Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Knock it off already! This is one person, not every scientist in the country! Your anti-intellectual, anti-education bias is coming through LOUD and CLEAR! Enough!
Well you yourself make the claim that the guy was some brilliant scientist, and surrounded by nothing but top scientists and brain researchers -- yet apparently they couldn't pick up that he was incapable of finishing the program or even passing the exams and they couldn't see what the gun range owner spotted immediately.

For some reason they've sealed his academic records.

And if this guy was really seeing a school psychiatrist, well, as we can see, that sure didn't do anyone any good. It would be interesting to know all the chemicals that he's been given throughout his life, if the psychiatrist at the school was giving him some mind-altering drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 02:05 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well you yourself make the claim that the guy was some brilliant scientist, and surrounded by nothing but top scientists and brain researchers -- yet apparently they couldn't pick up that he was incapable of finishing the program or even passing the exams and they couldn't see what the gun range owner spotted immediately.

And if this guy was really seeing a school psychiatrist, well, as we can see, that sure didn't do anyone any good. It would be interesting to know all the chemicals that he's been given throughout his life, if the psychiatrist at the school was giving him some mind-altering drugs.
Sorry ... those records are now sealed ... for your own good, of course! It's always in the public interest to keep the public in the dark ... and just wait for the "authorities" to weed through the complex web, and offer us the story of what really happened.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

I made no such claim, and sealed my a**! His records are protected by the same privacy acts that protect every one else'.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I made no such claim, and sealed my a**! His records are protected by the same privacy acts that protect every one else'.
Not just his "psychiatric records" ... there is a judge ordered lock down on all information pertaining to the investigation.

I assume that includes surveillance camera footage in the theatre and outside the theatre that might show or not show "Holmes" as entering the front entrance, or what may have transpired out back that might indicate an accomplice/s. That would be terrible, and prove false the lone nut gunman story ... and it's such a good story.

And, secrecy is GOOOOD .... the peasants need not concern themselves in matters best left to the authorities.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Not just his "psychiatric records" ... there is a judge ordered lock down on all information pertaining to the investigation.

I assume that includes surveillance camera footage in the theater and outside the theater that might show or not show "Holmes" as entering the front entrance, or what may have transpired out back that might indicate an accomplice/s. That would be terrible, and prove false the lone nut gunman story ... and it's such a good story.

And, secrecy is GOOOOD .... the peasants need not concern themselves in matters best left to the authorities.
It is GOOD. People have proven themselves to be idiots of the highest caliber. Like it or not, the authorities are in authority because we put them there. We know someone has to be in charge of stuff or we'd just destroy ourselves.

I've said it before, life is not THEATER for our amusement. We don't get to be involved in things just because we want to be. Order, not chaos.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:01 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Default lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So what? Then why do you believe everything the media and government says if you agree they all lie?? lol

Depends, to me, on what you consider a "lie"

Media is made up of human beings. They have a tendency to be fallible and biased.
-24hr media, rush to judgement
-multiple orgs tend to tailor news to audience (i.e. fox news seeks to confirm views of their watchers)

These things can lead to inaccurate reporting, but I would hesitant to call it pure "lies"

And the idea that in this world that the media or a goverment can "cover something up" is just something for idiots. Show me of one media cover-up in conjuction with the goverment since vietnam.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Who wanted to be involved in getting shot at while watching a move?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

I assume that includes surveillance camera footage in the theatre and outside the theatre that might show or not show "Holmes" as entering the front entrance, or what may have transpired out back that might indicate an accomplice/s. That would be terrible, and prove false the lone nut gunman story ... and it's such a good story.

There is a gag order, yes. But even w/o a gag order, his grades are not public record.

Here is an interesting link:

Here Are the Most Insane Aurora Shooting Conspiracy Theories

Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Those cameras will tell the entire story. They will never be seen by the public eye. If the police know they have killer on the loose and fear the community will go into panic if the word ever got out. Most likely what will happen is he will plead guilty and that will be the end of it no trial no nothing no records ever coming out. Or they will deem him crazy and put him away for his own well being. We will never know what happened and they will make sure of it one way or the other.

I'm guessing they confiscated everyone's cell phones at the scene too. They had to have in today's every time you see somebody fall down on youtube crazy world or there would be stuff all over.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Depends, to me, on what you consider a "lie"

Media is made up of human beings. They have a tendency to be fallible and biased.
-24hr media, rush to judgement
-multiple orgs tend to tailor news to audience (i.e. fox news seeks to confirm views of their watchers)

These things can lead to inaccurate reporting, but I would hesitant to call it pure "lies"

And the idea that in this world that the media or a goverment can "cover something up" is just something for idiots. Show me of one media cover-up in conjuction with the goverment since vietnam.
Oh Ok lets call it inaccurate reporting. If you know its inaccurate why believe it??

Media cover up? I could go on for pages. Lets stick to the topic here though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies