Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 04:02 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times

Advertisements

Democrats starting a legislative push to get Romney to release his tax returns « Hot Air

Wow, just wow. Is this really the same bunch the scoffed at the idea of Holder releasing info on Fast/Furious, you know something a bit more important?

The same Democrats who God knows when the last time they passed a budget.

Quote:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you read that correctly. Gone are the days when the United States Congress focused their business on Constitutional, nationally-relevant issues, like — oh, I don’t know — passing a budget. It appears that, while those gosh darn obstructionist Republicans with all of their useless show votes and filibusters are the malicious harbingers of utter partisanship, the Democrats are now dedicating their legislative efforts to supporting the Obama campaign’s petty fits of populist whimsy. Last week, on the heels of all of these “Bain Capital offshored jobs, the horror!” attacks, the Democrats latched on to the Olympic-uniform controversy and proposed the unbelievably protectionist-pandering “The Team USA Made in America Act of 2012.” (Shakin’ my head, friends… shakin’ my head.) Now, they’re aiming to use Congress’s powers to force Mitt Romney to comply with Team Obama’s free enterprise-demonizing, muckraking, distraction-oriented tantrums?

Liberalism is a severe mental disorder that is attempting to destroy this country.

Any person that voted to keep Reid in office, deserves to be slapped in the face and shipped off to some far distant planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 04:04 PM

And we all know this wont pass. There are plenty of Democrats and Republicans that dont want their tax returns out there. And really, what does it have to do with anything relevant to running for POTUS? It doesnt. Its all about their class warfare bs.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
I said it before and I'll say it again if you are running for the most powerful elected position in the history of the human race then nothing should be off the table. That being stated an ammendment needs to be bandied about on cleaning up the requirements.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Like children running around at recess.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again if you are running for the most powerful elected position in the history of the human race then nothing should be off the table. That being stated an ammendment needs to be bandied about on cleaning up the requirements.
Ok, then they better include a birth certificate thats been inspected and college records if they are going to play this game.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Ok, then they better include a birth certificate thats been inspected and college records if they are going to play this game.
That and a whole lot of other things.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:15 PM

That is after all what it is to them..........a game. Anything to deflect attention away from the mess they've created in this country. I don't think all the games they can even conjur up will be enough though. I see a landslide coming and so do they.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:15 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

Liberalism is a severe mental disorder that is attempting to destroy this country.

Any person that voted to keep Reid in office, deserves to be slapped in the face and shipped off to some far distant planet.
Cool story bro, maybe put up candidates who ARENT Sharon Angle, teabaggers have only themselves to blame. I do think this is a nutty thing for the Dems to do though. If someone goofy like Howard Stern wants to say he's running for president, would he have to release his tax returns?

Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Cool story bro, maybe put up candidates who ARENT Sharon Angle, teabaggers have only themselves to blame. I do think this is a nutty thing for the Dems to do though. If someone goofy like Howard Stern wants to say he's running for president, would he have to release his tax returns?
You go down this road, then you better expand the list of what's released. Get it now? You want to REALLY know about someone, then let's play that game. Let's get, oh I dont know, Obama's college records and how he paid for it.

Perhaps Obama should even have to testify on his being mentored by an effing Communist.

You really want to go down this road?

A person with half a brain wouldve been better than Reid. Reid is a complete and utter moron.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM

Nah Reid is just playing the game. He knows it will never get passed for the very reason you mentioned. Hell if they have to the dems would vote it down and of course the MSM would hide the entire story for em. Republicans should call their bluff and ask for the very things you mentioned. Let the games begin so to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies