Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Well we do know what happened when nobody did step up. We also know what happened at the church in colorado when somebody did step up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well we do know what happened when nobody did step up. We also know what happened at the church in colorado when somebody did step up.
That's becasue it's about the people involved and how they react and the opportunity to even do so. Gun or not.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People could have rushed him. Maybe someone could have tackled him. Maybe someone could have karate kicked him. I don't know...I don't have hero fantasies.
I have a feeling you're kind of serious about this. I wish there were some stats on survival rate of people tackling an armed man vs. someone with some firearm training shooting at armed man.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Do you even know what an Expert Marksman is? They shoot at long range targets much like a sniper. Only difference is a sniper usually works alone where a marksman works in a group. The majority of anti-gun people know absolutely nothing about firearms or how to properly use them. I usually try not to comment on things I know very little about. Listen and learn.

Plus there is a thing called a laser light, makes hitting your target much easier. Now I must get back to my video game before mommy calls me up for lunch.

Actually I do, since I was awarded the "marksman" ribbon twice in my military career with a M16. this might not seem much to someone who was in the army or marines, but for someone who was in the USAF medical corp it does. Now back to the point that I was making. A "sniper" would be useless in a crowded theater as well as a marksman in the dark and smoky room full of running and screaming people. Btw, if someone else had a gun and was trying to aim it at the shooter how would anyone else know that they are not with the shooter?

Come to think of it who in the hell goes to the movies with a freaking laser scope on their handgun?

Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

Come to think of it who in the hell goes to the movies with a freaking laser scope on their handgun?
A laser is affixed to my CCW, so I guess I would be one of them.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Crimson laser grips

Old 07-24-2012, 01:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
A laser is affixed to my CCW, so I guess I would be one of them.
And you habitually attend the movies with that? Please tell us all what are you afraid of?

Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
And you habitually attend the movies with that? Please tell us all what are you afraid of?
Maybe a guy walking in the escape exit and opening up on the entire theater with an AR15? Na that could never happen could it.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That's becasue it's about the people involved and how they react and the opportunity to even do so. Gun or not.
Well your chances go way up if you are able to meet force with the same force. Charging a person from the front who is shooting at everything moving you won't have much of a chance and best be low crawling off to the corner. You are trying to change the argument into we don't know what anyone would do. Nobody is disagreeing but the choice is taken away when you have nothing to do anything with.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:05 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Is this a serious question ?!? I don't leave the house without my carry weapon, and the few times I can't carry, I feel naked without it. Who do you trust with protecting you and your families lives ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies