Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
No, I actually don't think about gay sex when I think of homosexuals - but I think that is how they primarily define themselves . . . otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about "gays" at all.
No, we don't. You do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What are you missing? The facts.

Some gay men are promiscuous, just as some straight men are promiscious. Plenty are not.

You are buying into a stereotype.
Is it necessary when speaking about any group to put in a modifier like some, many, most ? Anyone with a lick of sense knows that phrases like gay men, black women, white men, Muslims, Asian students, etc. don't mean every, all, each and every one. In general, multiple sexual partners is higher among gay men than hetero men. That oviously does not mean that any particular gay man is more promiscuous than any particular hetero man.
imo.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:55 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
I'm just wondering because I hear this a lot, yet it makes absolutely no sense to me. Whether a person/couple is straight, gay/lesbian, or bisexual, I am NOT thinking about them having sex.
The reality is that if you judge gays by what kind of sex YOU THINK they're having you clearly have an overactive imagination, and perhaps a bit of curiosity!
I, personally, don't care what kind of sex Gay folks have as it is totally their business. Do you suppose the Gay community wonders about what kind of sex straight folks have? I don't think so cuz they probably already know. Who cares either way? As an older person who was raised during a time when men and women got married not same sex, I do wonder about if that particular couple will have children and if so what effect it will have on them to have two Moms or two Dads. I worry that by the time the child is in the upper grades meaning probably from 4th grade on up, will they get bullied for having a different kind of home life? Although this part of being gay is none of my business...it is on my mind.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:23 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It sounds like you have a poor understanding of human sexuality and a lack of compassion for those who are different from you.
no! not at all if anything it is the opposite, gay and lesbians weren't thought the right way to enjoy human sexuality. they just have been perverted by sick perverted people! I have compassion, not accepting such a sick perverted sexual actions does not mean i lack compassion. you just say that to make me look mean and cruel. i am on to liberals and how they work

Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What are you missing? The facts.

Some gay men are promiscuous, just as some straight men are promiscious. Plenty are not.

You are buying into a stereotype.
all gay men are perverted, many straight men are perverted as well!!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
all gay men are perverted, many straight men are perverted as well!!
"Perverted" is in the eyes of the beholder.

Are you perverted?

Am I perverted?

Who cares. I say let people get it on with a consenting adult partner of their choice.

This is beginning to sound so childish: "You're ickey" ... "Well you have cooties" ... "I know you are but what am I?"

Sheesh.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
no! not at all if anything it is the opposite, gay and lesbians weren't thought the right way to enjoy human sexuality. they just have been perverted by sick perverted people! I have compassion, not accepting such a sick perverted sexual actions does not mean i lack compassion. you just say that to make me look mean and cruel. i am on to liberals and how they work
Ha. Nothing nefarious in my words, gysmo. If you say that homosexual sex is sick and perverted, you don't exactly sound compassionate about it.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
To me, prejudice and bigotry and ignorance is perverted. Babies might be born gay, straight, or bi, but they are not born with hate or prejudice.

I say Let people love people and find happiness with the adult consenting partner of their choice.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
I'm just wondering because I hear this a lot, yet it makes absolutely no sense to me. Whether a person/couple is straight, gay/lesbian, or bisexual, I am NOT thinking about them having sex.

The reality is that if you judge gays by what kind of sex YOU THINK they're having you clearly have an overactive imagination, and perhaps a bit of curiosity!
I don't really think about it like that. I'll be honest with you though, I don't think gay marriage/rights are the right thing. However, society is becoming more accepting and that's fine with me. So be it. I don't hate on anyone because of their sexual preferences or whatever. If someone's nice to me, then I don't care what they do on their free time.

As you can see, I lost the f*ck I was supposed to give, so I now don't oppose gay rights but I don't fight for them either.

I just kinda sit back and eat my popcorn.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
I'll be totally honest, and it is definitely a stereotype, but the first thing I think about is "would they be willing to decorate my house?". Let me explain, I do real estate photography as a hobby, and the houses I shoot for openly gay couples are always the absolute best in terms of interior decor. I show my wife the photos and even she says we should call them and ask. I am just afraid to because it seems kind of rude to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies