Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no they wont. they will try, but the various boards that the fed will set up will prevent things like that from happening through increased regulations. obamacare was designed to force the insurance companies OUT of the health insurance markets so that the federal government could make the case that they need to step in and run health care for the country on a single payer system, and when that happens we are ALL screwed, blued, and tattooed.
You seem to be forgetting that the ACA is already dead. The administration is simply ignoring the law and just making it up as they go. Whoever lobbies best will get what they want, the rest of us are screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 08:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The idea went nowhere, for good reason.
Progressives have pushed for this for scores, the Democrats passed it under less than honorable methods all by themselves and now own it.

The people shouted from the rooftops, "We don't want it!". It was crammed down their throats anyway without regard to the wishes of the people.

Let it hang like a millstone around Obama's neck this November.
That is the problem. When you have Pelosi staying pass it to see what is inside. What a crock of ****. Laws should be open so we can criticize what is inside and work on it to make it a better potential law. Passing it to find out what it's inside of it, is just an example of why we declared our independence from Great Britain in 1776.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It's something I don't understand: the Repubs work for the rich and the rich includes Health Care Insurance congomerates. ObamaCarewill make billions for them when the mandate is enacted. Far as the conditions they had to agree to i.e. insuring people with pre-medical conditions--these are easily gotten around with loopholes. Yet the Repubs in the House are working furiously to overturn the ACA. So why aren't the CEO's communicating with their lapdogs in Congress, "Shut your yaps and leave our windfall alone!"

Ever wonder why so many Goldman Sachs people are in this current administration?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is the problem. When you have Pelosi staying pass it to see what is inside. What a crock of ****. Laws should be open so we can criticize what is inside and work on it to make it a better potential law. Passing it to find out what it's inside of it, is just an example of why we declared our independence from Great Britain in 1776.

Remember Obama's claim of Bills being reviewed by the public for a time before signing them into Law?

Where did that promise go?
Nowhere it seems.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You seem to be forgetting that the ACA is already dead. The administration is simply ignoring the law and just making it up as they go. Whoever lobbies best will get what they want, the rest of us are screwed.

But.....but....it's the "Law of the Land" I heard Pelosi say.

You mean to tell me that the Administration is not following the Law?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:

It's not even a question.

Every exemption, delay, etc, are gross violations of law.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 PM

241 posts, read 245,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Republicans are not only for the "rich"....they are for Freedom and personal responsibility......and our constitution. They are for the people.

The healthcare bill will bankrupt this country...there is simply not enough money to pay for it. We need other solutions to the rising COSTS of healthcare. We HAVE great providers and treatments...it's the COST of it that's the problem! I maintain that if they charged reasonable prices, more folks could actually PAY for their care....even without insurance! There's no reason that an MRI should cost thousands of dollars.....(yes, I know the machine is expensive, but they use it so much, it's paid for in the 1st couple of months!!)...few can come up with $3500 out of pocket. Make the COST of treatments more reasonable, and more could pay, and they would be able to charge less, since everything is being paid for.
Right now, the mentality is that no one wants to pay a dime for seeing a doctor.....and that's just wrong.
ohh yeah them damn mri scans are crazy ridiculous. you would think there would be a discount for the big dose of radiation that comes with it.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:

Yes they are and all Americans ought to be up in arms about it.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Remember Obama's claim of Bills being reviewed by the public for a time before signing them into Law?

Where did that promise go?
Nowhere it seems.
Putting on my "blind liberal" hat, he promised transparency but didn't know the realities that exist. In all reality, I knew that was BS back in 2008. Maybe the "death panels" were BS too but it is more believable than someone saying they want transparency in politics. Somethings should not be open to the public for their own good. Case in point, war. Look at our views on wars before Vietnam and after. World War 1 and 2 were romanticized in history (even though we had the mustard gas and POWs being forced into work camps) but yet Vietnam we saw war on television and all of a sudden people are anti-war? Coincidence or correlation and causation, you decide.

Quote:
So were the Stamp Act, Townsend Act, Tea Tax and Intolerable Acts levied by Britain in the 1760's and 1770's. The difference then, we had taxation without representation. This time, we had representation, but we also had to encourage congress to pass the bill just to see what we had to do as apart of the conditions of the ACA. Basically led to the same end result.

Quote:
In someways, they don't follow laws. Look at the unfair parts of it like exemptions to Congress (and their staff.) Not the first time congress gets special treatment from jobs, wont be the last either.

Quote:

If the laws were rectified in congress they aren't, the law wasn't. It was "executive actions."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies