Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times

Advertisements

The tax return thing, to me doesnt seem like it will last , what will the next attack be by the Obama?

So far, most of his attacks this year have really been duds. He and the Dems and even the media, are trying to find something that will stick. So far, not much is sticking.

I guess they could try the same ones theyve been, and just harp on them over and over. I cant think of anything new, unless of course they just try and stay with anything Class Warfare related.

** I guess I should clear it up a bit. Pelosi does in fact believe a POTUS candidate should, but people in Congress/Senate shouldnt. So my initial assesment was wrong, she really isnt standing up against it.

Last edited by BucsLose; 07-19-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
I wouldn't be so sure the tax return thing is going to go away. I'll be curious to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure the tax return thing is going to go away. I'll be curious to see what happens over the next few weeks.
Maybe you could be right. But I think when people on the Left are getting nervous about this route, like Pelosi, Im not sure they stay on it much longer. Maybe they will. We'll see. But chances are, they're going to have to move on to something else soon. That's been the theme so far. Try this attack, then this one, then this one. It seems they are going to run out of new ones soon. Theyve gone through a few already and we still have 4 months to go.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Maybe you could be right. But I think when people on the Left are getting nervous about this route, like Pelosi, Im not sure they stay on it much longer. Maybe they will. We'll see. But chances are, they're going to have to move on to something else soon. That's been the theme so far. Try this attack, then this one, then this one. It seems they are going to run out of new ones soon. Theyve gone through a few already and we still have 4 months to go.
Honestly? I'm guessing that if they're hitting hard on this now, they've got more ammo coming. They wouldn't release the most damaging material this far out from the election. At this point they're just trying to plant seeds of doubts in voters minds. I think it's been more effective than you think. I don't think Romney has done anything illegal, but I do have questions about what's in those returns that would be so objectionable that it would hurt his chances of winning, especially when every candidate has released multiple returns for the last 40 years. We'll just have to see what happens down the road...

Old 07-19-2012, 08:38 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
The tax return thing, to me doesnt seem like it will last , what will the next attack be by the Obama?

So far, most of his attacks this year have really been duds. He and the Dems and even the media, are trying to find something that will stick. So far, not much is sticking.

I guess they could try the same ones theyve been, and just harp on them over and over. I cant think of anything new, unless of course they just try and stay with anything Class Warfare related.

** I guess I should clear it up a bit. Pelosi does in fact believe a POTUS candidate should, but people in Congress/Senate shouldnt. So my initial assesment was wrong, she really isnt standing up against it.

The tax return issue is not going away until Romney relents. I do believe there is something in them that Romney thinks may be damaging to him. And yes, I'm sure Obama knows exactly what that is...thus the cat and mouse game that's being played. If Romney doesn't release them now it could blow up in his face later. Best to do it now in my opinion.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, Ron Paul wanted them released as well. It would be good debate fodder. His father was very adamant about disclosure of tax returns. Obama is used to Chicago style politics. His team isn't going to play soft and quite frankly, Romney has left himself open here. His answer is either his father was wrong or disclose the information.

I can't put into words how lucky he is that nobody in the Republican Party picked up on this. One of the companies that Bain did business with was responsible for the disposal of human fetuses. Picture that coming up in all of the Republican debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies