Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
'Ol George has never been defeated. Two terms as President is all the law allows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
ermmm, Does the name McCain ring a bell?
Some days, I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. Reading what *******s type does that.

Just to make sure I understand this, someone thinks McCain defeated George.

OK, then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yeah, and if you believe that, I've got some cheap waterfront property for 'ya... in Alaska!
Bush has been private since he left office, only a fool could not see that.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
George W. Bush will not attend Republican convention

Geez, talk about being "persona non grata"! I wonder how they broke it to him, "well, 'ya see Dubya, we all got to thinking that maybe it would be better if you just sat this one out..."
That's a great headline for pulling out trash on Bush, but....
Quote:
Bush did not physically attend the Republican convention that nominated John McCain for the presidency four years ago, addressing the gathering via video feed.
Apparently attendance is an option. Sort of like reading and thinking.

How many Donk Congressmen/wo are going to skip their own party debacle?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:

Geez, talk about being "persona non grata"! I wonder how they broke it to him, "well, 'ya see Dubya, we all got to thinking that maybe it would be better if you just sat this one out..."
Thanks for posting this.

never thought Id say this, but with what the GOP is now doing, I long for the milder days of the 2001 election. Bush is probably too nice a guy for the current sociopaths...

Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thanks for posting this.

never thought Id say this, but with what the GOP is now doing, I long for the milder days of the 2001 election. Bush is probably too nice a guy for the current sociopaths...

Never thought I'd agree! George W. is getting close to RINO status...positively liberal in some respects.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:32 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Nobody wants a reminder of how the modern Republican party caused this economic mess.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Nobody wants a reminder of how the modern Republican party caused this economic mess.
This. ^^^ Bush's name won't even be mentioned. It will be like his presidency never happened. Which is exactly how the Republicans have acted since Obama took office.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Never thought I'd agree! George W. is getting close to RINO status...positively liberal in some respects.
Good points, and in a way it also kinda puts the current, um, "zealot" brand of conservatism into perspective. Apparently conservatives have truly never believed that Bush failed.... to them, the "Problem" was simply that he wasn't ever conservative enough!!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:

I am sure it was his choice.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Finally a lib I respect comes along and I want to ask you a question. Can you explain why the Leader, as Dems call Nancy Peosi, has had to try to explain that all those Democrat Representatives who are in danger of getting whipped in the coming election and know it are allowed to skip the Democrat Convention? Most of these people will come up with some pile a crap to explain that and maybe you can handle it. Being smarter than the rest causes this old conservative to ask yoiu instead of some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies