Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are defending Ross?

Why?
As usuual , your complete inability to read and comprehend the written word is mind boggling...no where did I defend Ross...in fact, I never mentioned him.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
As usuual , your complete inability to read and comprehend the written word is mind boggling...no where did I defend Ross...in fact, I never mentioned him.....
What's more amazing is that you will complain about the inability to read and or comprehend the written word.....but yet you screw up your own words......

Or are you going to tell me you misspelled a word, to lure me in....

Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
If you think Faux News, the network with the biggest news media presence isn't mainstream? You think it's some sort resistance network? There's nothing subversive going on there, that's as mainstream as media gets. It's only right across the street from NBC and CNN on 6th ave.
Pssttttttt: It's spelled "Fox". Just thought you'd like to know.

That damned public education again.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Still waiting for anyone to post evidence that this error, which everyone recognizes was an error, and which the reporter apologized for, was intentional.

Attack me all you want, there is no evidence for your bogus claim.
You're probably right. He was probably drugged or talking in his sleep.

Damn!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
ABC News Admits 'Incorrectly' Linking Tea Party to Mass Murder in Colorado | NewsBusters.org

[LEFT]Three hours after reporter Brian Ross attempted to connect a mass killing in Colorado to the Tea Party, ABC News admitted that the story on Good Morning America was "incorrect." The retraction was added to the top of an existing online article about the murders.

The story conceded, "An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect." [Update: Ross has now admitted his error on live ABC coverage. See video and more updates below.]

[/LEFT]
Sued for what....being a jerk. He jumped the gun and then later corrected himself and apologized. If people could sue the media does that mean radio talk could be sued as well. If that was the case then Rush would have been sued multiple times lol

Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pssttttttt: It's spelled "Fox". Just thought you'd like to know.

That damned public education again.
Do you also correct people who call Michele....Moochele or is it just a double standard blamed on education

Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you also correct people who call Michele....Moochele or is it just a double standard blamed on education
That's Meechelle..............

Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Sued for what....being a jerk. He jumped the gun and then later corrected himself and apologized. If people could sue the media does that mean radio talk could be sued as well. If that was the case then Rush would have been sued multiple times lol
You need to separate the news from editorial/entertainment shows. Rush, Hannity, Olberman, Maddow.... these are not news shows.

Having said that what the solution is I don't know, any goevernment regualtions would be "the cure is worse that the disease" scenario. This type of reporting is unacceptable and Ross needs to be fired immediately. The mainstream news is more about entertainment and that applies to all of them. You have Fox with a conservative slant and the rest of them with a liberal slant. This bias should be unacceptable to everyone no matter what your ideology.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
That's Meechelle..............
And you call her that....why?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:01 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
You don't seem to understand something. This is a guy who is supposed to be a professional reporter. He is supposed to be a truth seeker.

What Ross did was not an accident. No apology should be accepted. I wonder how many names he found in the area, yet decided to pick out the one that had Tea Party relations. It was no mistake that he chose that one to take to national tv.

If ABC News wanted to hold on to any integrity it may still have, they would fire Brian Ross by Monday. There is no excuse for than man did.

You can not compare a professional reporter to any opinion guy on the radio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies