Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times

Advertisements

Voters in swing states won't care about the bill. They're still concerned with firms in Obama's 401k that offshore business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 03:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Voters in swing states won't care about the bill. They're still concerned with firms in Obama's 401k that offshore business.
Every American claiming to be concerned about the economy should care about the bill. It's a pretty straightforward bill that will have a positive affect. I find it pathetic that not one right winger on this thread is not even a tiny bit embarassed to openly support the demise of the bill by the GOP. How deep can blind and dumbed down partisanship go? The GOP counts on this completely idiotic base. Fools!

Old 07-18-2012, 03:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Every American claiming to be concerned about the economy should care about the bill. It's a pretty straightforward bill that will have a positive affect. I find it pathetic that not one right winger on this thread is not even a tiny bit embarassed to openly support the demise of the bill by the GOP. How deep can blind and dumbed down partisanship go? The GOP counts on this completely idiotic base. Fools!
What did the idiots attach to the bill? In my experience they use a good bill to piggy back a lot of bad.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
What is all the hoopla about ?

Both the Senate/House versions were introduced back in May and are still in committee.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
We as a collective nation need to stop blaming who we voted for. We need to take back the country and put people to work for us in Congress etc that realize they work for us. Its not a Dem vs Pub issue, its retards that keep voting party lines. Vote people in that can honestly change the way business as usual has been done for too long.
Dont vote for a slogan, "ie " Hope and Change" "Bet on America" blah blah. Vet and vote for people that can and have worked hard to fix problems simlar to our problems.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What did the idiots attach to the bill? In my experience they use a good bill to piggy back a lot of bad.
Both versions (Senate and House) are still in committee.

There was no vote on this. The vote reported in the OP's link is a vote on the repeal of Obamacare.

You guys got suckered !

Old 07-18-2012, 04:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I'm glad you bothered to read that after the fact, but gerrymandering is pretty specific to elections. It makes no sense in the context you're using.
Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How's that? You can't claim that reporters have manipulated truth and then say that the actual text has zero to do with your assertions. How do you know truth was manipulated when you refuse to read the text and learn the truth?
Gerrymandering is NOT specific to elections. That's simply the only time you ever hear it used.

Get back to me when you've done your homework.

The rest of your post is rubbish. I challenge you to show me how ME reading the text of the bill actually explains WHY the GOP voted to block consideration.

You really need to think deeper. Alot deeper.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Full Text of S. 3364: Bring Jobs Home Act - GovTrack.us

Old 07-18-2012, 04:35 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Democrats want to give what jobs there are here to illegal immigrants for the hispanic and future Democrat votes. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are hurting American job opportunities. Wasn't it Clinton (the Democrat) that signed NAFTA and or CAFTA? Pot, kettle, black.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Democrats want to give what jobs there are here to illegal immigrants for the hispanic and future Democrat votes. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are hurting American job opportunities. Pot, kettle, black.
So, according to your logic, the GOP is blocking the bill to stop the employment of undocumented workers. Yeah, that makes so much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies