Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times

Advertisements

This thread is a crock and completely off-base. Conservatives don't push their views on others.

They just don't think you should be allowed to vote, hold office, or basically live in America if you don't agree with or look like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support universal health care. I'm wondering when we might see it.
So have most of the People in these United States. We are about the only republic that does not have Universal health care in full .WE have been waiting a long time, at lest 60 years as I recall. Now we see that this time it could actually happen. Lets all get behind making it better and stop fighting like small children, getting nothing done in our legislative branch of Government.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
So have most of the People in these United States. We are about the only republic that does not have Universal health care in full .WE have been waiting a long time, at lest 60 years as I recall. Now we see that this time it could actually happen. Lets all get behind making it better and stop fighting like small children, getting nothing done in our legislative branch of Government.

This time? What time? There is nobody promoting universal health care.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:01 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
This time? What time? There is nobody promoting universal health care.
The bill that was passes was a well meaning attempt on the road to Universal health Care. The problem was , ( republican supported once ) we need single payer, that will eventually put the for profit Insurance Companies out of business. If you agree with that then we are on the right road. lets get on the same page for once , both sides of the isle !!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
The bill that was passes was a well meaning attempt on the road to Universal health Care. The problem was , ( republican supported once ) we need single payer, that will eventually put the for profit Insurance Companies out of business. If you agree with that then we are on the right road. lets get on the same page for once , both sides of the isle !!
I agree that is what we need and that we are nowhere near that.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I have never understood why conservatives try to push their beliefs on other people. If y'all don't like abortions, well then don't get an abortion. If you don't like homosexuality, don't be a homosexual. Why do you have to pretend to be little crussader knights for your social causes, attacking everyone who isn't like you??
The format with fake conservatives; the gov't & the planet ought to hold up my 'religion' for me, because I'm not using it in my own life. Bibles are convenient rocks.

AKA religious WRONG.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:29 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
This thread is a crock and completely off-base. Conservatives don't push their views on others.

They just don't think you should be allowed to vote, hold office, or basically live in America if you don't agree with or look like them.
Once the liberals finish liberating everyone...which I doubt will ever come to be- seeing when all problems are solved...they frantically look for another injustice or cause- even if there are none- they make one..Once a liberal has matured...they will be able to vote- hold office and start to look respectable and they too can be conservatives------------Go back far enough in time and everyone starts as a liberal- then once the adventure is over- they settle in and get to work...and become conservatives...relax- some day the big chair will be yours- once you are ready and stopped fooling around with all these stupid causes...in the meantime go liberate a gold fish..put them in a pond.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:35 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
I support universal health care. I'm wondering when we might see it.

Hopefully - - - NEVER!

Old 07-28-2012, 05:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:

Are you ready, as a taxpayer, to pay fair market value for all those insurance companies you put out of business??

Old 07-28-2012, 06:40 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I have never understood why conservatives try to push their beliefs on other people. If y'all don't like abortions, well then don't get an abortion. If you don't like homosexuality, don't be a homosexual. Why do you have to pretend to be little crussader knights for your social causes, attacking everyone who isn't like you??
Because that's how religion works. Conservatives didn't used to be like this, until they sold out to the religious wackos. Conservative Christians have a "cure" for the nations problems, and their "cure" is ten times worse than the disease.

But religion is not about people--it's about expanding its own footprint. It's no different than any big, bloated, liberty crushing, overreaching government. It invents problems so that it has something to protect people from. It seeks to limit peoples' freedom so that it can control them for its own growth and protection. It trains its people to listen when spoken to, and to respond without question, when instructed. It invents moral weapons of mass destruction, then assembles its army to attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies