Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:58 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The problem is sooo complicated. Most black women that are in that position grow bitter towards men. Rejection by suitable mates in our society can leave long lasting scars that are passed on from mother to daughter and granddaughter . its traumatic. Marriage is a civil contract with many many many perks financially. The sad fact is that the majority of law abiding , educated or with a vocation single males place black women on the bottom of the list to marry. There are plenty of complex reasons for this. The biggest reason I feel is the competition from suitable females ofnother races. Their families prepare them for marriage from the cradle.... Blck women coming from broken families are I'll prepared to compete for eligible suitors....
Race and Attraction, 2009 – 2014 « OkTrends

Online dating app reveals how race matters in romance | Daily Mail Online

Racial Preferences in Dating

These and other studies have shown that black women prefer black men to all other races. So, not only are some men not interested in black women, but black women are not interested in other races of men as either. Combine those two and you have a recipe for disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 01:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The problem is sooo complicated. Most black women that are in that position grow bitter towards men. Rejection by suitable mates in our society can leave long lasting scars that are passed on from mother to daughter and granddaughter . its traumatic. Marriage is a civil contract with many many many perks financially. The sad fact is that the majority of law abiding , educated or with a vocation single males place black women on the bottom of the list to marry. There are plenty of complex reasons for this. The biggest reason I feel is the competition from suitable females ofnother races. Their families prepare them for marriage from the cradle.... Blck women coming from broken families are I'll prepared to compete for eligible suitors....

We are supposed to look before we leap right?

Here in California there are lots of mixed marriages and I see lots of whites with blacks together.
There are lots of hot black men and women and I do not think there is some bottom of a list for anyone seeking a suitable mate. I think those looking for something less will get trouble.
I myself am in a mixed marriage and we had out child AFTER MARRIAGE.

Just had our 8th anniversary. :-)

Old 08-27-2015, 01:15 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post

These and other studies have shown that black women prefer black men to all other races. So, not only are some men not interested in black women, but black women are not interested in other races of men as either. Combine those two and you have a recipe for disaster.
I agree with you.... It puts black women at a huge disadvantage . i don't even need to see the stats. I see it every day.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:17 PM

Congrats RCCB. I agree. Look before you leap. VET your potential mate. Black women have a tough time with the vetting process..

Old 08-27-2015, 01:22 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
The culture definitely needs to change, and the government won't be much help. I think one problem is that anyone who criticizes single mothers or blacks runs the risk of being called insensitive or racist, even if they're trying to help. The mainstream doesn't understand nuanced points. They just see criticism.

What needs to happen is the black community needs to admit that there's a problem and start making it socially unacceptable to be a single mother. The family-oriented African-Americans need to stand up to the ones who are glorifying this lifestyle and taking the responsibility off of the mothers for their choice in men, the fathers for their abandonment, and both for their irresponsibility. That goes for all people, but especially the black community with how rampant it is. I really hope it happens because it will solve a huge amount of problems in our society.
That would not merely pit "the black community" against the phenomenon of unwed motherhood, it would also pit the black community against the Women's Liberation lobby.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure the interest of black women in other races is not a matter of being socialized to believe they have no other choice.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:26 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm not sure the interest of black women in other races is not a matter of being socialized to believe they have no other choice.
Yes, socialized by their black Mom's and other black people.

Self-inflicted, happens a lot in many cases.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:31 PM

That I agree with. I have seen ivy educated black woman with good looks and fitness without suitors because of their lower class upbringing and family. The man's first trip to the projects to visit her mom will prob be his last. This world is cruel.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, socialized by their black Mom's and other black people.

Self-inflicted, happens a lot in many cases.
My daughter is 28 and single. She has two degrees, no children, and no current romantic interests. She's open to "marrying out" but darned few Texas white men of any decent prospects are interested in taking her home to meet Mom. Darned few Illinois white men were interested, either. How does she make that happen?

Old 08-27-2015, 01:53 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
If you looked at people that are incarcerated in the US for violent crimes, a vast majority are black. Also, a vast, vast majority are from single mothers. A vast majority of those single moms also have multiple children from multiple men.

Do you see a problem or a pattern? I do.
\

FYI, crime has decreased as the OOW birthrates in all demographics have risen. There is no direct relationship between OOW and crime. If it was, crime would have increased since the 1970s instead of decreasing rapidly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Where and when did this begin?
Now the monitors here might find looking at how this happened to be "Off Topic" but the SOURCE is the reason we have this article here, and is directly related to all these single mother homes eventually hitting all races.

Answer to how this started:
President Johnson and the Great Society welfare programs.
Did you know before Johnson after slavery and through the KKK times that most blacks were in married families and were mostly Republicans?

President Johnson saw the writing on the wall because the Republicans were pushing Civil Rights several times and the Democrats voted it down. So Johnson basically gave them thirty pieces of silver to vote Democrat and he did it by one of the first Government Santa Clause programs ever WELFARE.

In the last few years there was a release of actual Oval Office conversations regarding welfare and blacks where Johnson says in recordings (and you can hear it for yourself) about giving the N words welfare so they would vote Democrat the next 200 years.

A case could be made that these levels of single motherhood and the destruction of the black two parent home goes back directly to Johnson's programs and welfare.

The next bigger question, so now what?
LOL at the above!!

did you know that after slavery and "through the KKK times" that there were more black people in poverty and and pretty much equal amount of black people in prison and on chain gangs versus today!!

LOL.

Some of the things you people say around here are just ridiculous. As if black people were better off between "after slavery" and "through the KKK times" (just lol I can't stop giggling about that one) than today just because more people were married.

FYI, the OOW birthrate after slavery and through the 1950s was 3-5 times greater for blacks than whites. Today the OOW birthrate is only 2 times as great as whites.

And again, OOW births does not mean that children are growing up without fathers nor does it have a direct correlation to crime rates. Crime has decreased as OOW births have increased in all demographics in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies