Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
that's what you get when every person can just legally buy guns. 14 people lost their lives because of this today and nothing is going to change I'm so glad guns are illegal over here.

Even with ZERO gun homicides in the US, we would have a homicide rate that is double yours in Denmark. And many of our gun homicides would be shifted to death by other weapons rather than eliminating the homicide entirely.

Why is that? Demographics. Comparing countries is very difficult and usually inaccurate because the people are quite different. You cannot assume that the laws in Denmark would produce the same results if enacted in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Make sure you let NJ, Philly, and CT know about that.

Who told you guns were illegal in NYC? Bloomberg?
Sorry, I should have specified that Pennsylvania (a gun-toting state) is the exception.
NJ and CT?
Their murder rates is lower than any GunBelt state: educate yourself, gun nut.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That was erroneous reporting by ABC. Was already shown to be false as mentioned several times in this thread.
Hopefully, someone saved that video for playback. ABC will do anything to boost their miserable ratings.

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
one of the people killed last night apparently survived the shootout in toronto..
Not that shoot out- the other one at the block party in the project...The report of the poor woman who escaped the Eaton Center shooting...only too die in Aurora ....is very strange- She had posted about how fragile life was and how you can be taken at any moment-

I don't mind the thought of being taken by natural cause or accident- but to be murdered is a horror- that some human being - and not God or nature..bringing your life to an end...only brings about rage against evil- Evil is shown too much kindness these days-

No more sympathy through liberalism..Time to have laws where nature rules- not mad men and irresponsible self serving elite and politicians who kiss the asses of those who grow rich through evil- Much like Obama paying tribute to his Hollywood cronies - as if they were contributors to the common good when they clearly are not.

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
At least 12 dead, at least 50 injured in shooting at Colorado movie theater, police say | Fox News

Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Sorry, I should have specified that Pennsylvania (a gun-toting state) is the exception.
NJ and CT?
Their murder rates is lower than any GunBelt state: educate yourself, gun nut.
Philly is another gun free zone. Check out crime stats for New Haven, Newark, and Camden. Those are gun free zones also.

So many fails, so little time.

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Is THIS what ABC's liberal hack Brian Ross used to try and tie the shooting to the Tea Party?

Jim Holmes's Page - Colorado Tea Party Patriots

In a perfect world, these so called journalists would all be fired and we would get those who would not resort to such biased, agenda driven garbage. I absolutely hate the news media. They continue to fail this country day in and out.

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
NYC has a low murder rate, and take it from me, if guns where legal here, then all of these crazies I see on the streets and subways would make the murder rate skyrocket to levels not seen. I for one thank god I don't have to worry about a deranged bum carrying a gun.

We represent civilization. The rest of the country is backwater and hillbilly.

If NYC represents civilization, then I would choose to be a backwater hillbilly.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
apparently theres a connection with him and the colorado tea party. if we find out the white was buddy buddy with them, will the white right dismiss it like they do everything else?

No connection to the Tea Party. It was a false accusation by ABC News of course. Perhaps you should get up to speed with actual true information next time so you don't look, you know, stupid?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Hopefully, someone saved that video for playback. ABC will do anything to boost their miserable ratings.
And look at that. That is JUST what ABC wanted. Just throw out info out there that it has ties to the Tea Party even though they have no idea it it was or not. They just want someone to hear it and hope they spread it. The word spreads that its a Tea Party member, that was their goal. Sick pathetic hacks that call themselves journalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies