Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
What kind of a careless parent would bring a 6 year old child into a midnight showing of a PG-13 movie filled with reckless violence is beyond me. That parent, and whomever sold a ticket to let that child into the theater that night should join Mr. Holmes in court in front of a judge. That parent(s) is just as much to blame for the childs loss as the gunman who shot her.
That is what stood out first, and foremost to me when I saw and heard news of the tragedy. Cowards hiding behind the power of guns kill and maim every day. And, make no mistake about it...ANYONE who owns/uses a gun is a coward. Thugs, hunters, terrorists, homeowners pretending that having a gun around is for protection. All cowards. Why and how are homeowners linked with the other obvious cowards? Because having a gun around a house for protection is just an excuse to have a gun in a house. Thieves/home invaders or any others who may come into your home uninvited do not let you know ahead of time when they strike. So, your gun will be useless even if you are wearing it around your waist.
Do you see the similarities in thugs, hunters and terrorists? They are all really afraid of their respected foes face to face. So they sneak up on someone from behind, camouflage themselves in a tree 100 feet away, or surprise people in some crowded environment, shoot their victim(s), or prey, and think that is somehow something to be proud of. Facing their opponents face to face is out of the question for these COWARDS.
But, again, a 6 year old at a midnight showing of such a violent movie???
What Wayland said, above. You are blaming the parents. How big of you! I'm sorry, anyone who tries to blame this child's death on anyone other than the shooter is, as they say in Pittsburgh, a "jagoff".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
What kind of a careless parent would bring a 6 year old child into a midnight showing of a PG-13 movie filled with reckless violence is beyond me. That parent, and whomever sold a ticket to let that child into the theater that night should join Mr. Holmes in court in front of a judge. That parent(s) is just as much to blame for the childs loss as the gunman who shot her.
That is what stood out first, and foremost to me when I saw and heard news of the tragedy. Cowards hiding behind the power of guns kill and maim every day. And, make no mistake about it...ANYONE who owns/uses a gun is a coward. Thugs, hunters, terrorists, homeowners pretending that having a gun around is for protection. All cowards. Why and how are homeowners linked with the other obvious cowards? Because having a gun around a house for protection is just an excuse to have a gun in a house. Thieves/home invaders or any others who may come into your home uninvited do not let you know ahead of time when they strike. So, your gun will be useless even if you are wearing it around your waist.
Do you see the similarities in thugs, hunters and terrorists? They are all really afraid of their respected foes face to face. So they sneak up on someone from behind, camouflage themselves in a tree 100 feet away, or surprise people in some crowded environment, shoot their victim(s), or prey, and think that is somehow something to be proud of. Facing their opponents face to face is out of the question for these COWARDS.
But, again, a 6 year old at a midnight showing of such a violent movie???
I'm a senior citizen who lives alone. Meth-heads and preditors consider me prey. I carry a concealed weapon and have extensive training in it's use. If I understand you correctly, I'm considered a coward in your book? Did I get that right?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
Colorado shooting suspect was a psychiatric patient - CNN.com

Quote:
Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes was a patient of a University of Colorado psychiatrist before last week's attack at a movie theater that killed 12 people and wounded scores, according to a court document filed Friday by his public lawyers.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Have we learned nothing from other high profile cases
No we haven't. They never answered any questions then either.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
If you ask ANY crime investigator about eyewitness testimony, you know what they are going to say?

It is the least reliable piece of evidence there is.

You can show a short movie to twenty people then ask them about that movie, you will get many different versions of the same event.

You ask them the color of the car that passes the bus, and how many get off the bus at the corner, you will get many answers, even though there was NO bus.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:48 PM

So using your theory that there was no bus then actually no shooting took place. Talk about a conspiracy!!

Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So using your theory that there was no bus then actually no shooting took place. Talk about a conspiracy!!
See, you too ...

When did I say there wasn't a shooting?

There were NO other shooters or people opening doors ...

After the fact "remembering" seeing stuff that didn't happen is COMMON.

Just one crazy guy that did a LOT of prior planning.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:23 PM

It was a joke. Lighten up.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:25 PM

Has anyone actually ID the shooter? All we know is he was in the theater and walked out the door and was found sitting there by police. Or actually was Holmes even the guy in the theater who got up and walked out to begin with?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It was a joke. Lighten up.
Okay, I misunderstood you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies