Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

"In the last six months, he has held 100 fundraisers, and guess how many meetings he has had with his jobs council?" Romney said in a July 18, 2012, campaign event in Bowling Green, Ohio. "None. Zero. Zero in the last six months. So it makes it very clear where his priorities are."

PolitiFact | Did Barack Obama hold 100-plus fundraisers while his jobs council never met?

President Obama's jobs panel missing in action - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

This from the president who said he would not rest until every American can find a job:

Obama: I will not rest - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Power for the Course. But still a struggling, negative, sliding down the river, in the toilet, flushing away, downright, bad economy. Thanks Obama for all the great change you have not bestowed upon us as your promised.

Your about you and your agenda, and really to hell with what is good for all Americans, I said All.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 PM

39,849 posts, read 26,477,889 times
So much for his laser like focus on getting good people back to work. Can't interrupt the gulf game and campaign trail with WORK, now can we? No wonder he thinks private indivuduals don't build their own businesses...he hasn't worked an honest day in his life.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
The jobs council is full of multinational 1% people, you know, the ones Obama told us to hate.
How could he possibly talk to them or bring them in front of the public now ?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Power for the Course.
The gulf course maybe

Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times
Does Romney even have a jobs council?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
"In the last six months, he has held 100 fundraisers, and guess how many meetings he has had with his jobs council?" Romney said in a July 18, 2012, campaign event in Bowling Green, Ohio. "None. Zero. Zero in the last six months. So it makes it very clear where his priorities are."

PolitiFact | Did Barack Obama hold 100-plus fundraisers while his jobs council never met?

President Obama's jobs panel missing in action - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

This from the president who said he would not rest until every American can find a job:

Obama: I will not rest - YouTube

What does it matter anymore. No matter what Obama proposes the Republicans in Congress will vote against it. After all it has always been their number one priority to get him out of office even if it means screwing the rest of us.
I honestly believe Obama has a good heart and thought he could bring both parties together. A president can't accomplish anything when the opposing party is hell bent on making him fail. But guess what, we the people are the ones suffering because they can't compromise.
I am frustrated as the rest of you about the economy. I don't blame Obama though and why would any of you. I blame both parties because they cannot compromise.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,470,740 times
Good, because a jobs council sounds a lot like the ministry of truth. Plus, Obama has made it clear what his intentions are for to increase jobs, which has to give states aid to increase their employment and invest in infrastructure. However, he has been met with obstructionism.

I am not defending him. In fact, I think he is a ***** since he lacks conviction. His rhetoric rarely matches his actions, but nonetheless.

Just like golf, he talks a better game than he actually plays.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,725,220 times
he thinks he's tiger,,

Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What does it matter anymore. No matter what Obama proposes the Republicans in Congress will vote against it. After all it has always been their number one priority to get him out of office even if it means screwing the rest of us.
I honestly believe Obama has a good heart and thought he could bring both parties together. A president can't accomplish anything when the opposing party is hell bent on making him fail. But guess what, we the people are the ones suffering because they can't compromise.
I am frustrated as the rest of you about the economy. I don't blame Obama though and why would any of you. I blame both parties because they cannot compromise.
Did you forget that Obama had a super majority until 2010? He had the whole world in his hands at the very same time that he had all kinds of political goodwill and political capital. What did he do? He flubbed it by monumental proportions. You realize this, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies