Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What is quite clear to me is" you are nothing but a political hack. 80 pages of discussion and you are the ONLY one who brought up a political party.

Obey the TOS and either stay on topic or go back to your mother's basement.
What is quite clear to me is that you prefer not to focus on the specially-worded language Republicans use for all these things, which have allowed them to give Republican meanings to everything, including Republican ideology such as, "retirees are stealing my money."

As for your personal insult, you can keep your insults. TOS rules do not permit personal insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Any idea why you think they would do this? And please try to come up with an intelligent response.
Any intelligent response would be over your head because you can't ask a question without a juvunile insult.

But, I'll give it 1 try.

Why do you think I am wrong?

What is YOUR experience with this issue?

I will tell you mine.

I WORKED in the ghettos, slums, Housing Projects in the worse section of Washington, D.C. with a liquor stor on every corner and NEVER a loss for customers.

I worked in the houses of these leaches.

I saw it FIRST hand.

I saw how they scammed the system.

I could tell you stories that would make you throw up. From **** roaches walking right through their plate and they wait until it is gone and then continue eating. To throwing sh.t filled diapers on the floor because they were to lazy to get up. To women being so drunk on Sunday morning they forget to put clothes on and being stark naked on when opening the door.

Now it is your turn to enlighten all of us on your vast experience on the issue.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Ok. How about this. No tax increases to pay for your health insurance or retirement. You can only get what is collected, no more and no less. No more UNFUNDED entitlements like medicare part B. For your health insurance you can only get a voucher that lets you buy insurance on the open market.

If you are paying for your own retirement then I'd bet you are part of a very small segment of the senior population.

Why should I be concerned that YOU failed to provide for your own retirement? It is YOUR choice to retire and if YOU can't then don't.

Go work at McDonald's, Walmart, etc.

Notice a disconnect here? Of course you don't...

You are right, I DON'T understand what you are trying to say.

I wish Social Security had NEVER been created. I would be ecstatic to get back every penny I and my employer put in to be adjusted for inflation, with NO taxes taken out. Remember originally, you didn't pay taxes on your SS income. You should NOT have to pay taxes on getting your OWN money back.

I support a total revamp of SS to, 1, ensure it is solvent for future retirees and 2. to ensure those that pay into it get it back.

I was NEVER for medicare Part b so I don;t know where you are coming from.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Any intelligent response would be over your head because you can't ask a question without a juvunile insult.

But, I'll give it 1 try.

Why do you think I am wrong?

What is YOUR experience with this issue?

I will tell you mine.

I WORKED in the ghettos, slums, Housing Projects in the worse section of Washington, D.C.

I worked in the houses of these leaches.

I saw it FIRST hand.

I saw how they scammed the system.

I could tell you stories that would make you throw up. From **** roaches walking right through their plate and they wait until it is gone and then continue eating. To throwing sh.t filled diapers on the floor because they were to lazy to get up. To women being so drunk on Sunday morning they forget to put clothes on and being stark naked on when opening the door.

Now it is your turn to enlighten all of us on your vast experience on the issue.
Agreed

I owned a house near Union Station on 9th for several years. It was a very nice four story brick. The people all around were unemployed dirt balls. We, as Midwesterners, actually going in there and working on the place, as we would do at home, was considered very odd. NO ONE maintained their place! It was like we had walked into a different planet, totally unlike our own.

Yes, there is a big difference between you and us. We are the Americans that used to be and you are the Americans we have become. We look upon you with disgust and disbelief. We are the residents, you are just bad tenents.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What part of "average 401K balance" did you not get ?
Man, you sure don't live up to your forum name.

I wasn't questioning your post just asking a clarifying question based on the thread title.

If you don't want to answer civil questions, just ignore them. It won't hurt my feelings.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What is quite clear to me is that you prefer not to focus on the specially-worded language Republicans use for all these things, which have allowed them to give Republican meanings to everything, including Republican ideology such as, "retirees are stealing my money."

As for your personal insult, you can keep your insults. TOS rules do not permit personal insults.
You are correct, I do NOT want to talk about either party when we are talking about how much money people have saved. politics has NOTHING to do with it.

STAY ON TOPIC.

As far as insults remember you drew first blood.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Man, you sure don't live up to your forum name.

I wasn't questioning your post just asking a clarifying question based on the thread title.

If you don't want to answer civil questions, just ignore them. It won't hurt my feelings.
But you quoted my post which had the link to the "Average 401K balance".
If you were questioning the OP then why quote me and direct that question to me ?

Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
You are right, I DON'T understand what you are trying to say.

I wish Social Security had NEVER been created. I would be ecstatic to get back every penny I and my employer put in to be adjusted for inflation, with NO taxes taken out. Remember originally, you didn't pay taxes on your SS income. You should NOT have to pay taxes on getting your OWN money back.

I support a total revamp of SS to, 1, ensure it is solvent for future retirees and 2. to ensure those that pay into it get it back.

I was NEVER for medicare Part b so I don;t know where you are coming from.
My point was that the largest issues facing younger workers is the fact that

A. SS/medicare doesn't collect enough to pay out promised benefits.
B. That taxes will have to go up on workers to pay said benefits.
C. We cannot count on SS/medicare so we have to fund our own.
D. While we can expect higher taxes to pay for SS/medicare we also have to pay for our own education.
E. Stagnate wages and a slow economy are secondary issues.
F. Switching countries might be in the best interest of younger workers.

Quote:
The biggest issue facing the younger generation(s) is the fact that we have to pay for the boomers retirement and health insurance while paying for our own and our own education. We can still move. We can still emigrate. If I was in a bad position and had no way out I would go to Australia and go to trade school. Their tradies make $$$$$, the country has almost no debt, they just found a huge oil reserve, etc. I might end up moving there anyway, but the cost of living even if you make $100K is still very high...

Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The average 401K balance by those 55 and older is $143K.
That's a lot over $30K but still nowhere near a nest egg to retire on.

This chart has group breakdowns and average balance. A much more accurate picture.
The chart is from Fidelity.

Average 401(k) account balance by age group - Chart of The Day - Pensions & Investments
How many people have a fidelity 401K? How many people have a 401K or an IRA that are near retirement?

I hope people aren't solely relying on Social Security.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
When SS was started it was solely an insurance program AND there were more workers for every retiree. Now there are less workers and people treat it as a retirement plan.
not true

do you really want the numbers????? can you handle them????........they dont help your agenda.....

number of people turning 65 on a DAILY BASIS....10,000
number of poeple turning 18 on a DAILY BASIS....13,000

BLS counts working age as 16-65

there are 20,219,890 that are 15-19 in the usa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_th...emocracy_Class

the FACT is you have 13,000 people turning 18 every day..and 10,000 turning 65 every day

so the fact that 10,000 boomer(65+) retire everyday is NULLIFIED by the fact that over 13,000 turn 18 every day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies