Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sure looks like the OP didn't read the article s/he posted.

Nowhere does it say Bush was not invited.

Yes, this is the same group who thinks Sarah said, "I can see Russia from my house."

Exactly! They only see what they want to see. Just ignore everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Unlike most politicians Mr. Bush is doing just what he said he would, you must have missed when he said he was out of politics. He's a smart man.
Both Bushes have been honorable in avoiding undermining the next administration(s). This should be admired, and I DETEST the post administration snarkiness exhibited by members of both parties, the worst two IMO being Jimmy Carter and Dick Cheney.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Are you frigging kidding me? Why would he want to spend two more seconds in the cesspool of politics after experiencing the thankless job of being President in some of the most challenging times in history?
Yes. He is definitely like a fish out of water in political circles.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Agreed he worked at an oil company that he set up through his daddy's connections and he parlayed that into a pretty good investment in the Texas Rangers.

The question you have to ask yourself is: What would George W. Bush Jr. have accomplished without his daddy's "Good Ole Boy" connections?

I'm sure it's a question he also ask himself.
Would Mitt, as well, have been able to achieve what he now has without the money inherited from his daddy?

Old 07-31-2012, 04:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
George W. Bush will not attend Republican convention

Geez, talk about being "persona non grata"! I wonder how they broke it to him, "well, 'ya see Dubya, we all got to thinking that maybe it would be better if you just sat this one out..."
I think that it's dreadfully unfair that he and his family were excluded from the RNC. The RNC probably flew him out to Africa recently so that they could get rid of him and not be seen in this country.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Not that I am defending Bush but it is easy to believe when you have hundreds of people telling you how great you are.
I thing GW should spend his last days fishing and hunting. Preferably with Dick Cheney.
Yeah. This is a huge problem with managers in business. Overstating their own worth because of all the flattery from sycophants. You can often tell the management whom you can trust by the disdain that they show these toads. Such people must have an innate ability to impartially judge the results of their decisions, which is another difficult thing in today's finger pointing business environment.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Did anyone tell you liberals that GW was invited to attend the Republican National Convention,....but it was his CHOICE not to attend? Seems GW chose not to crawl back into the political swamp. GW served his eight years, got his portrait in the White House, and is content to live in the Dallas area out of the limelight.

Can't deny the fact that he CHOSE not to attend the convention.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
l
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I think that it's dreadfully unfair that he and his family were excluded from the RNC. The RNC probably flew him out to Africa recently so that they could get rid of him and not be seen in this country.
When is the truth going to sink into your head? George W. Bush was not excluded from the convention - he was invited and he declined the invitation.

Sheesh!

Read the Seattle Times
//www.city-data.com/forum/25394905-post101.html

Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Do you think any of the Kennedy boys ever questioned their accomplishments because of their father's "connections"?

What about John Kerry who inherited or married his wealth?
I can see your point. It's just that - look at Palin, W, Romney - all seem to constantly put both their feet their mouths VERY often. Saying the wrong things to the wrong people, misunderstanding what's happening around them, changing stories, being insensitive to the larger audience. I think Biden had a few of those moments, but that did NOT continue. Maybe it's just that Democratic strategists get on their case more quickly and force their candidates to shut up.

What ever happened to real Conservative intellectuals? Where are the Bill Buckley's of the party? I don't even hear Pat Buchanan so much anymore. I might not agree with him, especially on the influence of his religion on his politics, but other than that, he's a darned smart guy.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
[quote=goldengrain;25428873]I can see your point. It's just that - look at Palin, W, Romney - all seem to constantly put both their feet their mouths VERY often. Saying the wrong things to the wrong people, misunderstanding what's happening around them, changing stories, being insensitive to the larger audience. quote]

You mean like,.....hey, Joe the Plumber,..."when we spread the wealth around it's good for everybody",....or,.."Cambridge police acted "stupidly",....or "You didn't build that,...somebody else did that",...."it's like it was the Special Olympics",....or,..."I've been in 57 states,...and I think there's one to go",...or,.."In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed", speaking about a tornado that killed 12 people.

Why can't I just eat my waffle?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies