Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

What goes around, comes around.

There is justice in the universe.

No one has impunity.

Taken a step further lets let the higher power make the ultimate judgement calls and not a bunch keyboard commandos trying to make political points out of embellished hearsay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT
Please forgive my callousness - I forgot how much more valuable an American life is than a Pakistani's.
We are all equal...... WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN PAKISTAN WITH THESE DRONES IS DISGUSTING AND PURE EVIL!!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

We are all equal...... WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN PAKISTAN WITH THESE DRONES IS DISGUSTING AND PURE EVIL!!!!

You want equality ?

Just wait until they turn those drones on the American people.

It won't be just the local police who have the wrong address.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Yes I know i was gonna add that to my reply but didnt....

THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US EVEN BUD!!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,438,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
There are over 7,ooo,ooo,ooo people in the world. Over 155,ooo die every day. I love my immediate family
more than almost every one plus a few close friends. Then it depends on who I know, where they are, what
country, etc. God Bless you if you really mourn 155,ooo people every night.
What a twisted and sick way to "genetically modify" morality.

Just because you love your family more than you love others, and just because you do not mourn for every person that dies somewhere every minute, for a variety of causes (many of them natural), does not mean you should approve or even encourage actions that would lead to the death of people far away, simply because those people are not your own kid or some other family member, and simply because they are far enough away for your brain to cease functioning.

Perhaps your little wooden mind might want to try imagine how a family member of those you are killing with your acquiescing and approval, will feel when they see their dead.
It's called empathy ans humanity.
It's called being able to put yourself in the shoes of others.
It is a normal part of psychological development in humans and if you do not have it, you are clearly mentally defect.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,438,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAYAYO View Post
Your friend in the army is a piece of garbage and it would be real nice if he became collateral damage, we need less people like him on this earth.
Do they matter as much to God, of course! They are beautiful, innocent children of the lords regardless of there religious beliefs. They were created in his image and he loves them. Do they matter as much as Americans to us? Of course not, we are Americans, we are selfish, and they are poor and live in a third world country. On top of that our media has most of us believing all Pakistani children have bombs strapped to them. This world is fallen and cold.
So sad to see drops of light in an ocean of putrefaction...

Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
What a twisted and sick way to "genetically modify" morality.

Just because you love your family more than you love others, and just because you do not mourn for every person that dies somewhere every minute, for a variety of causes (many of them natural), does not mean you should approve (never said that) or even encourage actions that would lead to the death of people far away(never said that), simply because those people are not your own kid or some other family member, and simply because they are far enough away for your brain to cease functioning(never said that).

Perhaps your little wooden mind (personal attack) might want to try imagine how a family member of those you are killing (never killed anyone) with your acquiescing and approval(never said that), will feel when they see their dead.
It's called empathy ans humanity.
It's called being able to put yourself in the shoes of others.
It is a normal part of psychological development in humans and if you do not have it, you are clearly mentally defect (personal attack).
Show me where I said any of those things. You are delusional. Please read my posts,
and stop putting words in my mouth.

Just for your edification, I coach youth sports, and volunteer over 400 hours every year
to my community. Besides your pontification on here, do you actually DO anything for
your fellow man?

Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Not to belittle what happened in Colorado - but with the day in/ day out coverage dedicated to the 12 who died, and the visit by president Obama - has he ever said so much as a word about the innocents killed by drone strikes? Has the media ever so much as mentioned it? Do they know how 'terrorists' get created?

Please forgive my callousness - I forgot how much more valuable an American life is than a Pakistani's.

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/08/12

US Drones Killing Children in Pakistan: One Reporter's Story | | AlterNet

Children killed in Drone attacks in Pakistan.flv - YouTube
Not if you're an obama supporter.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
If another country bombed us we would retailiate. We should not be surprised when others take the same position we do.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Not to belittle what happened in Colorado - but with the day in/ day out coverage dedicated to the 12 who died, and the visit by president Obama - has he ever said so much as a word about the innocents killed by drone strikes? Has the media ever so much as mentioned it? Do they know how 'terrorists' get created?

Why would they count?
They're brown and what's known as "collateral damage".

< /bleak reality >
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies