Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Your scenario may be correct. I wonder if any prints will be found on any of that gear. I saw where they found the mask in the parking lot. There is no reason for this guy to wonk out like this shoot up a theater, rig his apartment to blow up, don tac gear and then just sit there and let the cops arrest him. Now he claims he remembers nothing and doesn't know why he's in jail. Shows up to court looking like a zombie with a hangover.

My sound isn't working for some reason so I will listen to your clip when I figure out what is wrong with it as I don't think I've seen that one.

Apparently the police broke out one of the windows of his car, the back window. I heard the part about the mask and gear left strewn about in the parking lot. It is true nobody can ID this guy and now he's claiming he has no idea what happened. He looks to be a pawn. I think those involved didn't expect him to make it out alive and also didn't expect his apartment to remain intact. That is where they screwed the pooch and are going to be trying to figure out how to cover their tracks now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Anybody see this story?

COLORADO MASSACRE LINKED TO HISTORIC BANK FRAUD

quote:
A highly disturbing Ministry of Finance report on the largest bank fraud in history that is circulating in the Kremlin today warns that it is “within the realm of possibility” that the shocking movie massacre in Colorado this past week is but another “integral part” in the deliberate plan put in place by Western banking elites and their allies to collapse the global economy.

Most important to note about James Holmes, however, this report says, is that his father, Robert Holmes, was said to have been scheduled to testify within the next few weeks before a US Senate panel on the largest bank fraud scandal in world history that is currently unfolding and threatens to destabilize and destroy the Western banking system.

Robert Holmes, whose “blueblood” family links go back to the Mayflower, is known throughout the global banking community as being the creator of one of the most sophisticated computer algorithms ever developed and is credited with developing predictive models for financial services; credit and fraud risk models, first and third party application fraud models and internet/online banking fraud models.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Yeah I heard about that yesterday. The guy who put it out is not reliable at all from what I've seen. I think he may work for this credit scoring company FICO but I haven't seen anything that verifies the other stuff.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:32 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
The old saying "There is a fine line between genius and insanity" is probably more true than we realize.

The man was brilliant but also struggled. Stress of success and perhaps the stress of failure are more likely contributers than a secret mind-control program.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Apparently the NIH wasn't able to determine his lack of ability and he was surrounded by brain scientists most of who were unable to ascertain any problem at all and all your best sources were unable to spot anything wrong -- yet the gun range owner denied him use of the gun range because he was able to spot a problem with this freak.

Gun club denied suspect | The Poughkeepsie Journal | poughkeepsiejournal.com

But when Rotkovich called to invite him to a mandatory orientation the following week, he said he heard Holmes’ voice mail greeting that was “bizarre — guttural, freakish at best.”

He left two other messages but eventually told his staff to watch out for Holmes at the July 1 orientation and not to accept him into the club, Rotkovich said. His comments were first reported by Fox News.
“There’s something weird here,” Rotkovich said he concluded.
Your anti-intellectual bias just keeps showing up.

Quote:
Yes -- and it seems the government is what handed this killer the many thousands of our dollars so he could buy his weapons and bomb materials.

The Aurora Shooter?s Blood Money - International Business Times

Holmes, who apparently spent his spare time coloring his hair bright red and posting his picture on sex websites, was the recipient of a $26,000 federal grant from the National Institute of Health. What did he do with all the money you and I gave him? One thing is certain, he didn't spend much time studying. In fact, he was reportedly in academic trouble prior to dropping out of the neuroscience PhD program at the University of Colorado back in June. So you and I got to pay taxes, essentially, so this individual could avoid work for the last year.

In addition to being less than brilliant, Holmes proved himself to be insubordinate, stubborn and lazy during his time under Jacobson's oversight. He refused to follow instructions and was unable to communicate well or interact with others sociably.

Jacobson describes Holmes' transcript as a mix of B's and B+'s. How did Holmes gain admission to this supposedly prestigious neuroscience PhD program at the University of Colorado with a B average and a poor work history?

Furthermore, how did this thick-headed creep land an NIH grant? How many deserving students got passed over in favor of this B-student with a bad attitude? Why weren't Holmes' prior supervisors consulted prior to his being awarded the NIH grant? When the dust has settled in this case, there needs to be some serious accounting on the part of those who invested tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars and educational resources in this unqualified, irresponsible and corrupt individual.
And Jacobson knew him when? After HIGH SCHOOL graduation? When did Jacobson get a look at Holmes' college transcript? Probably never. You obviously don't know how PhD programs and the grant process works by your questions about contacting his prior supervisors. He did that work at Salk FIVE YEARS before he started the PhD program.

Quote:
I'm not at all anti-education. I am against the dumbing down of education that has been taking place, for example the fact that many college graduates are functionally illiterate -- up to a third in fact.

Here's another source for you -- from a neuroscientist who unlike yourself actually knew this freak.

Holmes purchased a rifle hours after failing oral exam - San Francisco Wine | Examiner.com

But neuroscientist David Eagleman says Holmes' credentials were no better than those of an average student. The mass killing suspect is no elite neuroscientist, says Eagleman, of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.

"He was just a second-year grad student," he says. "He didn't know anything."

Jacobson told the newspaper Holmes "should not have gotten into the summer program. His grades were mediocre. I've heard him described as brilliant. This is extremely inaccurate."

He said Holmes' high school transcripts showed Bs and no advanced-placement classes. He was accepted to the camp because he had done computer programming, Jacobson said. He was never Holmes' mentor, he said, but Holmes worked in his lab to write a computer code for an experiment Jacobson was working on. He told the newspaper Holmes never finished it.

"What he gave me was a complete mess," Jacobson says.

"Recipe-book stuff, literally, that every biology student should learn," Eagleman says. As for the grant, Eagleman says, "Holmes is being depicted as some sort of brilliant researcher who won a rare grant, but there are thousands of research students in this country with such grants. Everyone has one. There is nothing elite about it."

Holmes had difficulty with a June 7 preliminary exam, given orally by three university faculty members. It is designed to evaluate students' knowledge at the end of the first year. Three days later, Holmes dropped out.
See above. The kid had just graduated from high school when he worked for Jacobson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I wonder if everyone's phones were confiscated like after the loughner shooting and video cameras?? All the witnesses were shuffled off to the high school and only a few spoke right after the incident. Where are the pictures of the bombs in the apartment or was this just to buy time so they can put together the offical story? What about his three roomates who he had then he didn't? Things we will never know I'm sure like all the rest. What we will end up with is a single shooter who will be deemed crazy and claiming he doesn't remember what happened like others. Close the book the authorities have spoken.

I'm trying to discern the truth. You sit back and eat what is fed to you.
My daughter lives near Holmes' apartment and she said the "booms" could be heard at her place when the bombs in the apt. were detonated. I never heard anything about three roommates, and I live in Colorado, where this story is being covered heavily.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Dear god, James Holmes is saner than some of you.....

Old 07-27-2012, 08:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Wow, just wow! So much transpires overnight on CD!

Quote:
Like in the other thread -- sure many apparently at the University of Colorado's graduate school and the Salk Institute thought the guy was brilliant -- and apparently sane.

Not the gun range owner however --- he saw immediately that something wasn't right about this guy. And he was handed many thousands of tax payer dollars -- to spend as he pleased, the guy wasn't working for his living.
Once again with the anti-education, anti-intellectual ranting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So, you feel for that of a "professional student" and his woes.
What exactly per say, was his final game plan with his doctorate program?

Flight of the Finches

Colorado shooting suspect shy, 'socially inept,' classmate recalls - latimes.com

"The resume described how Holmes worked as a summer intern at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla in 2006 and mapped the neurons of zebra finches and studied the flight muscles of hummingbirds while he was an undergraduate at UC Riverside."

Probably outside of an university, he was unqualified for any job.
I think it's per se, not per say! Just sayin'! I would suppose his career goal was to be a reasearcher in neuroscience. Why make fun of this research? It shows a lack of understanding about the purpose of research. In this case, that would be to learn more about the world around us, and also help bring about some cures/treatments for human suffering.

Quote:
Except gainful employment in "the real world"....
Define "real world". I live near the HSC. It's pretty real. A lot of people work there.

Quote:
I know his "drug induced state" in the court room was a fake. This guy is a selfish punk.
I was surprised when the judge started the hearing to "give him his rights", he didn't
even say "Look at me, when I'm talking to you" in mere respect of the Court, and to
quote, un quote, "determine" if he understands what they are saying to him.

It was also utterly weird the interaction between him and his "attorney". She never looked at
him, addressed him, or appeared in control of the situation. She seemed almost as confused
and timid as the plantiff. The whole court seemed odd.
Well, yes it did seem odd, but then I really don't have much experience with going to court.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OOOHHHH, so much love and understanding for this victim.....

The victim just may be a little traumatized by the event, may be angry, may feel helpless, may feel justified in seeking damages from those who they feel caused all the trauma and pain. They may be just lashing out at the unfairness of it all ...and lashing out WITHOUT A GUN!

In this country, they are free to do that.

Guess some want to take that freedom away.

Do some people want everything settled with guns??
Actually, no, I don't feel all that much love and understanding for this particular victim. He wasn't even in the theater where the shooting occurred, or even in an adjacent theater.

First lawsuit filed over James Holmes shooting | Death and Taxes

Old 07-27-2012, 09:06 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dear god, James Holmes is saner than some of you.....
Amazing how the conspiracy theories start oozing out when there's a tragedy.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Amazing how the conspiracy theories start oozing out when there's a tragedy.
I don't see the problem with people asking questions. They should ask questions. If anything, it will help us develop a solution to prevent this in the future, if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies