Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Who would have thought the POTUS was even capable of giveing away classifed information. If Obama
hadn't been caught (red handed at that) telling Putin's aid that "you can tell your boss I can do more after I'm re-elected", it never would have crossed my mind.

This is the first president that I know of to give away things like the "European Defence Shield" without
anything in return. He panders to the Soviet's and then wonders why they push him around. Go figure
that--------
He panders and kisses everyone except hard working Americans. He panders a lot, that is his way, and wants voters, helpless and dependent.

Just heard since Obama has been in office our welfare situation is the worse since 1965. And not getting better. Some great change there.

And with that direct statement, no excuses necessary, most of us with a brain, knows what that meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,590 times
When this is what we have to do, we're screwed as a country.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ok, but the budgets passed by the house, that I've seen, would cut programs that many people in many districts don't want to see done away with. So the Senate could be seen as obstructing, or the house could be seen as passing bills with no chance at passing, because the voters don't support them.

The Presidents budget was no better, I'll grant you that, but our government, and both parties, have been a massive failure over the last 12 years.
We don't disagree, but it all has to start somewhere and the Senate won't even offer a compromise bill. They are sitting there, doing absolutely nothing. I understand that the House bill wasn't perfect, but that is why it is sent to the senate. The senate looks at it and then writes it's own and hopefully a compromise is achieved.. It doesn't happen if the senate doesn't even look at the thing.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
What is with this guy? The new Russian empire is one of the grandest and largest mafia organizations that the world has ever known- It would be like buttering up to the Italian mafia of old and saying...here you go this is how we function,,,I hope it helps with your business,,

Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
We don't disagree, but it all has to start somewhere and the Senate won't even offer a compromise bill. They are sitting there, doing absolutely nothing. I understand that the House bill wasn't perfect, but that is why it is sent to the senate. The senate looks at it and then writes it's own and hopefully a compromise is achieved.. It doesn't happen if the senate doesn't even look at the thing.
That's because without 60 votes it wont pass if it has one revenue increase.

Again, both parties at fault.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,444,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The house has passed budgets for the last two years, led by republicans. (Which I am not a republican.. Just my observation) What has the Senate done other than obstruct? Absolutely nothing. The resident of the white house submitted a budget that was stupid and he knew it wouldn't even get support in the senate. It wasn't meant to pass. Don't bother telling me or any other reasonable person what the "republicans priority" is. It's pretty obvious that the only "priority" of the democrats is obstructionism.
And how much time (and money) have the Republicans in the House spent and how many bills in all have they passed to repeal the Affordable Care Act? Last I heard it was 33 bills.

They *know* - even the House Republicans are smart enough to *know* - that none of those bills were going anywhere. The Senate wasn't going to touch them.

The House spent all that time/money to "send a message" instead of putting together rational budgets and realistic legislation dealing with jobs and the economy.

The Senate certainly is not without blame for the legislative gridlock. But the House has been shamefully pathetic.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Why not? Why won't the senate touch them? Are they afraid to put their votes on record? If they vote it down then vote it down. They won't even bring it up. Why is that? Maybe because they don't want their constituents to know what communists they really are? I guess one just needs to keep knocking on the door if dirty harry wants to keep it closed. In November hopefully the door will be kicked down.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM

If anyone wonders why the house had to do this just ask the democrats on the intelligence committee (I know snicker).....

"The Democratic leader of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Monday that the White House appears to be responsible for some highly criticized leaks of classified information in recent months.“I think the White House has to understand that some of this is coming from their ranks,” Sen. Dianne Feinstein told a World Affairs Council forum.
The California lawmaker said she was certain that President Obama, who receives a daily intelligence briefing, isn’t disclosing secret information, but she was uncertain about others at the White House. “I don’t believe for a moment that he goes out and talks about it,” she said.
Republicans have slammed the disclosures, arguing that members of the Obama administration were intentionally leaking classified material to enhance the president’s national security credentials in an election year. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has appointed two attorneys to lead the investigation into who leaked information about U.S. involvement in cyberattacks on Iran and about an al Qaeda plot to place an explosive device aboard a U.S.-bound airliner."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ligence-leaks/

Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM

Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Who would have thought the POTUS was even capable of giveing away classifed information. If Obama
hadn't been caught (red handed at that) telling Putin's aid that "you can tell your boss I can do more after I'm re-elected", it never would have crossed my mind.

This is the first president that I know of to give away things like the "European Defence Shield" without
anything in return. He panders to the Soviet's and then wonders why they push him around. Go figure
that--------
That defense shield was a dumb ass idea, and the Soviets aren't pushing anyone around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies