Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times

Advertisements

THe op has no idea what he's talking about but that doesn't stop a leftie. Matter of fact, it's their modus operandi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 12:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Naming a bad bill the "bring jobs home act" does not in fact mean that it will in fact bring.... jobs home...
Well, have mercy, because not everyone on C-D has an IQ over 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Tax Cuts and dismantling Medicare do not a jobs bill make.
You don't know that for a fact.

How does taking money from people to fund Medicare create jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Would anyone care to explain again how the GOP is planning to help the middle class.
So, what, the Middle Class is lazy and pathetic and can't do anything without someone holding their hand?

Quote:
Every American claiming to be concerned about the economy should care about the bill.
I'm concerned about the economy, but I don't give a damn about the bill.

Quote:
It's a pretty straightforward bill that will have a positive affect.
Talk is cheap. Prove it. I'll give you an head-start. You let your economic acumen take it from there.

US Made Product Price $48 - Total Cost of US Made Product $45 = $3 Net Profit
Overseas Made Product Price $4 - Total Cost of Overseas Made Product $1 = $3 Net Profit.

Get it?

312 Million Americans can afford to pay $48.

ZERO people globally can afford to pay $48, but 6.6 Billion people can afford to pay $4.

Get it now?

Can you explain to everyone how someone making $200/month can afford to buy American made products?

I smell the stench of ******* Hypocrisy.

Why do you hate those people? Why don't you want those people to have a standard of living like you do? Why you want to deny those people the things you have? Did they do something to offend you? What kind of cruel sick pathetic puke would wave high cost American products in the face of the world's poor, taunting and teasing those people because they cannot afford to buy them?

Apparently a ******* would do that.

The only way people in the rest of the world can buy things, is if they are not made in the US.

As a corporation, if I'm making a $3 Net Profit and selling to 6.6 Billion people, why in the hell would I want to limit my sales to just 312 Million people?

Quote:
So, according to your logic, the GOP is blocking the bill to stop the employment of undocumented workers. Yeah, that makes so much sense.
What undocumented workers?

Obama just waved the magic wand and turned 800,000 illegals into good law-abiding citizens.

Quote:
Give examples of how Obama is anti-business...
Obamacare and tons of regulations. In addition to being anti-business, Obama is not pro-choice either, because he's forcing Americans to buy something they don't necessarily want or need.

I guess pro-choice only applies to killing babies and not to health care.

Quote:
... and then follow up with what the GOP has done to create jobs...
Government cannot create jobs, it can only influence the flow of Capital. To make matters even worse, you cannot create jobs were none can be created.

Quote:
...but giving tax breaks to companies that move or outsource jobs is beneficial to the citizens of this country?
Outsource? Outsourcing is when you fire your janitorial and cleaning crew, and you contract a company like Janitor-in-a-Drum to do it. Outsourcing is when you fire your payroll and accounting department and hire ADP to do it. Outsourcing is when you fire your maintenance staff and contract EMI to do it. Outsourcing is when you shut down your distribution and transport facility, and you contract another company to operate your warehouse for you, and you hire independent truck drivers under contract, instead of having money-sucking union truck drivers on your payroll.

It would appear you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
...and my question to you is...wth are you talking about?
I could ask the same question of you, given that you cannot distinguish between outsourcing and off-shoring.

Quote:
The bill gives the incentive for companies to come back or not to leave at all.....
$48 sale price - $45 total cost = $3 Net Profit * 312 Million potential consumers = $936 Million in potential profits

.....or.....

$4 sale price - $1 total cost = $3 Net Profit * 6.6 Billion potential consumers = $19.8 Billion in potential profits.

And you're offering what, a measly 20% hahahahaha are freaking kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! How about when Obama blocked the Keystone Pipleline and NONE of the details of why were discussed by the Republipunks on this site.
I'm not a "Republipunk" but I am an ultra-conservative and I explained in clear concise details why the pipeline was of no value to the US, and that not approving it was the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
A secondary reason is that the GOP really has no interest in actually returning those jobs to America.
$48 sale price - $45 total cost = $3 Net Profit * 312 Million potential consumers = $936 Million in potential profits

.....or.....

$4 sale price - $1 total cost = $3 Net Profit * 6.6 Billion potential consumers = $19.8 Billion in potential profits.

Hello?......Bueller?......Bueller?.....why would jobs return to America?

You should enroll in some economics courses at your local university so you can get a grip.

The world is changing. You cannot stop it from changing. You are in a global economy, whether you like it or not, whether you want to be in it or not and there's nothing you can do about that.

You created a situation through really bad foreign policy that gave you a distinct advantage over everyone else, mainly by raping, robbing and stealing the wealth and resources of other countries, while simultaneously oppressing the people and interfering in their political, economic and social growth.

In plain English, you violated the Laws of Economics, and those laws can never be violated without paying some sort of penalty. The world is just working its way out through the Laws of Economics. Capital is being shifted from the most inefficient and most useless --- the US -- to the most efficient and most worthy -- the rest of the world.

Another way of looking at it is that the world is moving to that point where it always would have been, if the US had not interfered.

You will not be physically harmed by this, although your life-style, your quality of life and your standard of living, which are absurd and grotesque, will be reduced to a more equal level in relation to the rest of the world.

You should be thrilled about that.

You should be thrilled that the countries you oppressed are throwing off their yokes and becoming more affluent, which will result in lower birth rates, more stable governments and eventually peace, or at least the absence of conflict.

So, just sit back and watch it all happen over the next 30-50 years, because you can't do anything about it, and any attempt to interfere will only result in further hardship, discomfort and pain for you.

Thrilled...

Mircea

Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Care to explain why you don't even read what your are posting about?

From your first link,
Did you look up H.R.5542?

Full Text of H.R. 5542: Bring Jobs Home Act - GovTrack.us

I have a friend of mine who has his own business, and his tax attorney took a look at it and his comment was, it's ridiculous and useless.

After reading for myself, I have to agree, it's so convoluted that it appears to accomplish nothing.

You have to have a written plan, and if the expenses are incurred in connection with on-going operation of the business unit, are not included. Really? Would not part of the expenses for the on going business unit, be incurred as a part of the written plan to in-source.
Conversely, why should normal operating expenses be allowed to be included in a deduction. Operations are not directly related to programming expenses, which in this case are implementation of an on-shoring plan.

I can possibly see that a 20% break for on-shoring may not be that effective. However, for the life of me I cannot see how ANY working American could object to removing the tax rewards for off-shoring. Why is anyone fighting that part of the bill?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:20 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times
The real problem is the intentional deceit intended to appeal to a short attention span electorate. these bills rarely reflect the contents in the title. Otherwise the expectation of activists and legislators like Pelosi is to load a bill with all sort of poison and advance their cause by wailing about an empathetic title.

The, 'save speckled puppy bill', was rejected because it also made eating pizza illegal. the title is then used as a club to beat those who rejected saving speckled puppies.

This strategy has evolved to reflect the lack of intelligence of the targeted audience. The op is a perfect example.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Conversely, why should normal operating expenses be allowed to be included in a deduction. Operations are not directly related to programming expenses, which in this case are implementation of an on-shoring plan.

I can possibly see that a 20% break for on-shoring may not be that effective. However, for the life of me I cannot see how ANY working American could object to removing the tax rewards for off-shoring. Why is anyone fighting that part of the bill?
There was no fight. There was no vote.
The bill is still in committee.

What happened is that the Dems proposed bringing this bill up for a vote and the Repubs said no. They said no to the proposal, not the bill. The Dems did not want the repeal of Obamacare bill to come up for a vote and wanted this "jobs bill" to take it's place on the floor.

Same thing happened last week. The Repubs asked that the vote for extending the Obama cuts be brought up and Reid said no, they were busy working on a jobs bill and would not vote on it.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 PM

640 posts, read 717,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Probably because it was a Democrat power grab to grow government again or a new tax.

Don't go by the name. Democrats love to name things what they are not.

Save our children's education bill (which could actually be a slush fund for the DNC)

Don't buy the BS. This is typical Democrat play book stuff. 50 years old at least.
^^this

On the surface this is a good bill. However, it does nothing to address the competitive tariffs of which this country is so desperately in need.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Mr. Mon;25243643]Conversely, why should normal operating expenses be allowed to be included in a deduction. Operations are not directly related to programming expenses, which in this case are implementation of an on-shoring plan.

...and that is the million dollar question. We already know that the GOP is in the pockets of lobbyists and corporate interests, but why would the average American defend blocking this bill?????

Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
...and that is the million dollar question. We already know that the GOP is in the pockets of lobbyists and corporate interests, but why would the average American defend blocking this bill?????
Gimme a break. You honestly think the Dems haven't been suckered in and are beholden to banks and big business ?

Both parties are and that's why they don't care who gets elected.
In 2008 Wall Street gave their money to Obama, now it's to Romney.
They don't care which party is in office because they are both bought off.

People need to start taking the attitude of us vs them, the people vs political parties rather than D vs R which does no American any good.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
THe op has no idea what he's talking about but that doesn't stop a leftie. Matter of fact, it's their modus operandi.
What an intelligent post that so eloquently debates the topic of the thread. Are you twelve?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:01 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times
Quote:
Republicans block Bring Jobs Home Act in Congress | The Stand

Bring Jobs Home Act (S. 3364) - GovTrack.us

Would anyone care to explain again how the GOP is planning to help the middle class.
Did you actually read your own link? During debate on the bill to repeal the ACA, some democrats tried to divert the debate by bringing forth this bill, which is still in committee. The vote was simply to not bring it to the floor yet. No one voted against or for the actual bill. The House Ways & Means Committee has not yet reported on the bill, so the house can't be expected to be ready to vote on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies