Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You Attend the Olympics If You Were Given the Option to Attend?
Yes 28 62.22%
No 16 35.56%
Not sure 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Haha the first thing he told the truth on and you shoot it down.
It's called finesse....knowing when to open your mouth and having the smarts to know when to keep your mouth shut. Why is that confusing to you. Insulting a country when you're trying to look presidential is not exactly a bright idea You laugh at the previous post but I highly doubt Romney is laughing right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
PS- If my neighbor's house was a dump, I would tell him so and demand that he clean it up. If they were elderly or infirm, as was a gent who lived next door to us 20 years ago, I would clean up, paint and repair his house myself. When was the last time you ever saw a liberal doing that? NEVER! Never ask a liberal to do any work to correct any problems of society. Their "job", as they see it, is to sit back, complain, and "protest", while doing nothing to help anyone else. It is more fun to complain than to work- just ask the people in the "occupy movement". you can be applauded at liberal cocktail parties for protesting, but I am sure that you would be shunned for volunteering at a soup kitchen.

Liberalism is a mental disorder- it is depression, or self hate, manifest on a macro scale. The practice of liberalism on a micro scale, when analyzed, is clearly lunacy, even to liberals themselves.

Uh...I'm a liberal and I've cut trees off houses of people who need help, or were unable to do it themselves, from Oklahoma City to Belle Chase, LA to Joplin, MO. I've helped build permanent homes in Port au Prince, Haiti, mucked out flooded houses in Minot, ND, Des Moines, IA and Galveston, TX, cleaned up burnt houses in California, assessed the damage to homes (as a precursor to other people actually doing the work) in OK, MI, NC, TX, LA and CO and I've helped feed the hungry in Alabama after Hurricane Dennis. That's just a partial list.

What have YOU done lately, Mr. Conservative, other than talk about what you WOULD do?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Uh...I'm a liberal and I've cut trees off houses of people who need help, or were unable to do it themselves, from Oklahoma City to Belle Chase, LA to Joplin, MO. I've helped build permanent homes in Port au Prince, Haiti, mucked out flooded houses in Minot, ND, Des Moines, IA and Galveston, TX, cleaned up burnt houses in California, assessed the damage to homes (as a precursor to other people actually doing the work) in OK, MI, NC, TX, LA and CO and I've helped feed the hungry in Alabama after Hurricane Dennis. That's just a partial list.

What have YOU done lately, Mr. Conservative, other than talk about what you WOULD do?
What have I done? I volunteer to help old folks clean gutter, mow lawns and clean their houses. I am a physician and have limited time, yet I "walk the walk". Additionally, I probably contribute 100X the amount that you do to charity. I am sure that I will not find your name on the DeTouqeville Society list at the United Way. I helped repair my neighbor's house when he was old.

If you are a liberal who actually DOES SOMETHING, you are one of the few. I have NEVER SEEN a liberal at any of our Catholic charity functions- NEVER! They are, for the most part, pigs who never want to do anything but complain. No work- no money- just complaints.

How much did you donate to charity last year, Mr. Liberal? Was it over $100K? If not, please sit down and be quiet, as you have not done as much as a "mean spirited conservative". If you have done as much as a "mean spirited conservative" that would put you in an uncomfortable position, as you are, by definition, less charitable. Don't worry, I donate more than Joe Biden, the Obamas, John Kerry, and Al Gore- all of which who are "liberal saints" (I call them liberal pigs).

Work harder or donate more

Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's called finesse....knowing when to open your mouth and having the smarts to know when to keep your mouth shut. Why is that confusing to you. Insulting a country when you're trying to look presidential is not exactly a bright idea You laugh at the previous post but I highly doubt Romney is laughing right now.
When has Obama ever looked presidential?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
When you are invited to your neighbor's house you may be right that the furnishings are ugly, but you are wrong for saying so.

Get it?
You do have a point, unless he saw how awful it truly was, and wanted to go on record by saying so, before the terror attacks started.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
What have I done? I volunteer to help old folks clean gutter, mow lawns and clean their houses. I am a physician and have limited time, yet I "walk the walk". Additionally, I probably contribute 100X the amount that you do to charity. I am sure that I will not find your name on the DeTouqeville Society list at the United Way. I helped repair my neighbor's house when he was old.

If you are a liberal who actually DOES SOMETHING, you are one of the few. I have NEVER SEEN a liberal at any of our Catholic charity functions- NEVER! They are, for the most part, pigs who never want to do anything but complain. No work- no money- just complaints.

How much did you donate to charity last year, Mr. Liberal? Was it over $100K? If not, please sit down and be quiet, as you have not done as much as a "mean spirited conservative". If you have done as much as a "mean spirited conservative" that would put you in an uncomfortable position.

Work harder or donate more

But how would you even know who is a liberal or not especially at a catholic function Can you tell just by their appearance? Do you ask them their party affiliation and get into political discussions or something. I don't even know what party my neighbors belong to and I've been living in my neighborhood for 20 years.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Every now and again, when I see him speaking during those tennis matches.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
We're talking about Romney...remember.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But how would you even know who is a liberal or not especially at a catholic function Can you tell just by their appearance? Do you ask them their party affiliation and get into political discussions or something. I don't even know what party my neighbors belong to and I've been living in my neighborhood for 20 years.
How do I know? It is a small state. I know all the prominent conservatives and I know who are the democratic supporters in our city (the state capitol and largest city in the state). The libs NEVER SHOW UP. I KNOW their party affiliation, as the prominent supporters of the respective parties are well known. Further, many of the parish members are friends, or friends of my kids or my wife and I know where they stand politically. The former governor was a dem and a member of our parish, however, I never saw him (even out of office) ever at mass or at a parish function or volunteer activity- NEVER.

Apparently we are a closer knit community in which people know where they stand. The governor comes to our parish frequently (he is a member of a neighboring parish, but two of his kids are members of our parish) and I know him well. I know our republican senator and congressman well. We kind of know where people stand.

In our area, liberals are the first to complain and the last to volunteer for ANYTHING. Therefore, in my experience, a liberal is a contemptible hypocrite (who often has far more free time than I do) who does NOTHING but complains QUITE A BIT.

Anyone, who would meet these people, would find them to be lazy, unpleasant, and unhappy people. It is too much trouble to ask them to do anything, as they always refuse and are just worthless if they ever actually show up. That is my personal experience of a liberal- quick to complain-never works- lazy- and unpleasant if they ever show up. But GOD KNOWS, they are REALLY CONCERNED. BUUUUUULLLLLLL CRAAAAAAAP!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
How do I know? It is a small state. I know all the prominent conservatives and I know who are the democratic supporters in our city (the state capitol and largest city in the state). The libs NEVER SHOW UP. I KNOW their party affiliation, as the prominent supporters of the respective parties are well known. Further, many of the parish members are friends, or friends of my kids or my wife and I know where they stand politically. The former governor was a dem and a member of our parish, however, I never saw him (even out of office) ever at mass or at a parish function or volunteer activity- NEVER.

Apparently we are a closer knit community in which people know where they stand. The governor comes to our parish frequently (he is a member of a neighboring parish, but two of his kids are members of our parish) and I know him well. I know our republican senator and congressman well. We kind of know where people stand.

In our area, liberals are the first to complain and the last to volunteer for ANYTHING. Therefore, in my experience, a liberal is a contemptible hypocrite (who often has far more free time than I do) who does NOTHING but complains QUITE A BIT.

Anyone, who would meet these people, would find them to be lazy, unpleasant, and unhappy people. It is too much trouble to ask them to do anything, as they always refuse and are just worthless if they ever actually show up. That is my personal experience of a liberal- quick to complain-never works- lazy- and unpleasant if they ever show up. But GOD KNOWS, they are REALLY CONCERNED. BUUUUUULLLLLLL CRAAAAAAAP!
It's a small state and therefore you know everyone's party affiliation...really? You know, I find politics absolutely fascinating and read everything I can. But I could care less who is a dem or repub. And I don't judge them based on their political belief. I judge them on how they treat me and my family and other members of our community. Good people are of all political beliefs. Politics should never be a reason we badmouth and have the animosity you do towards some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies