Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you have to be a long range shooter to be an expert marksman?

WOW, just maybe you may want to take your own advice, listen and learn....
A marksman is a person who is skilled in precision, or a sharpshooter shooting,[1] using projectile weapons, such as with a rifle but most commonly with a designated marksman rifle and/or a sniper rifle, to shoot at long range targets. The main difference between a marksman and a normal sniper is that a marksman is usually considered an organic part of a team of soldiers, whereas regular snipers tend to work alone or with other snipers. In the military, marksmen are sometimes attached to an infantry squad where they take accurate long-range shots at valuable targets as needed, thus extending the reach of the squad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Please read post #318 for a bunch of the links refuting your claim him being clad in body armour is BS.
He was not wearing body armor. There is no evidence to suggest he was. The only evidence is that of a tactical vest that is not bullet resistant. Cost was $100 and change.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And the news today confirmed at least one patron was. He had his gun in his backpack where it could be "assumed" he would have reasonable access to it because his backback would not be on his back in the theater but probably at his feet or on th seat beside him.

As to the mental acruity of some gun owners: why would this guy admit to being armed yet doing absolutley nothing? I guess unlike those on here, he had neither the training, skill set or balls to even remember he was carrying until it was all over. Wonder if he was the only one armed or just the only one stupid enought to admit it.

Yep; these gun toters sure are preventing a lot of crime alrighty!
This one did and in a packed church against a guy toting an assault weapon and a thousand rounds of ammo and in the very same state five years ago and saved many lives in the process. I noticed you gun grabbers didn't even comment on this earlier because it doesn't fit your little world where guns are all evil and so is anyone who has one. It is quite sickening as someone pointed out earlier how easily some just want to hand over their rights to the government.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...80/detail.html

Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
He was not wearing body armor. There is no evidence to suggest he was. The only evidence is that of a tactical vest that is not bullet resistant. Cost was $100 and change.
Now it goes from body armour to a vest? Hell the way the gun kooks were squealing he was iron man in there and no amount of lead tossed his way would have made any difference. The more actual news that comes out the more ridiculous these "it wouldn't have mattered if anybody had a gun" folks appear. Useful idiots as Marx called em.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
A marksman is a person who is skilled in precision, or a sharpshooter shooting,[1] using projectile weapons, such as with a rifle but most commonly with a designated marksman rifle and/or a sniper rifle, to shoot at long range targets. The main difference between a marksman and a normal sniper is that a marksman is usually considered an organic part of a team of soldiers, whereas regular snipers tend to work alone or with other snipers. In the military, marksmen are sometimes attached to an infantry squad where they take accurate long-range shots at valuable targets as needed, thus extending the reach of the squad
Did you write this for wiki too or just cut and paste??

Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Did you write this for wiki too or just cut and paste??
Just cut and paste for the less informed.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Just cut and paste for the less informed.
You should also provide a source for the uninformed too.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now it goes from body armour to a vest? Hell the way the gun kooks were squealing he was iron man in there and no amount of lead tossed his way would have made any difference. The more actual news that comes out the more ridiculous these "it wouldn't have mattered if anybody had a gun" folks appear. Useful idiots as Marx called em.
He was actually a cyborg terminator sent from the future to destroy mankind. It was impossible for a CCW holder to throw him off his plans. After all, he's a cyborg and no amount of reciprocating gunfire was going to change his psychology. Just lucky that the cops were there or the entire theater would've been destroyed.

The media will keep playing up the body armor and tear gas bent. It makes it seem like it was impossible for a CCWer to do anything but let the guy finish his job or for police to arrive. Considering the amount of errors the press has been making, they can continue to say "body armor" all they want. The receipt for $100+change tells all.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 PM

Anyone who doubts the media and their agenda driven bias need look no further than this case. I thought the crap they did with that martin case and editing the call was pretty bad but this is as worse. Problem is people hear it and believe it all. They are mindless drones as proven out in this thread.

Now this is pretty bad but I have the TV on in the background on the local channel and the news preview thing comes on for tonights jibberish and I hear the guy say can parents protect their children better than the police see tonight at five.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
A complete and utter lie. There is no way to know that nobody would have stopped him. You may be a chicken and would never risk your life to protect others, but there are plenty, if armed that would have shot him if armed.

People panicked because they were helpless. Because they were unarmed.

Please enlighten me how you could have stopped with with anything other than a gun?
People could have rushed him. Maybe someone could have tackled him. Maybe someone could have karate kicked him. I don't know...I don't have hero fantasies.

"There is no way to know...." is exactly right. Fantasy is all we have to debate about because it's more fun than just facing what happened. I don't think everyone with a gun has these fantasies and I don't think everyone with a gun can rise to the occasion and become a hero or take charge or even keep a steady hand under fire. I think plenty of people with guns are "chicken" as you say and have no desire to act in a situation like this. In fact I think some studies have been done proving that. Those are just facts you can't dispute.

We can come up with scenarios where this guy could have been stopped or taken out before he shot so many people, but we can come up with scenarios for worse things happening too. Basically what I'm saying is that it's not a simple matter of letting more people have guns in more places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies