Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
This was absolutely pre-meditated evil. Another evil incarnate. A coward who kills innocent people at random, but is too much of a coward to die themselves.

I feel for the victims, the families of the victims, and the parents of this evil incarnate.

The dark one is giving it all he's got these days.

But he's not going to win.

You my friend are so so right. This was absolutely pre-mediated. And this coward in throwing the tear gas into the seats, knew these people would be easy targets.

Their eyes, their skin, their lungs, would be affected. This evil being, had this planned.

I am sickened for the little 6 yr old who died, and hearing her dad speak, was so difficult to see. He said he lost a lot of his family, and now he lost his 6 yr old daughter. How does one process a tragedy such as this. By getting justice, is their any justice in these cases, that makes sense.

I know what i think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,255,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Good to know. That certainly is a start. Was this found to be unconstitutional? Is this not an abridgment to the right to have firearms? Why not go a step further and require the test for those who should be found incompetent.
Because there is a big difference in preventing people who have proved through their normal living to be mentally incompetent from possessing firearms, something that's reactive, from trying to proactively find someone who might be.

Doing what you suggest may have prevented today's tragedy, it's equally likely it would not. However that's only 13 people, and it's not going to happen tomorrow or even likely to happen again in the next 12 months.

If we instigated the same program for drivers, we could save that many a DAY for the foreseeable future. Or setting up random road blocks with drunk and alcohol testing at the side of the road. If you're interested in saving lives, then you should be more than happy to support this idea, if you don't support the idea, then why not? The current number of people killed this year by drunk drivers is nearly 6000 people, if you can save 10% of those people (and it's only the last week in July) then that's 600 people, and that is roughly 3 times more per year than all of the people who have been killed in mass shootings in the US since Columbine back in 1999 (taken from Timeline: Mass Killings in the US Since Columbine).

So if we're going to do this for firearms, I respectfully request that before we do it for firearms, we do it for drivers, and vehicle buyers.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I question your knowledge of guns and the sport of shooting. Ignorant people shouldn't advocate for radical changes to activities which they know next to nothing about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Why should the general populace care what you "question"?

They have already decided what they need, what will be best for their situation, whatever it is.

Why is a revolver is not good enough when it comes to protection? In all of these shootings the gunmen have used semi-automatic pistols. I don't advocate denying people guns outright I just fail to see the need for high capacity semi-automatic handguns. Not to mention the AR-15 that was used in this shooting.

Why does anyone outside of law enforcement or the military need a weapon like this?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Why is a revolver is not good enough when it comes to protection? In all of these shootings the gunmen have used semi-automatic pistols. I don't advocate denying people guns outright I just fail to see the need for high capacity semi-automatic handguns. Not to mention the AR-15 that was used in this shooting.

Why does anyone outside of law enforcement or the military need a weapon like this?
Because it makes your wanker bigger.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
Quote:

Because its our right to have arms equal to those of the government. The Second Amendment is not emrely intended to protect against the local common criminals and nutjobs, but also against government tyranny. Governments have slaughtered how many millions in the past century alone?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:

They're a hoot to shoot!!!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Because its our right to have arms equal to those of the government. The Second Amendment is not emrely intended to protect against the local common criminals and nutjobs, but also against government tyranny. Governments have slaughtered how many millions in the past century alone?
So we can have cruise missiles and tanks?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
It would make more sense to administer IQ tests to those who wish to post babble on internet forums.

Thread Fail!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,427,339 times
Quote:
So we can have cruise missiles and tanks?
Yes but currently the feds regulate them with the NFA (tanks are unregulated but their weapons might be).

Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It would make more sense to administer IQ tests to those who wish to post babble on internet forums.

Thread Fail!
Yes, but then we would never hear from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies