Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

I don't feel that the public knows the real story about the movement. Not what the movement changed to. Have any of you spoken to any actual protesters?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't feel that the public knows the real story about the movement. Not what the movement changed to. Have any of you spoken to any actual protesters?
Maybe the Occupiers should try a different method.

If they were so stupid as not to realize that camping in public places would draw even scummier people than themselves - they deserve what they got. Nothing. Nothing but a bad reputation.

A hostile takeover of America is not going to work for them. They are a bunch of idiots.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:04 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
This guy is an official Communist, I wouldn't hit the play button on that piece of trash for anything.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
The movement had no direction, was all over the board and for a short time was appealing to a younger generation wishing to create their own Woodstock.

They were dirty, left hundreds of gallons and bottle of **** everywhere without cleaning after themselves and seemed to have an GREAT SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.

Give me, give me, give me free this and that.

When they grow up they will learn of life and it will not consist of people throwing assets at them because they want them.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:46 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
The occupy movement was probably the only large movement in decades that has challenged powerful institutions. It's no surprise that they are demonized and ignored by other institutions. Eventually their message will come out, if not with them, with another similar movement

Old 07-21-2012, 03:47 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The movement had no direction, was all over the board and for a short time was appealing to a younger generation wishing to create their own Woodstock.

They were dirty, left hundreds of gallons and bottle of **** everywhere without cleaning after themselves and seemed to have an GREAT SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.

When they grow up they will learn of life and it will not consist of people throwing assets at them because they want them.
I don't think you understand what Occupy was about. You probably don't know any members, and if you did, you could count them on one hand. As Bob Dylan once said, don't criticize what you don't understand.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Maybe the Occupiers should try a different method.

If they were so stupid as not to realize that camping in public places would draw even scummier people than themselves - they deserve what they got. Nothing. Nothing but a bad reputation.

A hostile takeover of America is not going to work for them. They are a bunch of idiots.
I agree with this statement. This weekend I got to talk to a part of the protest and he agreed as well. Basically the group knew they wanted to do SOMETHING, so the camps and protests were just an immediate call to action.

Many of the downfalls posted on this board were mentioned by the protester.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Many of the protesters, who were largely white middle class, were concerned about looking after the lowest on the socio-economic totem pole. If your saying they're arguing for someone else's entitlement, you have an argument.

As far as the Woodstock comment, I assume your trying to relate them to a movement of YOUR era??

Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Same tired ole worn out message of class warfare.. ho hum..

Old 07-21-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Same tired ole worn out message of class warfare.. ho hum..
If only it was. We're failing on so many levels in this country its sad. What's more sad is those who don't even know what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies