Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 03:40 PM

121 posts, read 199,199 times

Advertisements

I have an idea. Maybe don't run from the cops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGolfer View Post
I have an idea. Maybe don't run from the cops?
Those that have criminal pasts and possibly outstanding warrants don't always abide by that rule.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You don't run from the cops unless you're guilty.
Simplistic and ignorant post of the day.

There are plenty of reasons to run from the cops - they are not your friends - they are armed and dangerous, and a threat to the community.

I have been asked by cops on patrol to stop walking and I ignored them - not because I was "guilty" but because I wished to be left alone. Some were honorable and realized that they had no business detaining me - others were pricks who got "offended" by me blowing them off.

Do something good for the country - never call the cops, elect county and city officials who will cut law enforcement budgets, and record the cops anytime you can. I used to observe contacts, write down information - including identification of the officer involved - and would interview the cop if something did not result in an arrest - and ask them to justify their actions - and make sure they knew that they were being watched.

Next - I am going to print up sheets that outline people's constitutional rights and hand them out to people being detained - they should at the very least know to never talk to the police and to not give consent to a search of their person or belongings. Always ask for an attorney if the cops want to talk to you for any reason - and keep your mouth shut unless an attorney is present.

When nobody polices the police - tyranny blossoms.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your bias is showing, as is your reading comprehension. The story said: "More than 600 demonstrators gathered at City Hall..." not in their own neighborhood.

Have the police stop white kids in high income suburbs and you will certainly see protests too. The difference is that poor people have no power and don't get noticed unless they break a window. Do you really think this would have gotten national attention had they just written a strongly worded letter?
The only message the rioters sent was they're idiots.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:15 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Simplistic and ignorant post of the day

There are plenty of reasons to run from the cops - they are not your friends - they are armed and dangerous, and a threat to the community.

I agree, very ignorant.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Productive? You mean selling drugs on the corner?
They wouldn't be selling drugs on the corner if drugs were legalized, so no.

Try again - you strike me as somewhat intelligent - I'm sure you can figure out what I mean by productive.

Do you consider yourself productive? Yes? Do you sell stuff on corners? No. OK - picture what you do as a productive member of society and start from that point.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I agree, very ignorant.
Sigh, since your reading comprehension skills apparently need some work - I will restate this:

Simplistic and ignorant post of the day (below):

Quote:
You don't run from the cops unless you're guilty.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Yes I heard the same when I had on Tim Conway's show, Steve Gregory was on live at the scene last night.
"Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss Sir!"

"Five great dealers under one roof, Riverside Metro Auto Group".

"What the hell did Jesse Jackson say?"

(sorry - if you don't live in southern California or listen to KFI after 6 P.M., you won't understand).

Old 07-25-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Also, please note that blacks are sentenced much more harshly in the criminal justice system than any other demographic. My husband had a white teammate in high school who killed someone in his 20s in a robbery and got only 10 years in prison. My husband also has a cousin who was an "accessory" (meaning he had no weapon, he was just in the car) to an armed robbery in which someone was killed when he was 16 and he got 25 to life and has been in jail now nearly 20 years. The white guy went in after him, yet got out before the black cousin even though the black cousin didn't even kill anyone.

There are documented prejudices involved in sentencing in the country you know.
I think your husband needs to pick better friends.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

"What the hell did Jesse Jackson say?"
I'm half waiting for Jesse Jackson to show up at Harbor and Lincoln. Everyone else and his brother has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies