Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM

119 posts, read 99,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
You're not wrong. The bashing of Black people in general on this forum is beyond nauseating. Amazing how the fact that the majority of serial killers, rapists and child molesters throughout the history of this country are White is always being down played on this forum.
HOW IS IT BASHING BLACK WOMEN, TO SUGGEST THAT THEY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR OWN BODIES; PERHAPS USE BIRTH CONTROL? TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS?
IF A WHITE WOMAN HAS SEVERAL CHILDREN WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT MEN, SHE'S CONSIDERED, BY HER RACE, TO BE A ****. A BLACK WOMAN DOES THE SAME AND SHE SOMEHOW DESERVES "ASSISTANCE" FROM THE SOCIETY THAT CAUSED THIS INJUSTICE? SHE CAN THEN DO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. SOMEONE HAS TO BREAK THE SAUSAGE FACTORY EFFECT AND UNLESS THESE WOMEN ARE BEING RAPED, IT SHOULDN'T/ISN'T GOING TO BE, SOCIETY AS A WHOLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 12:36 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that it is oversimplistic to state that if Michelle Obama isn't tackling XYZ issue that it means that she isn't interested.

It really is not a "fair" argument to make. That would be the same as saying Laura Bush didn't care about the White community because she didn't tackle the meth epidemic or the White underclass trailer park culture during her husband's presidency.

She is not the First Lady of Black folks, she is the First Lady of the United States of America. And personally I am glad that she is focusing on childhood obesity and healthier eating because it is the root of many of America's major problems. And yet she got a backlash from the Twinkie brigade over that as well.
ITA with you and was happy to see that Michelle focused on obesity as well. It is something that affects all demographics in our country, the same as out of wedlock birth I might add. And I will also add that black people are more likely to be obese so in a way she is tackling black issues with her campaign against childhood obesity. I'd rather a girl have a child OOW than have a heart attack due to being fat at 16. I knew a girl this happened to and she died, only 16 from a heart attack due to being obese.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogini_g View Post
HOW IS IT BASHING BLACK WOMEN, TO SUGGEST THAT THEY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR OWN BODIES; PERHAPS USE BIRTH CONTROL? TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS?
IF A WHITE WOMAN HAS SEVERAL CHILDREN WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT MEN, SHE'S CONSIDERED, BY HER RACE, TO BE A ****. A BLACK WOMAN DOES THE SAME AND SHE SOMEHOW DESERVES "ASSISTANCE" FROM THE SOCIETY THAT CAUSED THIS INJUSTICE? SHE CAN THEN DO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. SOMEONE HAS TO BREAK THE SAUSAGE FACTORY EFFECT AND UNLESS THESE WOMEN ARE BEING RAPED, IT SHOULDN'T/ISN'T GOING TO BE, SOCIETY AS A WHOLE
Newsflash....both mothers in your scenario are probably on assistance. And who said that many in the black race aren't critical of that black woman's decisions?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Newsflash....both mothers in your scenario are probably on assistance. And who said that many in the black race aren't critical of that black woman's decisions?
I think that poster is a new stormfronter. He/she has revived another "black" thread already and probably will do all the most recent ones. Probably just did a forum search for "black" lol!

We should ignore him/her.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Sorry, not a newsflash for me....quite aware of the fact that both can be a part of the lower class and in need of government assistance. Just as I'm quite aware, from having discussions with both blacks and whites, that the black women with four children/four baby daddies are not stigmatized nearly as much as a white woman in the same situation.
I notice that you haven't addressed the issue of birth control.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think that poster is a new stormfronter. He/she has revived another "black" thread already and probably will do all the most recent ones. Probably just did a forum search for "black" lol!

Heaven forbid anyone (especially a white person) criticizes the behavior of a black person. That automatically equals racisist......yes, you should ignore me, just blame it on society and in another 200 years not a thing will have changed.

PS Still waiting to hear excuses about birth control.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
One solution would be to sterilize single mothers on welfare (of all races) so that they don't have any more children they can't afford.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Gotcha. I would say that their fascination with black people is flattering, but at this point, it's just creepy. Yes, we get it, black people are the sh*t, now move on with your day.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
One solution would be to sterilize single mothers on welfare (of all races) so that they don't have any more children they can't afford.
This is going to sound terrible, but I have no problem with the concept of requiring single mothers to use birth control while they're on the dole.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
That would infringe on human rights. We take a license away from a drunk driver, freedom from a killer but fertility from (even abusive) mothers is never going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies