Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM

8 posts, read 6,125 times

Advertisements

If ????? Europe turns violent.....you're wasting ink with nothing to say.....wake up, the world has turned violent !....... Furthermore, we are a country of refuges...natural born caucasians are now ''a minority'' if they could afford us and stand still for our lifestyle...they would be here already....besides, fox news tells me there are 'no jobs'......''i could fix that'...but,don't faint;n obama will put you up for a year or so with unemployment, food stamps and educate your kids while you avoid arizona.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:12 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
ORLY?
Spanish Unemployment since 1987. Spain just got back to 1996 unemployment levels. Spain has always had high unemployment.
Attached Thumbnails
If Europe turns Violent, Should America Accept Refugees-chart.png  

Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
Well for the whole of the summer, those 20 something Spanish and Greek guys will be scoring with all the German, Scandinavian, Swiss and British single ladies who flood into Spain and Greece for summer holidays. I bet they are feeling no pain.
Women like scoring with broke losers? Not even W. European chicks are that stupid. They will bang Americans, Germans, and other tourists who happen to be at the same clubs. The clubs that the Spanish dudes can't afford the cover nor able to buy the ladies drinks.

Quote:

As for youth unemployment, in countries like Spain and France, it is almost impossible to fire somebody - which makes it that much harder to get hired: an employer is afraid to hire a young person without good references and a verifiable track record - they might get stuck with them for years!

The problems in Europe (which are not actually noticeable to anyone in Europe such as myself and are mainly noticeable in the U.S. media) are mainly caused by letting Greece and the Eastern European countries in - a great, noble gesture for the future but - unfortunately - they DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. I think there will eventually be a peaceful separation between Western and Eastern Europe.. they'll probably still let the Poles slip through to do construction work as nobody in Western Europe actually wants to break a sweat.
Can't argue with the 2nd paragraph.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 AM

1,068 posts, read 2,021,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder what life style a 30k/yr would buy in Greece or Italy? Anyone have any idea?
Big countries, big differences and regional variations. How much for a run down shack in a trailer park near Kentucky? Suppose I could live pretty good on $30,000 THERE.

Same goes for Athens. The rich live a very good life and the affluent parts are as expensive as Paris and as for Italy Tuscany is full of Americans already and you won't get much for your Euro there either.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
Big countries, big differences and regional variations. How much for a run down shack in a trailer park near Kentucky? Suppose I could live pretty good on $30,000 THERE.

Same goes for Athens. The rich live a very good life and the affluent parts are as expensive as Paris and as for Italy Tuscany is full of Americans already and you won't get much for your Euro there either.
Yup. My aunt's farm in Europe has the fresh smell of mounds of pig s**t only 50 yards away from the shack she calls a summer kitchen. Put a sticky fly catcher up outside their house and it'll be filled by sunset. Could live pretty good in that village for only 30K too.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Actually the situation in some parts of the U.S. is the same. In addition to that Spain historically had always high unemployment.
This is true. They were doing better after the adoption of the Euro, when a lot os EU money flowed into all kinds of infrastructure etc ptojects, but the collapse of 2008 didn't hit just the US, we took everyone down with us. If you look at stats and graphs, you'll see the EU economy go down righ around the same time, and their recovery is even more enemic than ours.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:31 AM

441 posts, read 501,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yup. My aunt's farm in Europe has the fresh smell of mounds of pig s**t only 50 yards away from the shack she calls a summer kitchen. Put a sticky fly catcher up outside their house and it'll be filled by sunset. Could live pretty good in that village for only 30K too.
Hmm.. I'm guessing she's in Romania then.

We're actually planning on returning to the States for retirement because we can't afford Europe on a fixed income... well, maybe Romania but..

Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Spanish Unemployment since 1987. Spain just got back to 1996 unemployment levels. Spain has always had high unemployment.
I guess so, if you just ignore that decade....

Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Hmm.. I'm guessing she's in Romania then.
Nope. Not that poor. It's how many Central Europeans live, sorry to say. Her daughter has a white collar job nearby and still lives at home at age 45.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,991 times
Quote:
LOL! You've never been to Europe, have you? Don't worry. I'm in Europe right now.. and all quiet on the Western Front!

I came back from Germany few weeks ago, its funny like American media portray Europe as some combat zone with people dying of hunger and looting stores for food

I think it is much easier to see looting and unrest in the US than in Europe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies