Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I didn't realize Abraham Lincoln was watching a movie at the time he was assassinated. What box office hit was playing at the Ford theatre in 1865??
An American Cousin
in 3D no less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
an no one got shot at the previous batman movie premieres either. what's your point?

My point is that no one expects to get shot at a movie theater (unless of course you were named Abraham Lincoln), so the expectation of being safe for EVERYONe at a theater is nearly at 100% (save for stupid people who get into a fight before a movie).

so should we all stay home for that .000011111% chance that we may get shot at a theater?
Actually, far more children have died in their own homes than have ever died in a theater. So I guess the good parents should be packing the movies just to keep the kids safe.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because today's parents from the Batman movie generation are clueless parents and are terrible at it.
Well, they are certainly more into their own needs more than their kids needs it seems at times.

I just do not understand what was so damn important for them to bring the baby to this movie.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:41 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well...Some are obvious, some are NOT! My point is; YOU DON'T KNOW JACK about parenting until you are a parent... I'm not saying you can't SPREAD the WORD about bad parenting just know you look foolish doing so.
What a crock of carp. It's common sense, you don't have to be a parent to know the difference between good and bad. Howcome parents don't know this?

Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
My argument was that bad or good parenting is subjective and unless you have children its hard for you to discern between the
No it's not. That's just ridiculous.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
What a crock of carp. It's common sense, you don't have to be a parent to know the difference between good and bad. Howcome parents don't know this?
seems you missed this the first time around:

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire.

Meaning, that your version of "common sense" isn't what other people share.

IT was common sense to believe that the world was flat
It was common sense to believe that Coca-Cola could cure your ales
It was common sense to believe that we could not get to the moon
It is common sense to believe that you could go to a movie theater at any time of night and not get hurt by a crazy mad man.

Now why are you blaming the parents, whtn the shooter was 100% wrong? I see that you are refusing to answer this question. And don't go "i didn't say that!" . When your posts are nothing but accusations against paretns for anything they do, that YOU believe is wrong.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
As long as they are being quiet, then who cares?

Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Now why are you blaming the parents, whtn the shooter was 100% wrong? I see that you are refusing to answer this question. And don't go "i didn't say that!" . When your posts are nothing but accusations against paretns for anything they do, that YOU believe is wrong.
Another lesson in futility.

AGAIN... you show me where I blamed the parents for the shooting, and I'll anwer the question. Aren't you tired of making a fool of yourself?

I blame the parents for having the kid in a place where he/she shouldn't have been.

I know that's a bit deep for you, but try to open your mind and let that common sense penetrate that brain of yours.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
As long as they are being quiet, then who cares?
No such thing as a quiet kid.
And they have to be in bed by nightfall or.....they'll be snatched up by the Goblin King.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Another lesson in futility.
We aren't the ones with futile arguments.

Quote:
AGAIN... you show me where I blamed the parents for the shooting, and I'll anwer the question.
Again, please with your faux concern. Again, please, you wouldn't even be in this topic if it weren't for the shooting in Colorado. so don't give any of us the "I never blamed the parents". your posts throughout this thread is nothing but blaming parents for what they do, and its apparent that its tied to the EVENT in Colorado.

You are not fooling us, since you had the opportunity to bring up this "big issue about parenting" from the very moment you joined this forum.

Quote:
Aren't you tired of making a fool of yourself?
the only ones making fools of themselves are those who think they can tell people how to raise their children.

Quote:
I blame the parents for having the kid in a place where he/she shouldn't have been.
tell us what law says that a parent cannot take a child to a midnight showing of a movie.

Tell us the law that says movie theaters cannot allow parents to bring their babies or children into a movie theater after midnight.

Please show us the sign that is posted at the theater that says "children are not allowed to be here after midnight".

Quote:
i know that's a bit deep for you, but try to open your mind and let that common sense penetrate that brain of yours.

Again, seems you missed this the first time around:

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire.

Meaning, that your version of "common sense" isn't what other people share.

IT was common sense to believe that the world was flat
It was common sense to believe that Coca-Cola could cure your ales
It was common sense to believe that we could not get to the moon
It is common sense to believe that you could go to a movie theater at any time of night and not get hurt by a crazy mad man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies