question to you is, would you rather these companies not exist putting more Americans out of work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,700,251 times
Quote:
Republicans block Bring Jobs Home Act in Congress | The Stand

Bring Jobs Home Act (S. 3364) - GovTrack.us

Would anyone care to explain again how the GOP is planning to help the middle class.
It's pathetic journalism to post a stories like this, and not bother to interview Republicans to find out why they voted it down. I could not find a story where anyone showed the initiative to interview a Republican. On the other hand, I saw plenty of quotes from democrat supporters of the bill, so the stories are very one sided.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,175,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Just because you say it is a good bill does not make it a good bill. The bill will absolutly increase expenses for American companies. In an economic climate such as we have, that can and will be the deathnell to many companies.

My question to you is, would you rather these companies not exist putting more Americans out of work?
...and my question to you is...wth are you talking about?

The bill gives the incentive for companies to come back or not to leave at all and the companies that do leave, do not get to write off their outsourcing expenses on the American taxpayer's dime. You're creating a strawman out of a very straightforward idea. Funny thing is, even your strawman does not add up.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,175,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's pathetic journalism to post a stories like this, and not bother to interview Republicans to find out why they voted it down. I could not find a story where anyone showed the initiative to interview a Republican. On the other hand, I saw plenty of quotes from democrat supporters of the bill, so the stories are very one sided.
Interview Republicans? For what? Every bill passed by Congress is online for all to view. The do nothing, obstructionist GOP has not focused on jobs for the fear of passing something that might make Obama's Presidency look good. Most people are onto their BS. Go ahead find a jobs bill that is an actual jobs bill. Denying the facts in the link is just that...denial. The GOP has done zip, nada, zero, bupkis to create any jobs.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times
The bill was not put up for a vote..it's still in committee.
What was brought up was the proposal that the bill be brought up for a vote.

Deflection by the Dems because they didn't want to vote on the Obamacare repeal.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times
Quote:
Interview Republicans? For what? Every bill passed by Congress is online for all to view. The do nothing, obstructionist GOP has not focused on jobs for the fear of passing something that might make Obama's Presidency look good. Most people are onto their BS. Go ahead find a jobs bill that is an actual jobs bill. Denying the facts in the link is just that...denial. The GOP has done zip, nada, zero, bupkis to create any jobs.
Do you have any idea who that bill impacts ?
Do you know what those "tax benefits for offshoring" are and how long they've been in place ? I'll give you a hint..there's 2 of them.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,528,417 times
The *******s here fall for anything. The OP couldn't tell us, specifically, what this bill is if his life depended on it. All he knows are his talking points delivered to him by leftwing kook sites.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,170,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Exactly. That was precisely the point I made in Post #3. Do liberals care about quality of information? Absolutely not. I wish we could get a little more intellectual depth from the liberal left on this forum. It's unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Anyone care to look further and explain WHY they voted to block consideration? Just saying the GOP voted to block the bill without detailing why is **** poor journalism, and indicative of liberal gerrymandering in order to make Republicans look bad. At least two liberals on this forum fell for it. How many more will pile on?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,271,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly. That was precisely the point I made in Post #3. Do liberals care about quality of information? Absolutely not. I wish we could get a little more intellectual depth from the liberal left on this forum. It's unfortunate.
You sir are the one with no intellectual depth. Your Confirmation Biased posts reflect that daily. Always with the degrading and villification talk about liberals. Why should any try to debate with someone that acts like this? You just keep beating dead horses.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,580,993 times
Way to go Ed---perfectly stated as always.

Businenesses don't need incentives to bring jobs back from overseas; if the Dems were really interested in bringing jobs back from overseas, they'd put a muzzle on the their top three constituencies (trial lawyers/environmentalists/unions) and get rid of the 'made in America provisions' that they're so fond of which only kill more jobs, and let the job creators create them without interfering.

But that's impossible for Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Schultz and all the rest of them to comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies