Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
IF he did that, do you have any idea why? Hmmm, maybe it has something to do with a string of burglaries by outsiders who were black.

Funny, because the not all of the burglaries were done by blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:04 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
No, history of racism as in racist remarks about Mexicans and going door to door telling people to look out for blacks who appear to be outsiders.

Who is the moron again?
Um, when there was a serial rapist striking neighborhoods around here they warned people and gave a description of the guy as black, in his 40's, stocky build etc etc etc.

If you have some crimes going on in an area and people have seen the perpetrators, it's not racist to warn people as to the description of said perps.

Examples:

Plano police release sketch of serial rapist wanted in assaults targeting sorority sisters | Crime Blog

'Teardrop Rapist' Linked to First Attack in Five Years - ABC News

Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Ok, I'm game, please link to the source that provides the information you are citing. Thanks!

It's wierd how many people just ignore the FBI report on Zimmerman.
-It agrees he should be charged
-It talks about his mental issues, complexes etc.
-Says the killing wasn't racially motivated

Frankly, I think the FBI nailed it but some of you refuse to let go of the race angle for some odd reason. I think it might just be that it makes the tragedy and emotions feel more vindicated and not just some kid killed by a wannabe toughguy failed mall cop.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
the die-hard racism-screamers will never drop the 'he's RRRRAAAACIST!!' angle. they have way too much invested in believing that he is.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
I said from the time this was first reported that he didn't seem too bright. Rule 1 in a self defense shooting-never talk with the cops until after you talk with your attorney, and never w/o him present. Idiot and he seems like an attention wh*re that needs to learn when to shut the heck up. Even if the shooting was SD, the more he flaps his mouth, the deeper he digs the hole he's in.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, I'm game, please link to the source that provides the information you are citing. Thanks!

It's wierd how many people just ignore the FBI report on Zimmerman.
-It agrees he should be charged
-It talks about his mental issues, complexes etc.
-Says the killing wasn't racially motivated

Frankly, I think the FBI nailed it but some of you refuse to let go of the race angle for some odd reason. I think it might just be that it makes the tragedy and emotions feel more vindicated and not just some kid killed by a wannabe toughguy failed mall cop.
I never said the killing was racially motivated.

But Zimmerman has had a history of being racist. That's why people call him that.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
I don't know if he's racist or not, I don't know the guy.

I watched part of his interview with Hannity, and the guy is not too bright. First he said he did not pursue Martin, then he said he got out of his car. The defining moment is when he said it was God's Plan.

Really, George, God's Plan?

Wow.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
But that is what was said to the press by his black neighbours who were talking to Zimmy about all the break-ins.

They mentioned conversations his black community members had with him were of the variety "somthings got to be done to put a stop to these black kids (they themselves used stronger descriptive terms) breaking into houses and getting away with it".

The problem with all of this crud is that had Zimmy been an AA, the only discussion would have been about his methodology alone and that would have lasted 5 minutes with the 17 year old still being dead but relatively nothing at all being said or done about it.

Am I wrong?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
No, history of racism as in racist remarks about Mexicans and going door to door telling people to look out for blacks who appear to be outsiders.

Who is the moron again?
Would this be when he goes door-to-door to his black, white and hispanic neighbors and warns them about a string of burglaries in the area? Burglaries where, in every case when a witness saw a suspect, it was a black male? Who is he supposed to warn them to look our for, Martians? Or does it by chance make more sense to look our for people that fit the description of the suspects?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
zimmerman might not be too bright..but the facts remain that martin was a punk who was constantly in trouble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies