Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 04:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

I wonder how brisk movie ticket sales will be this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM

18 posts, read 57,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
GREAT....So he had nice guns..instead of the bad illegal ones...what's the point here? They go on about guns - just wondering if this bastard's mind was legal? How do these people come into being and how do we stop creating them is the issue- The love affair with violence in film- glorification of the gun has to change- What we need is real education about what fire arms are for...What I see from my side of the boarder is that you have lost respect for guns...and those that love them too much have lost respect for human life-- Just because you have a butcher knife in the kitchen does not mean you stab with it...

Come to think of it- growing up with four brothers and a sister..When my brothers and I were sitting in the kitchen drinking..or if there was an argument about to take place- My mother would quietly walk around the house putting away any tell tale hammer...any tempting kitchen knives...anything that was a potential weapon...she would clean up to make sure...that we were safe to fight..if it happened....To bad someone does not do the same with America- Guns should become very private again...and be put away if someone looks like they are going a bit nuts- I am sure the shooter was showing signs of being a wack job..

My father in law was a retired cop...He was drinking himself into a stupor...I had to hide all the weapons- finally I called the cops because I found a fully loaded hand gun under a cushion- The cops at first refused to take away the weapons...Till I mentioned that my young children had access to the pistol - I cleared the house of all fire arms that day-- It was a good idea- cos the old bastard was planning to shoot me..

I gave him a big poster of Clint Eastwood a few week prior- big mistake...lol
What? I was simply correcting those that said he acquired the guns illegally, which was not the case.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I see there is now police security to paw through your purses and bags at at least one NY movie house...god I hate knee jerks.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
I wonder how long it'll take to put a needle in this piece of ****'s arm. How liberal is Colorado? I've heard mixed things. I know in Virginia he'd be worm food within ten years considering the staggering amount of evidence against him.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I wonder how brisk movie ticket sales will be this weekend.
Good question

Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I wonder how long it'll take to put a needle in this piece of ****'s arm. How liberal is Colorado? I've heard mixed things. I know in Virginia he'd be worm food within ten years considering the staggering amount of evidence against him.
Do we put insane people to death?

Don't they wait until they recover their sanity and then execute?

Unfortunately he could rot in jail.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Do we put insane people to death?

Don't they wait until they recover their sanity and then execute?

Unfortunately he could rot in jail.
How insane is he really? I'm a little fuzzy but I thought the typical insanity defense is that the person did not understand the wrongness of his or her actions or they didn't understand what they were doing.

Given the methodical preparation (from the preliminary police reports) he seemed to have, I don't think he was nuts. He booby-trapped his apartment, had lots of guns, made tear gas, etc.

You could say he was crazy in that it takes a very sick mind to do something like this, but I really doubt he was either unable to understand the wrongness of his actions or unable to understand what he was doing.

Then again, I dont' know all the facts. If he really is mentally ill then he should be kept in an institution. If not? Turn him into fertilizer.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
I haven't really been a fan of the death penalty but in this case I would gladly make an exception.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:59 PM

He definitely premeditated this mass murder.

The judge has locked down everything pertaining to this case, so we might not hear too much coming out until it goes to trial.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
This guy sized things up and wanted a quick road to the top of the infamy heap- He will be forgotten in a year...and free to slowly rot...as he dreams of his fame---just like that withered old man Charley Manson....some fates are worse than death...oblivion awaits this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies