Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times

Advertisements

I think we are in for a big shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 PM

410 posts, read 342,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
The economy is going to collapse, hurry up and stock up on bullets, beans and beer.
It's not a laughing matter.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:36 PM

410 posts, read 342,002 times
I see a lot of disguised/misinformationist libs starting to pipe in to say this is just normal.

NO IT IS NOT LIBS! It's your dear
Leader Obama who is doing this!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:39 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The one group protesting for issues that could actually solve these issues was demonized. We've seriously got to re-evaluate our economy and the financial institutions designed to protect our best interests. Not just the interests of the wealthy.
Instead of protesting about the problem, they should have actually been working on solving those problems. We have a surplus of whiners and complainers in this country who are largely incapable of fending for themselves, or creating the opportunities they so arrogantly demand.

Furthermore, they ought examine WHY jobs are not hear. They demanded cheap, easily breakable garbage. That's exactly what they got. The problem is this is a high wage nation, and jobs making cheap goods don't support a middle class lifestyle. Kinda like the union worker that doesn't buy union made products... Because they are expensive. When jobs become available in this country making competitively priced goods, guess what... That job will pay crap, and likely will be filled my an illegal. And they will blame the illegal all day long, instead of the system they the consumer created.

Whiners, idiots, complainers... America should essentially be called AmeriCANT. Bunch of losers we have become. I blame feel good liberals and the "everyone is a winner" for marginally adequate effort.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:30 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Instead of protesting about the problem, they should have actually been working on solving those problems. We have a surplus of whiners and complainers in this country who are largely incapable of fending for themselves, or creating the opportunities they so arrogantly demand.

Furthermore, they ought examine WHY jobs are not hear. They demanded cheap, easily breakable garbage. That's exactly what they got. The problem is this is a high wage nation, and jobs making cheap goods don't support a middle class lifestyle. Kinda like the union worker that doesn't buy union made products... Because they are expensive. When jobs become available in this country making competitively priced goods, guess what... That job will pay crap, and likely will be filled my an illegal. And they will blame the illegal all day long, instead of the system they the consumer created.

Whiners, idiots, complainers... America should essentially be called AmeriCANT. Bunch of losers we have become. I blame feel good liberals and the "everyone is a winner" for marginally adequate effort.
As far as the work thing, do you honestly think a 54% unemployment/underemployment rate is because younger Americans are lazy? Do you think our economic issues are due to the fact that Americans aren't working, or aren't working hard enough??

As far as WHY jobs aren't here. I think you sniffed at the answer. It's not breakable goods, but the fact that so many jobs were outsourced to other countries. Our manufacturing industry has been packed up and shipped out. Manufacturing jobs used to be a staple of our middle class. To be honest, I don't believe there are enough jobs in this country currently to support our economy. That's an issue that must be addressed.

As far as blaming liberals, well, that's just BS. You didn't even give the context in which you were deeming what people liberals.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,194,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The US economy is about to collapse; too few jobs, business activity slowing, household wealth falling, 55 trillion debt
So "about to" I assume we should see whether you are correct very soon. Of course if the US economy doesn't collapse soon I'm sure you'll return to the forum and offer a nice explanation of why your chicken little thread was so off the mark, and what you learned from your mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
#2 35 percent of all unemployed workers have had to dip into retirement savings in order to make ends meet over the past year.
Stuff like this is hilarious. Absolutely no context given, what percentage or unemployed workers had to dip into retirement savings 10 years ago? 20 years ago? I'd love to see you try to defend a thesis or work presentation with supporting arguments like this.

The economy is barely chugging along, with continued employment problems, a possibly flattening growth pattern in the near future, and fragility related to events in world markets. However it is still a massive, still growing economy in a very productive and stable country, it isn't going to just collapse because of these stupid bits of information slammed together by fear mongering websites that are aimed at getting ad-click revenue from retards.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:04 AM

464 posts, read 479,251 times
Op: As long as you got god and your gun, you'll be fine.

*cue The Love Song* I got a crush on a pretty pistol Should I tell her that I feel this way? Father told us to be faithful

Old 07-22-2012, 09:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
So "about to" I assume we should see whether you are correct very soon. Of course if the US economy doesn't collapse soon I'm sure you'll return to the forum and offer a nice explanation of why your chicken little thread was so off the mark, and what you learned from your mistake.

Stuff like this is hilarious. Absolutely no context given, what percentage or unemployed workers had to dip into retirement savings 10 years ago? 20 years ago? I'd love to see you try to defend a thesis or work presentation with supporting arguments like this.

The economy is barely chugging along, with continued employment problems, a possibly flattening growth pattern in the near future, and fragility related to events in world markets. However it is still a massive, still growing economy in a very productive and stable country, it isn't going to just collapse because of these stupid bits of information slammed together by fear mongering websites that are aimed at getting ad-click revenue from retards.
I think it depends on how you define the term "collapse." If it means a huge restructuring of our economic philosophy, I'd say yes. If it means a halt to all business and government services, I'd say no.

We're in pretty deep financially right now as a country. I don't think everyone should run in fear, but I also don't think people should ignore the issue or try to downplay the issue. If our problems aren't fixed in a reasonable amount of time we could have riots, protest, and/or a complete financial breakdown.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:44 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
And with 23 billion leaving our economy and going primarily to Mexico that hurts us as well.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 AM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:
I think it depends on how you define the term "collapse." If it means a huge restructuring of our economic philosophy, I'd say yes. If it means a halt to all business and government services, I'd say no.
It depends on how you define "collapse"? Just admit you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Collapse means food lines... And no food to be found. Collapse means people burning money to stay warm in the winter. And even with those thing, you don't necessarily have collapse... You just have the system being stretched to the brink.

"Restructuring" is exactly what this sluggish economy requires. Now America has to find something else to do than to trade houses, start random bubbles, create elaborate, exotic investment vehicles that no one understands... You know, they will have to do something productive. When China evolved from an agriculture base economy to a manufacturing economy, they did not "collapse". As the U.S. evolves into an actually competitive nation, they will not collapse... Unless of course the citizens choose to take up whining en mass instead of fixing their own problems.

And heavens forbid, we might actually have to cut the government parasite down to size... Yea, cause the taxes that businesses have to pay to support them don't actually stunt private sector growth or anything...

Quote:
We're in pretty deep financially right now as a country. I don't think everyone should run in fear, but I also don't think people should ignore the issue or try to downplay the issue. If our problems aren't fixed in a reasonable amount of time we could have riots, protest, and/or a complete financial breakdown.
The issues couldn't be more in our face. The people yelling the loudest about them are so stupid, they actually believe they know something everyone else doesn't. Yes, we are in quite the mess. Watcha gonna do about it squirt??? I'm gonna go to work, like I've always done. It that option is not available, I will resort to MY backup plan. I'm not going to sit and pull the woe is me card because frankly, it sounds annoying as hell. That is, unless we are actually at a point where we have absolutely no hope left. We aren't there yet, so go flip burgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies