Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 01:34 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,346 times

Advertisements

I guess we will see who is crying about police brutality when it happens to you. I wish we could all live in your fantasy world you have inside your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now all the po widdle children coming home from disneyland were the target of the evil po po? LOL
Yes there could most definitely have been a problem with cross-fire at that location. Personally, I want a well-trained police department which keeps us all safe by operating within the boundaries of the law and common sense.

But since you seem to think the police have the right to just go in an "clear out" suspected drug dealers I'm not thinking you are going to understand how that works.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-23-2012 at 01:52 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
I guess we will see who is crying about police brutality when it happens to you. I wish we could all live in your fantasy world you have inside your head.
Better to live in your fantasy world where you can obey whatever laws you deem correct? Yeah cry me a river.

I don't plan on selling drugs anytime soon or throwing rocks and bottles at cops who go after those that do so I'll take my chances in my world. You I don't think will last long on the outside of prison in yours. Or more likely your just squealing to squeal and don't even have the guts to go break any of those laws you so despise. Man up and go sell some crack for once.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes there could most definitely have been a problem with cross-fire at that location. Personally, I want a well-trained police department which keeps us all safe by operating within the boundaries of the law and common sense.

But since you seem to think the police have the right to just go in an "clear out" suspected drug dealers I'm not thinking you are going to understand how that works.
They didn't clear anybody out. The suspected dealers took off running. I guess you would just get back in your car and go get a long john??

There could be crossfire every time a gun is used. That is why the police are investigated every time they fire their weapon to make sure they followed the rules set forth by said evil police force. Gangs don't really have any internal controls like this and investigate when they use their guns on the cops or populace. They just drive on and continue to sell and these same folks who throw rocks and bottles at police probably go on a rant complaining how the cops didn't stop these drug dealers from shooting innocent victims.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
According to the chief of police the APD cop did not let the k9 cop dog loose on purpose. I dont understand why the protestors threw bottles & junk at the police. I do know its difficult to trust the police esp in california. Look what happened in fullerton.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
According to the chief of police the APD cop did not let the k9 cop dog loose on purpose. I dont understand why the protestors threw bottles & junk at the police. I do know its difficult to trust the police esp in california. Look what happened in fullerton.
I agree. I don't trust cops as far as I could throw one of em. That being said there are plenty more good cops than bad ones. A mob pelting police with bottles and rocks at police investigating the incident is not going to get smiles back from those being pelted that's for sure.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
A mob pelting police with bottles and rocks at police investigating the incident is not going to get smiles back from those being pelted that's for sure.
It wasn't a "mob". It was, as is usually the case, just a few instigators. The families were sitting on their lawns in peaceful protest. One of the things they were asking for, BTW, was more help from the police and the city in dealing with the gang bangers who come into that neighborhood from outside the area.

What that video shows are the typical residents in that complex. Mother and fathers who work and try to live normal lives and pay their bills and school their children. If you've visited a motel near Disneyland these are the people who cook your food and change the sheets on your bed. They want to live free from drugs and gangs as much as the rest of us.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Better to live in your fantasy world where you can obey whatever laws you deem correct? Yeah cry me a river.

I don't plan on selling drugs anytime soon or throwing rocks and bottles at cops who go after those that do so I'll take my chances in my world. You I don't think will last long on the outside of prison in yours. Or more likely your just squealing to squeal and don't even have the guts to go break any of those laws you so despise. Man up and go sell some crack for once.

I've noticed the "police brutality" crowd being interviewed on TV are usually family/friends of the losers getting arrested for doing/selling drugs or some other mess. What kind of idiot throws a rock at a Cop?
What kind of Parent has their kids around such losers?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
When there is a group of people protesting and something gets thrown or set on fire....walk away from the area. If the police are involved then walk quickly. It's beyond common sense and if your mom didn't teach you that then allow me to.

I have no idea what happened in this instance, I'm only talking generalizations. But we do know things were thrown and a fire was set so I'm going to go ahead and say I wouldn't have my baby there or assume "peaceful" anything.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:05 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The intersection that video was filmed at is along a major east-west artery through the city of Anaheim. So pretty much any car passing in the vicinity could have been hit had the police opened fire. Including innocent families returning home from a day at Disneyland which is about five minutes from that spot. The actions of the APD put more than just the families in the video at risk.
A family in car returning from Disney five minutes away could have been hit by short range bean bags and pepper balls fired 20 feet away towards unruly crowd? Come on, you think maybe you are working a bit too hard to turn that into a threat to people not involved in this protest? What is a bean bag going to bounce off the noggin of a rock thrower and fly into the innocent Disney family car thru a cracked window then land in someone's lap?

Also = it says the police dog escaped from a police car thru the window. Bad cop for not securing his dog, but far different from OMG they sicked their dog on innocent mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies