Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 PM

749 posts, read 838,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
IRS's actual data. The top 25-50% of income earners, the middle class, had an effective federal income tax rate of 5.56% Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation
Taxfoundation.org eh?

Can you find a more liberal source to quote from?

If you're not completely ashamed of yourself, you oughta be.

My best friend is a tax auditor for the state of Ca, and he says you're full of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:57 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't hate the rich; I just think they should bear the same tax burden proportionally to their personal income as the rest of us in the middle / upper-middle class do.

But yes, hate is hate... and speaking of which, it would be nice to see certain conservatives finally stop hating Americans who happen to be gay by supporting discriminatory policies against them.
"The rich" already pay proportionately much more than you do. They pay more on a percentage basis and in absolute terms. They pay essentially all of the tax revenues in America.

If "the rich" pay all of the tax revenues now, why do you want them to pay more? Perhaps you should pay the same percentage as "the rich". In that way, they pay far more in absolute terms, yet everyone then has a risk and some skin in the game. When you pay essentially nothing, of course you are going to demand more and more treats from the government in exchange for your political support. It is the new Plantation system.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:58 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Taxfoundation.org eh?

Can you find a more liberal source to quote from?

If you're not completely ashamed of yourself, you oughta be.

My best friend is a tax auditor for the state of Ca, and he says you're full of it.
As has been previously noted, the Tax Foundation gets their data from the IRS. Prove that the IRS is wrong. We'll wait...

Old 07-21-2012, 07:06 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Well I'll tell ya...

I just passed a bunch of those "99%" protesters here one Highway 1 in Half Moon Bay, as I do most every weekend. For the most part, they are the same people that show up every weekend. From the looks of them, they are pretty damned worthless, lazy, and apparently pizz'd off that because they failed to apply themselves at some point in their lives, they feel compelled to whine about the fact that they're sitting on their dead @zz on a street corner, when they could have been enjoying life. A perfect use for the majority of them would be for themselves to stick the business end of that sign they're carrying, up their @zz, and rent themselves out as a human popsicle.

Otherwise, pizz on 'em.
The last to leave Occupy New Haven was a homeless guy just there for the food and accomodations.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Democrats don't hate rich people, liberals do. The problem is that the democratic party has been taken over by the far left nuts!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Well I'll tell ya...

I just passed a bunch of those "99%" protesters here one Highway 1 in Half Moon Bay, as I do most every weekend. For the most part, they are the same people that show up every weekend. From the looks of them, they are pretty damned worthless, lazy, and apparently pizz'd off that because they failed to apply themselves at some point in their lives, they feel compelled to whine about the fact that they're sitting on their dead @zz on a street corner, when they could have been enjoying life. A perfect use for the majority of them would be for themselves to stick the business end of that sign they're carrying, up their @zz, and rent themselves out as a human popsicle.

Otherwise, pizz on 'em.
Do you understand that if things aren't fixed all of us will suffer? Not just the jobless or underemployed?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
The Democratic party serves the rich, so the thread is flawed. I believe there is some anti-wealthy rhetoric, but to say the Democratic party hates the rich is really silly and naive.
It's not that they hate the rich; it's that they've made all of their followers believe they hate the rich.

- Russsell Simmons pulls up in a million dollar car to support OWS <snark>
- Kanye West wouldn't play a NYE gig for less than $1M says "it's my duty to support OWS" wearing a pair of $25,000 gold chains.
- Michael Moore shows up to help motivate the protestors. Claimed to be "humbled by these people", while in the middle of sueing his producers for $3M. He's worth about $50M making him

a Corrupted Capitalist

Vocal supporters are:
President Barack Obama
Vice President Joe Biden
Nancy Pelosi
Iran’s Supreme Leader, the Ayatollah Khamenei
The government of North Korea
Hugo Chavez
Revolutionary Guards of Iran
The Govt of North Korea
Communist Party of China
Hezbollah
Louis Farrakhan
David Duke

Think about this group of people, supporting the same thing, for a moment.

The DNC, by showering their followers with gifts (welfare, 99wk unemployment, food stamps...etc.) and stroking their ego's (we're so much smarter) while nurturing political warfare (conservatives are uneducated racist bigots) have pulled off one of the greatest scams in modern history. Now their zombies will blindly follow them off a cliff.

People 0 Hypocrisy 1

Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
I don't hate the rich; I just think they should bear the same tax burden proportionally to their personal income as the rest of us in the middle / upper-middle class do.

Looks like you bought that load of baloney!

So sad for you.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 PM

490 posts, read 650,351 times
Quote:

But yes, hate is hate... and speaking of which, it would be nice to see certain conservatives finally stop hating Americans who happen to be gay by supporting discriminatory policies against them.
Hello! Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 07-21-2012, 09:39 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Do you understand that if things aren't fixed all of us will suffer? Not just the jobless or underemployed?

That's not true. All of us will not suffer.

If the Occupiers don't want to suffer, all they have to do is get jobs and start behaving like adults.

Not enough jobs? The answer is to get rid of that idiot Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies