Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 AM

659 posts, read 1,371,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget72 View Post
Bolton is terriffic. He's tough, smart, assertive, well informed and not afraid to speak his mind. This country can never have enough of men and women like him.

This is another example of where the left has it all a@@ backwards (again). They hate him for all of the reasons stated above so they try to paint him as a radical extremist, which he is not. He's simply a brilliant guy whose perspective is an enormous asset to this country as wells as to the world.
Thats not how he is seen over here (UK).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
of course i can only give you my opinion,we are currently at war with Iran in Iraq, but we are pretending, that nobody knows that the neighbor mans been sneeking over and messin with the wife! we dont need an invasion, war or insurgence. " does any one really believe that we could not end (win) the war in Iraq in a week if we wanted to?" we have been ***** footing all over the desert trying to fight a politically correct war which is exactly why we need people like Bolton and why he is no longer ambassador.Just too politically incorrect! We have lost so much credibility , because all we do is talk talk talk , when we do draw a line in the sand, and they cross it we just draw another line!
The Brits have announced today that anther 1000 sopldiers are on their way home, few here in the military agree with your appraisal silas.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I can answer that, if I may. We don't NEED another war. Nobody wants that. But more than not wanting another war, we cannot allow Iran to develop nukes. They have already stated that their intention is to wipe Israel (our greatest ally in the Middle East) off the map. A nuke in the hands of a madman like Ahmadenijad is too great a threat for us and our allies. That is why France is even on board with us in saying that we cannot tolerate a nuclear Iran.
Pity the US did not stop Israel developing Nuclear weapons, it must be clear to everybody this is the root cause.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:51 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,540,014 times
What the west cannot tolerate is another supplier in the international market for nuclear power reactor fuel components and recycling. The US and France do not want the competition

Besides all the Iranian crazy has to do is wait awhile and Israel will be smothered by the vast numbers of Palestinians that are justifiably ticked off with the Israeli government.

PS – Bolton is a true neocon believer and a fool.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,111,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famenity View Post
Pity the US did not stop Israel developing Nuclear weapons, it must be clear to everybody this is the root cause.
I agree with you completely. If they had never developed nuclear weapons they would have been put out of existence by now, and the problems in the Middle East, and they would still exist, would be caused by something else.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Thankfully for the United States and the world, we in the United States are about to have a regime change and not a moment too soon!

Funny, most of those problems in the Middle East that are of our making won't go away if we stick our heads in the sand nor will they go away with further military engagement. At some point the United States personnel have to return HOME to the United States, those in the Middle East actually live there and will continue to carry on as they will whether we are there or not.

Continual poking of the bees nest with a stick will accomplish what? The alternative is to what... kill ALL the bees for doing what exactly to the United States?

Damn those Arabs for living on top our oil and not throwing flowers at us when we saved them, well those that are still alive that is.
As a European, this perspective I would say, is a most reasonable post.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:

PS: Where are the guts of our men in America these days? I guess that's a whole other thread I'll post someday.
How sad that you do not see the irony of your remark, bridget.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Ummm, I cannot really take the time to explain international diplomacy right here and now, but.... I will tell you that it is quite signifigant that France is on our side after they were not with us on Iraq. It has to do with presenting a united allied front... You know the same way the left held it against the right that France, our ally, was NOT with us on Iraq?!! Remember? You can't have it both ways.
I doubt that the people of France are any more with you than the people of the UK were before the Iraqi debacle.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM

Have to say reading some of these posts gives one hope for mankind, an example of which I copy below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You mischaracterize me entirely, silas. Your gun-in-the-face solution breeds exactly the experience you describe in an endless self-perpetuating cycle of violence. Intimidation is for weaklings who don't know strength doesn't require physical might or weaponry. I have disarmed (figuratively) many people who intimidated me by standing tall and not playing that game. All your strength is in the gun, leaving you a weak individual. And what peace is there in fear? What part of fear brings peace? Why would any rational individual create that scenario when there are better options? If you're going to resort to guns, be prepared to experience both sides of the barrel.

I don't whimsically ascribe anti-American labels to people who don't agree with me. Yet, you blame me for the fall of our country as if it's already happened! You choose to employ fear as a weapon, not realizing it's already in your own heart. Your enemies do exactly what you are doing: they are using intimidation and you're playing along with it. If any line of thinking emboldens the enemy, it's your "I'm convinced they're gonna kill us!" attitude. YOU empower THEM by believing it. Who's gonna win this stupid battle and where does it stop? Most importantly, is this the best way to solve this problem?

If you ever stopped to think that you actually have a choice in the matter, you'd understand where I am coming from. You are being used as a pawn to continue a losing game, as are most people who fall into this us vs. them mentality.
Well said mhouse.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I agree with you completely. If they had never developed nuclear weapons they would have been put out of existence by now, and the problems in the Middle East, and they would still exist, would be caused by something else.
How about, if they had got on with their neighbours things would have been better. This is the trouble with sorting out other peoples futures, and thats what the West did after the war.

Bet no one thought all this trouble would occur from those descisions, planners? were they good ones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies