Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This shooting really put a damper on the Hollywood hype behind this movie which was premiering today in theatres across the country and internationally.

They cancelled a press junket in Paris where the actors were planning to speak out of respect for the victims.

No doubt the film will likely not receive the box office response it should have as a result of this tragedy - producers are probably having a cow.
It'll do alright. The majority of the box office take is from foreign markets these days anyway. People are gonna go see Batman whup some ass.

I'm more worried about theaters starting to put in metal detectors or having more cops to harass law-abiding citizens, especially those of us who choose to carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Is everyone ignorant of how one goes about purchasing a firearm?
There obviously are a large number of people willfully ignorant of why someone being able to legally purchase assault weapons, represents a big problem.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This I agree with - I just did a little research and understand that one can be purchased legally - I was thinking that he couldn't have been considered mentally stable - but I suppose sociopaths are generally good at hiding their condition - it ensures their continued survival.
True.......

When the Feds check the form 4473 they look to see if there is a court adjudication of mental imparement when approving the purchase. He could have been totally bat-crap crazy around his home but if the court hasn't filed a formal judgement of his mental instability then he is free to purchase up to a 50 cal. barrett semi auto weapon if he has the money.

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
It'll do alright. The majority of the box office take is from foreign markets these days anyway. People are gonna go see Batman whup some ass.

I'm more worried about theaters starting to put in metal detectors or having more cops to harass law-abiding citizens, especially those of us who choose to carry.
Batman ought to have been in the theater.

Too bad no one was legally carrying in the theater last night.

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
I am curious about what his parents are thinking right now.

I heard that when a reporter asked the mother if it was her son that committed the crime in Colorado, and she said "you've got the right guy". What's that about? I bet they knew their son didn't have a firm grip on reality when he dropped out of the neuroscience PhD program a month ago. But they did nothing else about it? Strange.

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Facts are important. Speculation is nonsense. Suddenly, everybody is a legal expert and psychoanalyst.

I haven't had the news on since very early this morning. I'm glad the lefttards have it covered.

Morons.
Is it possible for you to make a single post without insulting other posters????? Seems your vocabulary is dominated by the words moron and idiot. How about leaving your personal animosity toward other posters out of this thread.

So you think this guy will not get the death penalty if tried for these killings? The death penalty is one way to kill yourself.

Apparently this man did not resist arrest or try to hide.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
How in the world would this guy get an AR15?
Quote:
Good question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Not legally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"its america man"

-The Wire
geez, people. you can buy them at frickin' wal-mart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Is everyone ignorant of how one goes about purchasing a firearm?
apparently.

Quote:
He booby trapped his apartment, what's the purpose of that?

I don't think insane people can be so methodical and precise.
strangely enough, he warned the cops in advance about the booby traps..

Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
It's tragic, but I can already hear gun nuts screaming. WE NEED MORE GUNS!!!!
or 'If more people had guns with them, someone would've shot the SOB, before killing so many people'

Ever wonder why this kind shootings where there's mass killings, never (or at least rarely) happen where gun laws are more strict?
When was the last time there was a mass shooting like this in NYS for example?
Perhaps you shoulda said NYC versus NYS, as the gun law requirements are different.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
geez, people. you can buy them at frickin' wal-mart.

apparently.

strangely enough, he warned the cops in advance about the booby traps..
There's no WalMart in my neck of the woods, I don't shop there so I wouldn't know.

It is interesting that he warned the cops about the traps, again - what's the purpose of warning them?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Lol...why must you always go to the racial comment? You should really get out of NYC for awhile and center yourself. Assigning a racial element to everything will poison you, if it hasn't already.
I believe you assigned the racial element ...? And I responded to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies