Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You use that as your defense and see how far that gets ya. LOL

I will die a free man, way before I'm well fed and in chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and says because it's illegal.

And this is the problem... we have allowed them to penalize us for things they really don't need to be involved with... helmets, seat belts, and so on. Why do we want police to have a power to penalize us for such nonsense, Stop giving them these right as and lets repeal some of what they have.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I will die a free man, way before I'm well fed and in chains.
Not if you insinst on breaking laws. You will eventually be caught. Or maybe not who knows. If/when you do you made the choice.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not if you insinst on breaking laws. You will eventually be caught. Or maybe not who knows. If/when you do you made the choice.
You don't understand the term " die a free man" - because you are not a free man.

You are a sheeple.

New Hampshire is on my short list of states in which to move. Their motto is short and to the point.

"Live free or die".

And before you get all confused and on your high horse - let me make it clear. We are not advocating anarchy. Hedonism has no place in a free society.

Freedom carries responsibility. Liberty requires one to exercise self control - and respect the boundaries of others.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
And this is the problem... we have allowed them to penalize us for things they really don't need to be involved with... helmets, seat belts, and so on. Why do we want police to have a power to penalize us for such nonsense, Stop giving them these right as and lets repeal some of what they have.

I see your point. Once we overturn all these pesky laws that serve no purpose we will have no need of law enforcement as we will have no criminals. Life will be rosy and happy as we will all get along with each other. Once there is no such thing as crime, we will have no need to protect ourselves against it and we can get rid of all these nasty guns and ammunition.

I am sure that anyone causing discomfort by acting in a manner injurious to another can be gently instructed with a soothing tone and loving direction. By George! You have converted me. I too am a devout liberal now. What government agency is best for me to send all my worldly possessions and bank accounts to so that they are properly divided amongst the less fortunate. And now that I am penniless, where do I sign up for my government payouts?

Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I see your point. Once we overturn all these pesky laws that serve no purpose we will have no need of law enforcement as we will have no criminals. Life will be rosy and happy as we will all get along with each other. Once there is no such thing as crime, we will have no need to protect ourselves against it and we can get rid of all these nasty guns and ammunition.

I am sure that anyone causing discomfort by acting in a manner injurious to another can be gently instructed with a soothing tone and loving direction. By George! You have converted me. I too am a devout liberal now. What government agency is best for me to send all my worldly possessions and bank accounts to so that they are properly divided amongst the less fortunate. And now that I am penniless, where do I sign up for my government payouts?
When did that poster ever say that he was a liberal?

I agree with him - and I am a conservative. I don't know - but I would suspect that the poster in question is a conservative also - or at the least a conservatively oriented libertarian.

This a liberty issue - not a partisan issue.

I guess that you are anti-liberty.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
When did that poster ever say that he was a liberal?

I agree with him - and I am a conservative. I don't know - but I would suspect that the poster in question is a conservative also - or at the least a conservatively oriented libertarian.

This a liberty issue - not a partisan issue.

I guess that you are anti-liberty.
Harrier, Aone was responding to a post about the people being harassed for drug dealing and drinking because it was illegal and threw in some new complaints about helmets and seat belts. Those new items were not part of the discussion, so I ignored them and responded based on the original post he responded to.

I believe that laws are necessary and tried to emphasize that with illustrations that pointed to the serious need for laws. I read Aone's post as an argument for anarchy through lack of laws anyone disagreed with, not as a plea for individual freedom because it has been adequately proven that lack of law does NOT promote freedom for all, only freedom for the biggest bullies. Without the rule of law and the enforcement of the law there is no liberty, so I am arguably less anti-liberty than you or Aone based on your posture of disobedience to laws you feel don't make sense. You will find much more liberty when all laws are obeyed and poor laws are repealed within the structure of the legal system. Random disobedience puts all liberties at risk when people pick and choose what they will abide by and trample on liberties of others as they feel free. The best approach is for everyone to live by the same rules and know what they can expect of others, and to make those rules reasonably and sensibly. However, once a rule is made, no matter how bad, it must be obeyed or the consequences must be accepted.

If you feel that the libertarian agenda is the repeal of law and the promotion of pure individual freedom, I suggest you re-read your dictionary and start questioning the libertarians you are following. This is absolutely not the basis of libertarianism. The repeal of law is the goal of Anarchism.

Where did you read that I called Aone a liberal? The promotion of State through benefits and programs is a goal of Liberalism and that is the only mention of Liberalism I made. I did not even attribute that goal to Aone, rather I simply extended a logical scenario of supporting those that do not support themselves to the predictable end when we can no longer support ourselves and become dependent upon the government for our own subsistence. This was meant in as a sardonic statement to highlight the futility of this approach. I am glad you recognized that and treated it in such a light manner.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:04 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah. But I trust them a lot more than the typical resident around there.

Anybody around here want to go walking around there at 10PM on a warm saturday night?
Yrs ago you could walk here & there with no problem. Those days are long gone. I sure wont walk around yucaipa after dark.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Harrier, Aone was responding to a post about the people being harassed for drug dealing and drinking because it was illegal and threw in some new complaints about helmets and seat belts. Those new items were not part of the discussion, so I ignored them and responded based on the original post he responded to.

I believe that laws are necessary and tried to emphasize that with illustrations that pointed to the serious need for laws. I read Aone's post as an argument for anarchy through lack of laws anyone disagreed with, not as a plea for individual freedom because it has been adequately proven that lack of law does NOT promote freedom for all, only freedom for the biggest bullies. Without the rule of law and the enforcement of the law there is no liberty, so I am arguably less anti-liberty than you or Aone based on your posture of disobedience to laws you feel don't make sense. You will find much more liberty when all laws are obeyed and poor laws are repealed within the structure of the legal system. Random disobedience puts all liberties at risk when people pick and choose what they will abide by and trample on liberties of others as they feel free. The best approach is for everyone to live by the same rules and know what they can expect of others, and to make those rules reasonably and sensibly. However, once a rule is made, no matter how bad, it must be obeyed or the consequences must be accepted.

If you feel that the libertarian agenda is the repeal of law and the promotion of pure individual freedom, I suggest you re-read your dictionary and start questioning the libertarians you are following. This is absolutely not the basis of libertarianism. The repeal of law is the goal of Anarchism.

Where did you read that I called Aone a liberal? The promotion of State through benefits and programs is a goal of Liberalism and that is the only mention of Liberalism I made. I did not even attribute that goal to Aone, rather I simply extended a logical scenario of supporting those that do not support themselves to the predictable end when we can no longer support ourselves and become dependent upon the government for our own subsistence. This was meant in as a sardonic statement to highlight the futility of this approach. I am glad you recognized that and treated it in such a light manner.
//www.city-data.com/forum/25308788-post74.html

Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What crime did that group of women and children commit that they deserved to be shot at and have a vicious dog unleashed on them?
Since when are highly trained K-9 officers "vicious dogs"?

Clue: comply with LEO instructions, don't run, and the dog won't be released and forced to bite to bring you to the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies