Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 02:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Yeah, the bad guy would have been dead. He was standing.
Navy SEAL, Army Delta, Marine Recon. A vet from these units could have made the kill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
90 seconds and how many dead?
What would those local cops have done if they had been in the theater?
Hide behind the fleeing masses? I know cops that would.
Pull their weapon and start jerking the trigger? Oh I know a few of those cops too. In this case they were at the facility and were unable to prevent anything. Not their fault. In this case a stage was set. The killer was determined. A body count unavoidable. My point? The police are seldom on time to do anything but take a report.
Do you really think we have enough police to be at every movie theater and school 24/7 in case something RARE happens?????

What????

Your hatred of police and your pro-every -idiot-alive-carry-a-gun stance should be noted......

Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Yeah, in the dark theater hundreds of people would have drawn their guns and fired... And would have been far more likely to hit other bystanders rather than the guy wearing body armor who they couldn't even see clearly.

"We'd have less gun violence if only we had more guns" is just a stupid argument.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Know what's really crazy about this? The if everybody had a gun theory used to be a joke. There's an episode of Archie Bunker where Archie and his son in law Mike are arguing about gun control and the issue of guns on airplanes comes up. Archie, in typical Archie fashion, then opines that they should just give a gun to everybody on the plane and that would solve the problem. It got a big laugh

Old 07-22-2012, 03:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Sorry, wasn't an argument with Mike. The video is below

Archie Bunker on Gun Control - YouTube

Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I got my threads mixed up, the OP from another thread about the same topic.

Some guy who sees himself an alpha male

I think he's a superhero
Superheroes in their own tiny minds.

You may have the wrong thread but the same style poster.....

"I'da just sat calmly, pulled out my Big Giant Gun, and with bullets flying from 30-40 other gun totin' HEEroes, I'd a put a bullet between his eyes no matter where I was sittin' in the theeeAter....then I could be on them news shows in the mornin' and I'd be FA MOUS, and get laid!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:21 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
90 seconds and how many dead?
What would those local cops have done if they had been in the theater?
Hide behind the fleeing masses? I know cops that would.
Pull their weapon and start jerking the trigger? Oh I know a few of those cops too. In this case they were at the facility and were unable to prevent anything. Not their fault. In this case a stage was set. The killer was determined. A body count unavoidable. My point? The police are seldom on time to do anything but take a report.
90 SECONDS, most of the bad actors rounds were dispensed before that call even went out and long before the first responders could act. But you superheroes would have ided the threat and neutralized it while everyone else was still analysing the situation... Most ppl didn't realize there was a threat until they took a round themselves. Most ppl in the dark, confused by the movie, confused by what looks like a friendly SWAT member, not mentally geared to expect a real blood bath, not sitting in your Monday morning QB EASY CHAIR. In that first 90 seconds few if anyone even understood what was occuring, much less the scope of the threat. Firing at that SWAT looking player might be firing on a first responder.

Funny, us mear mortals see you superhumans flying down the road at 90 mph all the time, you're the ones that can unwind the events leading to those high speed collisions before they occur.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Do you really think we have enough police to be at every movie theater and school 24/7 in case something RARE happens?????

What????

Your hatred of police and your pro-every -idiot-alive-carry-a-gun stance should be noted......
Hatred of police? Not at all, but neither do I look at them as equal to a well trained soldier. They are average people who have a badge and a gun. They have no skill advantage over the average shooter. That is reality.
Pro every idiot carry a gun? Never made such a claim never had such a notion. I dont even carry most of the time. Only to the range or bringing a weapon home.

You can feel free to depend on 911. I never said you shouldn't. Read my post 14 it says it all.
But I myself shoot with cops. I call many friend. I also know that most barely know their weapons.
I already have posted links about how the cops around where I live shoot. 5 cops over 40 rounds fired later determined to be over 60 at a target less than 5 yards away....
He had a chainsaw and they were in full panic. Why? because most cops are not combat vets. Most cops have the minimum of training. Most cops are not selected because they are the best.
Feel free to rant.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Superheroes in their own tiny minds.

You may have the wrong thread but the same style poster.....

"I'da just sat calmly, pulled out my Big Giant Gun, and with bullets flying from 30-40 other gun totin' HEEroes, I'd a put a bullet between his eyes no matter where I was sittin' in the theeeAter....then I could be on them news shows in the mornin' and I'd be FA MOUS, and get laid!!!
Please provide the post where that was said.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
90 SECONDS, most of the bad actors rounds were dispensed before that call even went out and long before the first responders could act. But you superheroes would have ided the threat and neutralized it while everyone else was still analysing the situation... Most ppl didn't realize there was a threat until they took a round themselves. Most ppl in the dark, confused by the movie, confused by what looks like a friendly SWAT member, not mentally geared to expect a real blood bath, not sitting in your Monday morning QB EASY CHAIR. In that first 90 seconds few if anyone even understood what was occuring, much less the scope of the threat. Firing at that SWAT looking player might be firing on a first responder.

Funny, us mear mortals see you superhumans flying down the road at 90 mph all the time, you're the ones that can unwind the events leading to those high speed collisions before they occur.
The only thing funny is that first your focus was the shooters body armor. When it was pounted out that Body armor only stops penetration you changed focus to it was dark. It was dark and yet the projector is pointed down at the screen. The most light in a theater is in the front.

My dog in this fight started with people claiming he was invulnerable due to body armor. The body armor thing is a myth that has been busted too many tmes to count.
Someone claimed a head shot wouldnt work because the shooter wore a helmet. A helmet makes a big target. A 45 might break his neck if he were hit in the head. Shooting a target 15 inches in diameter may be tough for some but not someone with valid military training.
Then someone said derr darrr most gun fights go for center mass not heads. No duh. Never said otherwise. I was countering the idea that a hemet made it so he couldnt be stopped.
Everything about that scum bag made him easy enough to stop.
90 mph you have seen me drive 90mph ? You have a picture to prove this?
Someone brought up the hollywood bank robbers and claimed that the cops were using 45's and shot guns. If they had been using 45's the thugs would have went down. The cops were using as I posted 38's and 9mm. I was actually generous and said 40 cals too. Cops like magazine capacity. Ask them they will tell you this. I shoot with them, hell they come to my house because I have a good range on my property. I am not anit cop, far from it. But I am a realist. Cops are not every where and even when they are there they are not prepared for a gun fight.
But hey deflect away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies