Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,182,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
"Because we're leading around the world, people have a new attitude toward America. There’s more confidence in our leadership. We see it everywhere we go," President Obama said at the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Reno

I guess record high unemployment, 50 year high poverty, record welfare and food stamp recipients and more people signing up for social security disability then are finding jobs, and 1.7% GDP growth, are real ego boosters for this president.
Remember the one of these thing is not like the other skit on Sesame street? That's what your post is. I travel 'around the world' once a year at least. The opinion that people have pretty much everywhere of Obama vs Bush is night and day. Thus, yes we are leading and people definitely have a new attitude. They definitely have more confidence in our leadership and I've seen it everywhere I've gone.

The issues you list only matter domestically. Thus, comparing those issues to the perception of the US around the world is the opposite of intelligent.

Perhaps if you're so upset by the economic conditions, you can start blaming those who caused this mess and those the current politicians who are dealing with the fallout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,150,151 times
delusional?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,391,560 times
Quote:
Wow, can this man be any more narcissistic, and are there enough straw men in all the world to fill his speeches? I swear this guy cannot make a speech without him creating at least three or four straw men.

"Because we're leading around the world, people have a new attitude toward America. There’s more confidence in our leadership. We see it everywhere we go," President Obama said at the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Reno

I guess record high unemployment, 50 year high poverty, record welfare and food stamp recipients and more people signing up for social security disability then are finding jobs, and 1.7% GDP growth, are real ego boosters for this president.

Obama: Under Me "People Have A New Attitude Toward America" And "More Confidence"

Meanwhile.....

Krauthammer slams Obama G20 presser: He’s so weak that nobody gives a damn what he says

I think he found a Heroin dealer he likes....

Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,797,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Remember the one of these thing is not like the other skit on Sesame street? That's what your post is. I travel 'around the world' once a year at least. The opinion that people have pretty much everywhere of Obama vs Bush is night and day. Thus, yes we are leading and people definitely have a new attitude. They definitely have more confidence in our leadership and I've seen it everywhere I've gone.
Yup, Obama even got an endorsement from Hugo Chavez recently.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM

37,730 posts, read 21,846,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

The issues you list only matter domestically. Thus, comparing those issues to the perception of the US around the world is the opposite of intelligent.

Perhaps if you're so upset by the economic conditions, you can start blaming those who caused this mess and those the current politicians who are dealing with the fallout.
In many parts of the world, seeing the USA get knocked down a few pegs, is applauded. We are the ones living in a lesser economy, suffering with high unemployment, so excuse me if I'm not as giddy as someone in Greece who is glad to be having company in the poor house.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM

14,295 posts, read 9,635,312 times
Quote:
Wow, can this man be any more narcissistic, and are there enough straw men in all the world to fill his speeches? I swear this guy cannot make a speech without him creating at least three or four straw men.

Obama: Under Me "People Have A New Attitude Toward America" And "More Confidence"

Meanwhile.....

Krauthammer slams Obama G20 presser: He’s so weak that nobody gives a damn what he says

This guys love affair with himself has reached new highs. I guess as long as people compliment him everywhere he goes, he doesn't care if the economy in the tank, we have a pathetic 1.7% GDP growth, our nation's credit rating is down graded, or if we have record numbers of citizens in poverty, on welfare, unemployed, on disability and collecting food stamps.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,379,321 times
Quote:
So you are saying that even if every measurable indicator shows our nation's economy declining, he is okay with it, if people fawn over him enough? In other words, if 0bama has enough praise heaped on him, it will put him into a two year narcissistic, "drug and alcohol induced haze', and erase from his sight, all the misery and pain that the country is going thru?

Nope i am saying and know others are thinking it also, Obama is that dislusional fool! quite the tool to.

Have you heard him lately. I heard him the beginning of the week, when he stated, the economy is on the right track, really now, not with any experts are saying.

Infact on 4 different news outlets yesterday, they were stating a recession is coming within the next couple weeks. And if you have a job be happy, cause more unemployed soon to come.

Oh and Obama always has enough praise, from the media outlets to others so influenced by any thing he says.
Your last statement, why don't you ask Obama about the misery and pain, so many have gone thru since he has been elected. And why can't he get us out of this mess. He sure as hell has not helped our problems either has he?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,413,167 times
Thumbs up Obama: Under Me "People Have A New Attitude Toward America" And "More Confidence"

He's right.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:16 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,159,121 times
He has failed. This is no surprise to people that did a few hours reading about Obama before the 08 election.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:12 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,540,710 times
His problem is that Americans have loss confidence i not only him but in the direction the country is going under him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies