Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times

Advertisements

Even the kids know this stuff is a three ring circus....

Cross dressing teacher - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They only know weird if a parent teaches them that. A 5 or 6 year old can't form their own opinion without input. Prejudice is taught
Well I don't want some swastika tattooed neo nazi teaching my children either. Waaaa not fair to the nazi's.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You send your kids to your bearded teacher not me. Sorry Charlie. How do I know what a child would feel? You do realize children can talk at that age correct? Talk about disruption in the classroom. You folks have lost your minds.
No, you have lost your mind. Kids don't care and judge unless they are prompted by adults. Kids are innocent and accepting of everyone until we influence them. What don't you understand about that.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
I am talking about 1st grade. And how do you know what that child would feel. A guy with a beard wearing a dress means absolutely nothing to them. They are innocent until we instill our prejudice thoughts on them
My son is six. We were watching Mrs.Doubtfire and he said "that man has on a dress" and cracked up laughing.
He also "knows" that clothing with glitter and sparkles and butterflies on them don't belong to him. Nobody taught him those things. I'm assuming he defines normal as what he sees. And normally he doesn't see a man wearing a dress.

However, he had the same reaction at basketball camp when one of the coaches was like 6'8. He doesn't normally see people that tall and he found it amazing. He stared at the guy for the whole session.

Don't underestimate kids. Sometimes I think his mind works like "what's wrong with this picture". Plus since he's on the autism spectrum he will obsess about that different thing forever. So yeah I would have an issue with a teacher in distracting clothing.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
They only know weird if a parent teaches them that. A 5 or 6 year old can't form their own opinion without input. Prejudice is taught
Sorry that is not true.Stop making things up kids are very smart and see around them very clearly. Then again some kids are really stupid better stop here don't want to get to personal.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Sorry that is not true.Stop making things up kids are very smart and see around them very clearly. Then again some kids are really stupid better stop here don't want to get to personal.
Yes it is true. 'And I am not making anything up. Kids are innocent until we instill our values in them.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
No, you have lost your mind. Kids don't care and judge unless they are prompted by adults. Kids are innocent and accepting of everyone until we influence them. What don't you understand about that.
So in your perfect world leave the children locked up in a room so they won't ever judge, be influenced and will accept everyone. What a grand idea. You have lost all concept of reality. The first time you take two of those children and put them together in the same room, no adults allowed of course to even make contact, they will judge each other and decide whether to accept each other.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM

640 posts, read 717,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
OK I can agree with you there,as long as they keep private private, among children. adults heck none of my business. Peace Brother
Semper Fi soldier, let's remember what we defended and why...be well

Old 07-19-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So in your perfect world leave the children locked up in a room so they won't ever judge, be influenced and will accept everyone. What a grand idea. You have lost all concept of reality. The first time you take two of those children and put them together in the same room, no adults allowed of course to even make contact, they will judge each other and decide whether to accept each other.
adults

Kids judge because of what they are taught. I taught my kids to be respectful and to accept people for who they are. That is my reality and I am damn proud of it.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
i think public schools are EEOP so they really don't have a choice unless they want to be sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies