Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Maybe you can start a new nationwide charity and offer free babysitting for anyone that wants to go to the movies but needs a babysitter.
Maybe parents can make better choices. Going to a midnight showing of all things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I have brought small children to the theater, and he slept thru the entire movie. I remember someone like you sitting behind us, and they whispered under their breath "Oh noes, they have a baby, we need to change seats" but it was too late, the lights went down and the projector came on. After the movie the same couple told us what a nice baby we had.

It all depends on the kid, one of my boys could not be quiet or still enough to be in a theater until he was five, other children of mine were always well mannered and quiet. Go figure.
sorry, you are missing my entire point....
people like me

I'm not talking about people like you!!!!!!!!!
If your baby had cried, what would you have done?????
and those people behind you, probably had a very bad experience with a very uncaring parent with a baby.

You have to realize, these people were out for an entertaining night...they feared your baby would start crying and they would be unable to hear the movie. It's like when someone owns a dog, and the dog barks all night, and the owners never hear it, however, it bothers the neighbors something terrible. Well it's the same thing with your baby, when it cries, it doesn't bother you nearly as much as it bother others...so, these people I'm guessing had a very bad experience once before....

I dont' believe you read any of my other posts, you just assumed I was also referring to the good parent as well and took offense.?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Maybe parents can make better choices. Going to a midnight showing of all things?
Extremely irresponsible to me?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
I think it is just having a lack of respect. No problem with children or babies, at a movie theater, restaurant, malls.

But when your baby or child, starts to scream at the top of his lungs, disturbing a movie, people in a resturant or whatever the scenario. Common sense tells a thoughtful parent, to get up, and take the child out.

That being said, today, too often parents don't do a thing about an out of control child that is screaming at the top of their lungs. Parents are the problems, they know better but do nothing about it.

Not all parents, but the insensitive ones.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Extremely irresponsible to me?
Indeed.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Society has changed. It's not about how your actions might effect others, it's about your self gratification.
Remember..it's all about "me" now.

So you have to take matters in your own hands if you are inconvenienced by the actions of others because they don't care.
You need to start asking for your money back from theater managers, asking to have your seat moved in restaurants or a refund as well.

And before you start, I raised a kid and took him places appropriate for his age.

There's a time and place for disruptive kids that's acceptable like chuckie cheese or a disney movie.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
As long as the children are well behaved or at least tolerable all's well. It's when the little cretins are running amok.
tis a shame you hate kids

Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
Hollywood has been making movies for small children and everybody else for several decades!!!!!

Insofar as 'allowed', what kind of nonsense is that?

Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
There's no way in hell you bring an infant to a movie theatre at 12:30 am. Your first responsibility is to that child, and that child belongs in bed, at home. What an incredible act of self-indulgence by the sire and the broodmare of this child.

I am wondering if these 'parents' are teens are young 20 somethings, if they can even in fact afford to go to the movie, etc. Too often now I see younger and younger parents with absolutely no earthly ability to afford these lives of profligate consumption.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 AM

160 posts, read 264,958 times
I can't imagine why any adult would allow their child, (let alone baby) to sit through such a violent and evil movie. This society has become so wicked.

All of those people waited in line for hours to watch violence. Unfortunately, violence begets violence, so they ended up being the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies