Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Bill O'Reilly is center right.
Correct. He has often stated that he has enemies on the far right. He is opposed to the death penalty, favors some gun control regulations, and wants more government control over some industries such as oil companies, all positions that have irked hard line conservatives. Rather amusing when leftists paint him as some far right extremist, since he is not remotely one. Much of the criticism he gets comes from the right, who think that he is too liberal. Hannity is more conservative, and other well known commentators such as Beck, Levin, and Savage are much more conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
It's just O'reilly's opinion That's all. Nothing indicative of the network itself.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Not in a million years.

And I agree with an assault weapons ban.
Because when semi-automatic rifles are banned only criminals will have so-called "assault weapons".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's just O'reilly's opinion That's all. Nothing indicative of the network itself.
O'Reilly is a social liberal and far from a Constitutional Conservative. At heart, O'Reilly loves a large central government. It makes him "feel" safe. O'Reilly also probably believes the TSA is there to keep us "safe" as well.

Where is the puking smiley icon when you need it?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It is to the left. More gun control = moving toward the left. O'Reilly also endorsed the SCOTUS ruling on ObamaCare
It's that simple, is it? Then I guess all other laws on the books that limit us in any way whatsoever are moves toward the left.

You can frame it any way you want in your own mind, but by framing the gun issue as left/right you are shutting down and closing your mind to rational considerations that MUST be addressed in the world in which we live today.

No one in their right mind would ever trust in mass gun distribution to today's public and dismiss the public safety nightmare that it results in. Today there is no better example of brainwashing to the highest power than unbending zealous gun advocacy.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I say, let's go whole hog!

Americans should have access not only to handguns and semiautomatic weapons, but also fully automatic machine guns, grenades, and C4 plastic explosives.

Let's see how this works out.

Remember, folks, if you ban grenades and plastic explosives, then only the criminals will have hem!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
I don't know or care about Bill.... I have seen him, but never cared much what he felt or said.... Seems middle of the road to me and i am not partial to fence sitters much.

Now Bill Clinton banned assault weapons sort of and the law sunset several years ago with no events taking place as the lefties claimed. lefties such as Biden, who wrote the Ban.

No one appears to be able to define what an assault weapon is anyway.

Biden tried and failed... Everyone who wants here will try and fail too.

And i own a so called assault weapon legally, but all it is not, as it is a semi auto rifle, that can take a pig sticker which i have, but have no use for, and the metal stock folds up so the gun can fit in a tank, wich I don't have either

If someone tells me this gun is not for hunting, I will simply ask why not? I own a 5 round magazine for it, and so it is legal for hunting.

It is not a 3 fire or full auto select fire weapon, which is more the current definition of an assault weapon.

In recent times i belive only 2 so called real assault weapons were used ina crime, that of the bank robbery in Cal..

This little wacko weasle of a brain damage cartoon character that harmed so many lives should not have owned any gun, and probably should have been in a mental instition in the first place. He should not be the excuse for any bans on anything.

It's foolish to ban tools and devices but if the left must I suggest they start with bath tubs and finish with cars.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Should FBI crack down on assault weapons?

Wow, is it just me, or does Bill O'Reilly endorse more gun control? I always thought the guy was a closet liberal. I haven't been in the country for 5 months and I notice the changes that Fox News has taken, namely their highest rated show has lurched to the left in recent times. The topic isn't about gun control, or my positions or your positions on gun control, this is about Fox News itself.
But you are only mentioning one Fox show and what I heard him say has nothing to do with gun ownership but the reporting mechanism (not reporting by the buyer) when a lot of assault weapons are bought. He thinks it's the FBI. I'm thinking he doesn't know that the shooter bought his stuff from multiple places. The Utah guy (jason Chaffetz) tried to tell him ATF is the agency but he just talked over him like he usually does when people know more than he does. Bill O'Reilly knows culture stuff. He's a traditionalist. On everything else I don't think he's very informed. That's why his guests (that aren't spinning) are only on for a few minutes. He talks over Cavuto who runs rings around him when it comes to energy. He talks over Hume, Rove and Krauthammer when it comes to politics or the economy. It's a People Magazine type of opinion show. A little of this, a little of that. Nothing that exposes the host for what he doesn't know. Hey, he's successful at it but it's infuriating.

I still want to know what's a legitimate reason for the purchase of tear gas by non-law enforcement. I don't hear people talk about that.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
He is paid to represent what the bosses tell him. He's just a shill.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Disagree. I firmly believe that all of the major network "news" people have very limited latitude and present only what they are instructed to present. If they don't follow the script, they get fired.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:37 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
O'Reilly has always been a leftist.

Any individual who tells another individual how to live is a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies